Evil that Returns

The Adventure Log

This campaign is run in Gametable.

These are the literal logs of the play sessions. Unfortunately, my logs (in a readable format) only extend back to 12-29-08, thus the logging on this site begins partway through the campaign.

View
Onwards into Khorvaire, Part 5

2010-10-28 21:50:02.598 Ironbrow: (Maybe the torch outside needs flame touched to it?)
2010-10-28 21:50:15.074 Jerric: (( Seems likely to me ))
2010-10-28 21:50:43.125 Jerric: (( Well, somehow "light" that flame ))
2010-10-28 21:51:24.153 Ironbrow: (Can I make a religion check to see if there are any phrases or rites
common to Silver Flamers (hur hur hur) that might apply to something like
this?)
2010-10-28 21:51:41.054 DM: (Indeed.)
2010-10-28 21:51:48.554 Ironbrow rolls d20 + 10: (4) + 10 = 14
2010-10-28 21:51:57.855 Ironbrow: (Man, we’re rolling crap tonight. :D)
2010-10-28 21:53:14.184 Ironbrow: "The only religious phrase that I know might apply to those who worship
the Silver Flame is "Walk with the Flame.""
2010-10-28 21:53:39.210 DM: (PS – Nothing happens.)
2010-10-28 21:53:50.661 Ironbrow frowns and crosses its arms.
2010-10-28 21:54:58.940 Ironbrow: (I’m out of ideas, any thoughts?)
2010-10-28 21:55:59.669 Jerric: (( We haven’t tried doing anything to the flame outside? ))
2010-10-28 21:56:05.894 Jerric: (( Or torch, rather ))
2010-10-28 21:56:28.095 Ironbrow: (Let’s try tapping the real torch we have to the graven one outside, with
the phrase.)
2010-10-28 21:57:13.823 Dorvak: “Morthos, can’t you change the color of things? Maybe we could get something to be silver”
2010-10-28 21:59:19.605 Morthos: "I can"
2010-10-28 22:00:10.833 Ironbrow: "It’s worth trying on this torch."
2010-10-28 22:01:40.463 Morthos casts Prestidigitation on the torch, turning it silver"
2010-10-28 22:02:06.664 DM: As Ironbrow holds up the silver torch, you can see a chunk of the wall
fade out.
2010-10-28 22:02:35.591 Ironbrow: "An illusion? Or a very clever use of discorporation magic and light."
2010-10-28 22:03:40.945 DM: Beyond the former wall, there is a passage, well-lit by silver torches
every thirty feet.
2010-10-28 22:04:41.948 Jerric: "If I had to guess, I’d say this is definitely part of the same passage.
They should connect somewhere."
2010-10-28 22:06:07.428 DM: The passage gently slopes upwards as it continues on almost featurelessly.
2010-10-28 22:07:43.884 DM: After an extended period of walking (about a half hour; the map is not to
scale), you come upon a wall and a door.
2010-10-28 22:08:01.660 DM: The wall is made of unmarked marble, seamless and smooth. The door has a
silver flame engraved in the center of it.
2010-10-28 22:09:06.646 Ironbrow: (Able to be opened the usual way?)
2010-10-28 22:09:15.997 DM: It certainly has no visible lock.
2010-10-28 22:09:44.374 Ironbrow: "Think it will respond to the flame?"
2010-10-28 22:09:50.874 Ironbrow holds up the torch to the door.
2010-10-28 22:09:59.024 DM: Nothing happens.
2010-10-28 22:10:02.675 Jerric: (( It’s just a door, right? ))
2010-10-28 22:10:29.276 DM: (While there are certainly reasons to think that the usual ‘grab it and
pull’ method might not work, you also have plenty of reasons to think that
such a method would work fine.)
2010-10-28 22:11:07.828 Ironbrow: (Oh, I misunderstood. Nevermind Ironbrow’s spontaneous Wrong Genre
Savviness.
2010-10-28 22:11:17.679 Ironbrow: ( /door )
2010-10-28 22:12:31.288 DM: Beyond the door, you can see a raised circular pedastal. On the pedastal,
there is a silver bonfire.
2010-10-28 22:13:18.695 DM: Beyond the silver bonfire, you can see two priests, two men in plate armor
with longsword + heavy shield, and three men in plate with greatswords.
They appear to be listening to a service given by the clerics.
2010-10-28 22:13:30.971 DM: You recognize the voice of Father Orleux, the priest you spoke to earlier,
as one of the clerics.
2010-10-28 22:13:46.196 DM: And now oog notage.
2010-10-28 22:14:04.172 DM: Actually, ignore that for now.
2010-10-28 22:14:05.598 DM: Carry on.
2010-10-28 22:14:15.048 DM: They do not appear to have noticed you.
2010-10-28 22:14:34.774 Morthos: "Think one of you can sneak in here to get a closer look?"
2010-10-28 22:15:03.501 Jerric: (( Which way are they all facing? ))
2010-10-28 22:15:30.752 DM: The knights are facing you, the clerics have their backs to you.
2010-10-28 22:16:05.862 DM: Oh. I missed a descriptive note.
2010-10-28 22:16:23.788 DM: One of the clerics (the female one who is not Father Orleux) has three
small silver fires orbiting her head.
2010-10-28 22:16:50.315 Ironbrow: (She doesn’t happen to be a young girl, does she?)
2010-10-28 22:17:01.916 DM: Young adult. 18-25 range.
2010-10-28 22:17:07.466 Ironbrow: (Okay, whew.)
2010-10-28 22:18:23.520 Ironbrow keeps its voice low. “Maybe we should listen and see what is going on before we interrupt with swords.”
2010-10-28 22:18:26.370 Jerric: (( Also, can we hear what they are saying from here? ))
2010-10-28 22:18:40.671 DM: That sounds like a request that can be answered with a perception check.
2010-10-28 22:19:04.973 DM: (Also move your pog to exactly where you’re standing, because distance
affects DC.)
2010-10-28 22:19:23.699 Jerric rolls Skill, Perception (d20 + 5 + 6 + 1): 15 + 5 + 6 + 1 = 27
2010-10-28 22:19:33.949 Jerric: (( That’s like what, my fourth 15 tonight? ))
2010-10-28 22:19:49.727 DM: Hey, 15’s a good roll.
2010-10-28 22:20:35.606 Jerric: (( I know, but just funny it’s the same exact one :P ))
2010-10-28 22:21:35.109 Jerric: "Sounds like a religious chant or something, not any exchange of
information."
2010-10-28 22:23:14.720 Ironbrow nods and frowns.
2010-10-28 22:23:58.401 Ironbrow: "Do you think that is… the Silver Flame? Or some manner of
replication?"
2010-10-28 22:24:25.678 Jerric shrugs
2010-10-28 22:25:36.908 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 10 + 15 = 25
2010-10-28 22:25:43.633 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 2 + 15 = 17
2010-10-28 22:25:43.908 Ironbrow: (bio afk, brb)
2010-10-28 22:26:07.485 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 16 + 15 = 31
2010-10-28 22:26:16.210 Morthos has left the session
2010-10-28 22:26:17.410 Morthos has joined the session
2010-10-28 22:28:37.319 Ironbrow: (Back)
2010-10-28 22:29:16.547 Morthos: "This flame is a portal"
2010-10-28 22:29:58.999 Ironbrow: "Nakas used flame and smoke as a portal, did he not?"
2010-10-28 22:31:48.306 Morthos: "I believe he did"
2010-10-28 22:32:17.008 Jerric: "I remember the leftover mist from the fountain, you mean that?"
2010-10-28 22:32:59.236 Ironbrow: "I recall some of his agents engaging us after appearing in clouds of
flame. Then again, I’ve received great quantities of structural damage
since that time, so they may be fabricated memories."
2010-10-28 22:33:13.812 Ironbrow: "Regardless, I think now is a time for interrupting them."
2010-10-28 22:33:28.438 Jerric: "And say what?"
2010-10-28 22:33:55.315 Ironbrow: "Ask… for directions? Morthos, can you trace where that portal might
lead?"
2010-10-28 22:34:13.291 Morthos: "I could but I would need to be closer"
2010-10-28 22:34:52.593 Jerric: "Might it be better to wait and see if they send the knights through the
portal? All the better if we upset them."
2010-10-28 22:35:08.844 Ironbrow: "Good point."
2010-10-28 22:35:40.296 DM: (So waiting and watching?)
2010-10-28 22:35:46.021 Ironbrow: (For now, I think.)
2010-10-28 22:36:34.352 DM: After about ten more minutes of droning, repetitive chanting, the clerics
move to the sides of the pedastal and the knights begin arraying
themselves as for battle. Weapons at the ready, shields held high, etc.
2010-10-28 22:37:09.654 DM: The knights then form into a single-file line and begin walking into the
flame.
2010-10-28 22:38:08.688 Ironbrow: (Is there any horrible screaming?)
2010-10-28 22:38:14.963 DM: Nope.
2010-10-28 22:38:20.839 DM: They just walk into the flame and disappear.
2010-10-28 22:39:02.992 Ironbrow: "There is no sense behind dispatching troops when they are needed right
here."
2010-10-28 22:41:04.976 Jerric: "I don’t think they’ve reached here already? It may be merely sending them
to wherever the front lines are."
2010-10-28 22:42:13.305 Ironbrow: "Possibly."
2010-10-28 22:44:14.187 DM: After a few minutes, another group of knights walks into the room.
2010-10-28 22:45:00.417 Ironbrow: "What is the plan, then?"
2010-10-28 22:45:31.843 Jerric: "I don’t see anything suspicious here, really."
2010-10-28 22:46:22.621 Ironbrow: "In that case, we should leave before we are discovered."
2010-10-28 22:47:19.900 Jerric: (( Has the chanting begun yet? ))
2010-10-28 22:47:27.550 DM: Nope.
2010-10-28 22:47:29.775 Jerric: (( Or whatever he drones ))
2010-10-28 22:47:38.601 DM: He appears to be leafing through a book.
2010-10-28 22:48:28.228 Jerric: "Wait until he starts talking again, and…walk quietly."
2010-10-28 22:48:35.904 Jerric particularly eyes Dorvak and Ironbrow
2010-10-28 22:48:56.255 Ironbrow: (clank clank clank clank)
2010-10-28 22:48:58.730 Ironbrow waits.
2010-10-28 22:49:01.030 DM: Dorvak shrugs sheepishly.
2010-10-28 22:49:16.831 DM: After a few minutes, the droning begins again.
2010-10-28 22:50:16.085 Morthos rolls Skill- Perception/Bluff (d20 + 9): 11 + 9 = 20
2010-10-28 22:51:54.221 Morthos: "They are giving the last rites"
2010-10-28 22:52:16.423 Ironbrow: "Is it a sacrifice? Do they do that?"
2010-10-28 22:53:06.325 Morthos: "They say it when they expect to die, not normal battles"
2010-10-28 22:54:56.263 Ironbrow: (I’m torn here. In some respect I feel they’re sending out men needlessly
even if this isn’t some kind of evil horrible thing in disguise, but also
that we shouldn’t bite the hand of the hotel owner, as it were.)
2010-10-28 22:56:07.392 Jerric: (( I don’t think we have enough evidence to make a move, justifiably here
))
2010-10-28 22:56:48.444 DM: As it is now 10:56, we can leave off here, and you can have a whole week
to puzzle out what you want to do here.
2010-10-28 22:57:00.620 Ironbrow: Fair enough.
2010-10-28 22:57:12.370 Jerric: Ok, see you guys next week
2010-10-28 22:57:19.771 Unearthly has left the session
2010-10-28 22:57:23.998 Ironbrow: Have a good one.
2010-10-28 22:57:27.298 Your connection to the host was lost.
2010-10-28 22:57:27.301 Disconnected.

View
Onwards into Khorvaire, Part 2

2010-10-14 21:28:10.990 DM: As you cross onto the docks, you are met by a harried-looking overweight
human.
2010-10-14 21:28:41.416 Dockmaster: “Who the bloody hell are you, and what is your reason for coming to Flamekeep?”
2010-10-14 21:28:58.167 Ironbrow crosses its arms.
2010-10-14 21:29:26.719 Ironbrow: "We are carrying refugees and survivors from Zilargo. What is going on
here?"
2010-10-14 21:30:03.821 DM: The man deflates.
2010-10-14 21:31:04.902 Dockmaster: “Oh. Zilargo got it even worse than we did, I hear.”
2010-10-14 21:31:56.004 Dockmaster: “Four days ago, Karrnath’s undead armies crossed our borders and started taking towns. They’re not responding to any diplomatic overtures and we’re not sure what’s going on. I thought you might have been with them….your ship looks a little heavily armed for ordinary travelers.”
2010-10-14 21:32:14.006 Ironbrow: "Are you sure they were Karrnath troops?"
2010-10-14 21:33:07.409 Dockmaster: “I suppose someone could have dressed them up in old Karrnathi uniforms, but if they weren’t, then why wouldn’t we have heard back from the envoys we had at Karrnath?”
2010-10-14 21:33:42.389 Ironbrow: "We may know why. It is imperative that we speak to some authority figure.
Who should we seek out?"
2010-10-14 21:34:50.867 Dockmaster: “Hmm….most of them are out organizing the evacuation or defenses now…but I’m sure if you head to the Temple someone will know more.”
2010-10-14 21:35:03.318 DM: (The way he says Temple, it is obviously capitalized.)
2010-10-14 21:35:51.121 Ironbrow nods. “What do we owe for a docking fee?”
2010-10-14 21:36:27.648 Dockmaster: “Fifteen gold, unless you’re carrying trade goods. Then we’d have to inspect and tariff as appropriate.”
2010-10-14 21:36:52.874 Ironbrow: "Nothing we intend to trade. Supplies for our voyage and defense."
2010-10-14 21:37:23.601 Dockmaster: “Just the fifteen then.”
2010-10-14 21:38:47.781 Morthos: "sir, has there been anything unusual going on near the city center?"
2010-10-14 21:39:33.059 Dockmaster: “No, not that I’m aware of. The Temple dominates that whole area, and I’m sure the priests would have done something about it if anything were going on there.”
2010-10-14 21:40:25.662 Ironbrow: "We’ll check it out. Thank you."
2010-10-14 21:40:42.913 DM: He nods and heads off to continue his work.
2010-10-14 21:41:18.990 DM: (Heading towards the Temple?)
2010-10-14 21:41:20.815 Ironbrow: (Onward!)
2010-10-14 21:42:54.545 DM: As you walk out of the airship dock, it becomes obvious why the dockmaster
said that the Temple dominated the entire area. Properly named the
Cathedral of the Silver Flame, it is visible from just about anywhere in
the city, sitting on an enormous hilltop that appears to have been
flattened out just to support the enormous building. The massive
cathedral sports alabaster walls and flying buttresses adorned with
stained glass windows depicting religous and historical scenes. Icons,
angelic beings, and gargoyles adorn its entire exterior.
2010-10-14 21:45:47.330 DM: You walk through the streets and up the hill, passing through the massive
wooden doors which are wide open. Inside, the walls are black marble
inlaid with silver patterns. The nave is absurdly large; it appears that
it could hold nearly ten thousand people if they were good friends, or
nearly eight thousand comfortably. There are pews spread out in rows
among the supporting pillars, and balconies hanging just below the
clerestory. A raised area below the presbytery appears to be where a
choir would be held; the choirbox looks like it could hold a thousand
people alone.
2010-10-14 21:46:03.981 DM: Two enormous wooden doors make up the entire back wall, behind the
presbytory.
2010-10-14 21:47:05.184 Ironbrow: "Strange, this manner of worship."
2010-10-14 21:47:30.211 Jerric: "Well, just keep those comments to yourself while we’re here."
2010-10-14 21:49:08.467 DM: As your eyes adjust to seeing mundane details rather than sheer
immenseness, you notice that the doors at the back are guarded by four
knights in silver armor. Here and there, people are sitting on the pews
wieh their heads down. A man in robes is sitting in the presbytery.
2010-10-14 21:49:22.742 Morthos: "agreed, the silver flame don’t take kindly to criticism"
2010-10-14 21:50:01.646 Ironbrow: (The robed guy or the knights?)
2010-10-14 21:51:21.525 Jerric: (( As in, who should we approach? I would start with the man in the robes
))
2010-10-14 21:51:33.876 Ironbrow: (nod)
2010-10-14 21:52:10.180 Ironbrow: (Probably best if someone else talks to the religious guy. The godless
steampunk robot might not be the best here. :D)
2010-10-14 21:52:32.581 Ironbrow: (Also, justification for a bio.)
2010-10-14 21:53:33.885 Jerric takes the lead and walks over the man sitting in the presbytery
2010-10-14 21:53:46.435 DM: The man looks up as you approach.
2010-10-14 21:55:20.666 Jerric: "Greetings. We have information related to the chaos going on throughout
the world right now. Can you direct us to someone who could make good use
of it?"
2010-10-14 21:56:15.794 Priest: “Greetings, my son. May the blessing of the Flame be upon you this day. What sort of information do you have to share with us?”
2010-10-14 21:56:53.246 Priest: “I am Father Orleux (pronunciation: Or – loo), and if you carry important information, I will make sure it makes it to the proper people.”
2010-10-14 21:58:36.952 Jerric: "Nice to meet you, Father. I am Jerric, with me are…"
2010-10-14 21:58:52.053 Jerric turns and names his companions
2010-10-14 21:59:13.629 Orleux: “Blessings of the Flame be upon you all this day.”
2010-10-14 22:00:01.457 Jerric: (( So, do you want me to repeat the relevant information? I wonder how
many info dumps we’ve done by now >_> ))
2010-10-14 22:00:11.283 DM: (Nah, just summarize what you tell him.)
2010-10-14 22:00:23.509 DM: (For example, "I say what happened in Zilargo")
2010-10-14 22:01:10.737 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 20 + 15 = 35
2010-10-14 22:01:47.114 Jerric: (( Not sure if I even remember everything. The rakshasa, the orb, Nakas ))
2010-10-14 22:02:30.116 Jerric: (( I should re-read what the dragon told us ))
2010-10-14 22:02:40.792 Jerric: (( What he said ))
2010-10-14 22:06:10.829 DM: (So you’re basically telling him everything? Sorry for delay, I was
hurling walls of text at Morthos in response to his nat 20)
2010-10-14 22:07:15.708 Jerric: (( Do we have a reason to keep anything? I don’t think anything can be
used against us, but… ))
2010-10-14 22:07:51.486 Ironbrow: (( Not that I can think of, I mean, we’re at the point where withholding
information might cause our potential allies to mistrust us when they find
out. ))
2010-10-14 22:08:32.713 Jerric: (( So yeah, going with full disclosure ))
2010-10-14 22:08:51.141 DM: (Ok then. A half hour of Jerric expositioning later…)
2010-10-14 22:09:45.194 Orleux: “Hmmm….interesting. This would explain much, if true. I am somewhat at a loss, though; while it is certainly good to know these things, it does not much help us with our current problem.”
2010-10-14 22:10:20.874 Orleux: “Whether Karrnath has been taken over, or attacked on their own, or these are merely facsimilies and our communication lines have been severed for different purposes, we still have an army of undead marching on our land.”
2010-10-14 22:10:43.326 Ironbrow: "So you are evacuating the city? It has no defenses against the undead?"
2010-10-14 22:11:38.179 Orleux: “We are evacuating noncombatants. While we do not expect the city to fall, we see no reason to risk their lives needlessly. Should the worst happen, they will already be safe.”
2010-10-14 22:12:07.355 Orleux: “Furthermore, the evacuation is voluntary. Anyone who wishes to stay and do what they might is welcome.”
2010-10-14 22:13:47.486 Ironbrow: "Is there a single direction from which the undead are approaching?"
2010-10-14 22:14:52.165 Orleux: “Their main force is to the northeast. Groups split off here and there, but that is where they came from. Their first incursion was on our northeast shore of the lake.”
2010-10-14 22:18:37.283 Jerric: "Well, we came to pass along the information with the hope it could be
sent along to the other nations of Khorvaire. This evil is too strong for
each to fend for themselves, so we were hoping it could be used to help
form alliances."
2010-10-14 22:19:30.786 Jerric: "Diplomacy is not our specialty, so we plan to head into other dangerous
parts of the world to do what more investigation and purging we can."
2010-10-14 22:20:27.764 Orleux: “We appreciate your information, and we will send messengers as we can to ensure that others learn of it. Such an evil should be stood against by all righteous men.”
2010-10-14 22:20:54.369 Orleux: “I merely regret that at the moment, Thrane is too busy defending our people to attempt to help others or to mount an offensive.”
2010-10-14 22:21:00.844 Jerric nods
2010-10-14 22:21:05.094 Jerric: "That is understandable."
2010-10-14 22:22:47.125 Jerric: "Well that was our business. I thank you for your time and wish you
success in your defenses."
2010-10-14 22:23:22.577 Orleux: “Good luck to you in your journeys as well. Go with the Flame.”
2010-10-14 22:23:55.329 Jerric turns to his companions and heads for the exit
2010-10-14 22:24:06.130 Ironbrow follows.
2010-10-14 22:24:30.506 Ironbrow: "It may be possible to find out whether Karrnath is truly behind this. If
the matter can be cleared up, we may gain both countries’ aid."
2010-10-14 22:24:41.207 DM: As you walk out, Father Orleux pulls out a book and a quill and begins
scribbling. It looks like he’s writing down what you told him.
2010-10-14 22:25:50.560 Morthos: "anyone mind if we find the local library?"
2010-10-14 22:26:19.812 Ironbrow: "Shouldn’t be a problem, we’re waiting for the ship to be fixed."
2010-10-14 22:27:00.489 Morthos: "Also, I have some less than ideal news"
2010-10-14 22:27:01.040 Jerric: "Right. Buuut, I think I’ll go find someplace to get an ale."
2010-10-14 22:27:24.416 Jerric: "Is it great news, that happens to not be ideal?"
2010-10-14 22:27:52.092 Morthos: "bad news on top of a bad situation"
2010-10-14 22:28:20.469 Morthos: "that church is spewing over with blood magic"
2010-10-14 22:28:32.495 Morthos: "the same type of magic in the fountains of trollanport"
2010-10-14 22:28:57.871 Ironbrow stops in its tracks.
2010-10-14 22:29:39.049 Morthos: "the amount in the church is vastly more than the fountains aswell"
2010-10-14 22:29:58.600 Jerric: "Are you saying that you suspect everyone in it? Or why not mention it
before?"
2010-10-14 22:31:19.004 Morthos: "To be honest I’m not sure what I suspect right now but it didn’t seem
wise to mention it inside the church. If it is as bad as I fear it could
we don’t need the church knowing that we know"
2010-10-14 22:31:25.430 Morthos: be
2010-10-14 22:32:08.557 Jerric: "So what’s our plan of action?"
2010-10-14 22:34:30.315 Morthos: "I need to do a bit of research. If you want to meet at a pub after I
finish that works for me"
2010-10-14 22:35:16.093 Ironbrow: "If there is a risk here, none of us should travel alone. I will accompany
Morthos, Lanley can go with you, Jerric. I am sure he would enjoy a drink
as well."
2010-10-14 22:35:26.893 DM: Lanley smiles.
2010-10-14 22:35:27.668 Ironbrow: "Dorvak as well."
2010-10-14 22:35:31.744 Lanley: “Can’t argue with that plan.”
2010-10-14 22:35:59.570 Dorvak: “I think it’s worth going and checking on the ship’s repairs. I can meet Jerric and Lanley after I do that.”
2010-10-14 22:36:48.073 Ironbrow nods.
2010-10-14 22:37:06.452 DM: So: The party splits up to go to their seperate places, and each group
meets a dozen dragons and dies.
2010-10-14 22:37:10.752 DM: I mean, gets where they were going.
2010-10-14 22:37:23.803 Ironbrow: (Those are not the same thing. Remotely.)
2010-10-14 22:37:34.154 DM: (Never split the party! Dozen dragons each!)
2010-10-14 22:37:47.129 DM: At the library…
2010-10-14 22:38:09.481 Morthos: I’m looking for the most recent books I can find on the silver flame"
2010-10-14 22:38:12.456 DM: Arcane, History, and Perception checks can help you find books on topics
you are searching for.
2010-10-14 22:38:34.107 Ironbrow: (I can assist as necessary. I’m a big metal librarian’s assistant.)
2010-10-14 22:38:53.233 DM: Feel free to either use Aid Another or make independent checks.
2010-10-14 22:39:06.759 Ironbrow rolls Skill: History (d20 + 13): 2 + 13 = 15
2010-10-14 22:39:17.235 Ironbrow: (Assisting unless specifically asked otherwise.)
2010-10-14 22:39:55.137 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 7 + 15 = 22
2010-10-14 22:40:17.163 DM: The first few books you find have nothing useful to you.
2010-10-14 22:41:01.116 Morthos: I’m looking specifically for books containing rumors or conspiracy theories
2010-10-14 22:41:04.741 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 13 + 15 = 28
2010-10-14 22:41:20.167 Morthos: maybe dissenters of the church
2010-10-14 22:41:30.742 DM: Good old Heretic section.
2010-10-14 22:41:42.068 Ironbrow: (Every respectable library has one.)
2010-10-14 22:43:32.274 DM: In this search, Morthos has found a book which appears to fascinate him
very thoroughly. It is a nondescript brown leather book with no
distinguishing markings of any kind.
2010-10-14 22:47:46.843 Morthos: Ironbrow, we’re done here if you are ready
2010-10-14 22:47:54.418 Ironbrow nods. “Did you learn anything?”
2010-10-14 22:48:08.769 Morthos: "I did"
2010-10-14 22:48:41.896 DM: Teleportation to the inn, where Dorvak, Lanley, and Jerric have been
eating lunch.
2010-10-14 22:49:08.847 DM: (And by ‘teleportation’, I mean not just scene change, but that Morthos
and Ironbrow finished walking there and everyone is in one place again.)
2010-10-14 22:49:56.250 Dorvak: “Welcome back Morthos and Ironbrow! Sonn said he can get the ship as good as new in two days.”
2010-10-14 22:50:05.151 Morthos: "That is good news"
2010-10-14 22:50:56.479 Morthos: "Do any of you remember the name of our Rakshasha friend or his number?
They seem to have escaped me"
2010-10-14 22:51:14.280 Ironbrow: "Oadin Nakas, Third of Two Hundred."
2010-10-14 22:51:26.130 Morthos: "Right, thanks"
2010-10-14 22:53:23.737 Morthos: "Well in any case, I found a talk of a theory that another Rakshasha named
Bel Shalor, 7 of 200, was once imprisoned under the city but has found an
escape into the silver flame and can speak through it"
2010-10-14 22:53:54.414 Ironbrow: "Into the flame? Is it not the very foundation of their religion?"
2010-10-14 22:54:15.665 Morthos: "yes, that is my understanding"
2010-10-14 22:55:48.199 Morthos: "so this Bel Shalor could have a huge degree of influence over the church"
2010-10-14 22:56:27.777 DM: And on that note, I believe we’ll call it for tonight.
2010-10-14 22:56:51.503 Ironbrow: Damn rakshasas getting their messed up backwards hands into everyone’s pie!
2010-10-14 22:57:26.530 DM: Stupid dragons and couatl! Why couldn’t they have made a binding that
would last more than 100,000 years! I can do that with my eyes closed!
2010-10-14 22:57:41.181 Morthos: seriously, bunch of fucking lazy douches
2010-10-14 22:58:18.858 Jerric: And what are they doing now? Sitting in some dinky cavern on some god
forsaken continent
2010-10-14 22:58:56.387 Ironbrow: Reading porn. Seriously, that’s not a Prophecy they’re deciphering.
2010-10-14 22:58:58.512 DM: It’s true, the ancient godlike good beings just sit there and laugh while
they watch you fight the ancient godlike evil beings.
2010-10-14 22:59:50.215 DM: However, there is a good thing here.
2010-10-14 23:00:00.691 DM: The party has reached level 12 from plot XP.
2010-10-14 23:00:10.666 Ironbrow: woot
2010-10-14 23:00:12.016 Morthos: word
2010-10-14 23:00:34.368 Morthos: night everyone
2010-10-14 23:00:41.493 DM: Later
2010-10-14 23:00:41.893 Morthos has left the session
2010-10-14 23:00:49.672 Disconnected.

View
The Search for Narl, Part 8

2010-09-30 21:51:36.937 Ironbrow rolls Critical 2W (20 + 2d12 + 7): 20 + (3 + 11) + 7 = 41
2010-09-30 21:51:39.263 DM: Reaction: Mid movement (as reactions can interrupt movement square by
square :p)
2010-09-30 21:51:54.663 DM: It assaults Ironbrow with a flurry of attacks as he charges in.
2010-09-30 21:52:25.805 DM: He is struck twice, for 14 (1 resisted) and 15 (1 resisted).
2010-09-30 21:52:36.411 DM: Ironbrow then charges in and stabs it in the heart.
2010-09-30 21:52:44.161 Ironbrow: (Add two to that, plus…)
2010-09-30 21:52:45.411 Ironbrow rolls Charge Damage Bonus (d6): 5 = 5
2010-09-30 21:52:54.137 Ironbrow: (So 48 total.)
2010-09-30 21:53:00.312 Ironbrow: (Is it bloodied?)
2010-09-30 21:53:17.388 DM: Yes. Before the crit.
2010-09-30 21:53:22.838 DM: So another two from gauntlets?
2010-09-30 21:53:22.839 Ironbrow: (Okay, so 48 for sure.)
2010-09-30 21:53:27.989 Ironbrow: (That was with it, was confirming.)
2010-09-30 21:53:31.639 DM: Ok then.
2010-09-30 21:53:40.014 Ironbrow rallies itself (Warforged resilience, then done)
2010-09-30 21:53:48.441 DM: It is just barely still standing. Apparently it doesn’t require its heart
to live.
2010-09-30 21:53:56.091 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 21:54:17.718 DM: An exellent round for the guns, as seven of them connect.
2010-09-30 21:54:24.343 DM: Everything but one machine gun and one cannon.
2010-09-30 21:55:37.419 DM: Movement?
2010-09-30 21:56:08.921 Ironbrow: (Double forward again. Next round I’ll see about the big cannon, gotta
time it right so the thing doesn’t just swerve.)
2010-09-30 21:56:50.052 DM: Remember a squad has to man the main gun, so you’ll probably want to order
them to move before you actually wanted to fire it.
2010-09-30 21:57:02.678 Ironbrow: (Right.)
2010-09-30 21:57:29.656 DM: Lanley fires in an attempt to finish off the creature.
2010-09-30 21:57:50.238 DM: And he succeeds, as it falls down with an arrow sticking out of the gaping
hole in its chest left by Ironbrow’s sword.
2010-09-30 21:58:13.401 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 21:59:40.372 Jerric thinks for a moment before resolving his thought
2010-09-30 22:01:13.282 Jerric yells out “To all firing on the dragon, hold your fire until he charges! We will greatly improve our accuracy!”
2010-09-30 22:01:44.784 Jerric draws his bow in and aims at the dragon, waiting for him to come closer
2010-09-30 22:01:48.434 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 22:02:30.424 DM: The dragon flies up next to the ship. (Ready triggered, unless you wanted
to wait till after he attacks?)
2010-09-30 22:02:50.175 Jerric: (( Nope, I’ll fire ))
2010-09-30 22:02:53.400 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 16 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 32
2010-09-30 22:02:54.150 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 19 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 35
2010-09-30 22:03:00.951 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 1 + 3 = 4
2010-09-30 22:03:00.952 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 3 + 3 = 6
2010-09-30 22:03:01.926 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 5 + 2 = 7
2010-09-30 22:03:09.126 DM: Jerric’s arrows stab into the bits of flesh left between the creature’s
wings.
2010-09-30 22:03:39.103 Jerric: (( Readied so I’m done ))
2010-09-30 22:03:55.226 DM: The dragon then claws at the ship.
2010-09-30 22:04:28.953 DM: The ship shudders as it rakes wood off the ship, dealing 51 points of
damage.
2010-09-30 22:05:01.264 DM: Dorvak bleeds.
2010-09-30 22:05:10.340 DM: He takes a minute to patch up some of his wounds.
2010-09-30 22:05:22.453 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 22:06:11.148 Morthos casts fireburst using wand of accuracy
2010-09-30 22:06:16.549 Morthos rolls Spell (w/wand of accuracy) (d20 + 13 + 3): 14 + 13 + 3 = 30
2010-09-30 22:06:32.000 DM: Morthos’ fireburst explodes dead center in the thing’s rib cage.
2010-09-30 22:06:43.950 Morthos rolls Fire Burst (3d6 + 9): (3 + 5 + 2) + 9 = 19
2010-09-30 22:07:00.309 DM: Due to its enormous size, it appears to be vulnerable to such area
effects, as it lights on fire in multiple places.
2010-09-30 22:07:06.685 DM: (Vulnerable 15 area.)
2010-09-30 22:07:37.336 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 22:08:25.817 Ironbrow waves its sword overhead. “To the main weapon! That creature has to be brought down before it tears the ship apart!”
2010-09-30 22:08:28.992 Ironbrow runs.
2010-09-30 22:08:47.155 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-09-30 22:09:09.602 DM: Was Ironbrow yelling at anyone in particular, or just generally?
2010-09-30 22:09:19.202 Ironbrow: (Generally, I suppose.)
2010-09-30 22:09:47.181 Gran: “You heard him, men! Let’s get that gun ready!”
2010-09-30 22:10:16.477 DM: Gran’s squad follows Ironbrow towards the main gun.
2010-09-30 22:10:42.774 DM: As they are busy running to the main gun, there is no secondary gunfire
this round.
2010-09-30 22:10:44.274 DM: Movement?
2010-09-30 22:11:00.337 Ironbrow: (From the ship?)
2010-09-30 22:11:17.573 DM: Yeah.
2010-09-30 22:11:37.999 Ironbrow: (Is there any sort of terrain we can fly near or around to get this thing
to keep away for a bit?)
2010-09-30 22:11:43.969 Jerric: (( With 7 you should be able to turn around ))
2010-09-30 22:11:50.870 Ironbrow: (At least five rounds till it charges and that thing is kicking the ship’s
ass.)
2010-09-30 22:12:18.857 DM: You could try to gain or lose altitude, or hide in the clouds, or go for a
nearby river/ocean (Trolanport is by both) and try to skim the water, or
any such thing.
2010-09-30 22:12:19.833 DM: No mountains nearby.
2010-09-30 22:13:05.307 Ironbrow: (Double move forward for now, dropping altitude if possible.)
2010-09-30 22:13:16.508 Jerric: (( I have to ask, can we do a loop? ))
2010-09-30 22:13:28.684 DM: Well, Cyali will give it a try if you ask him to.
2010-09-30 22:13:36.135 Ironbrow: (Oh god)
2010-09-30 22:13:40.485 Jerric: (( haha ))
2010-09-30 22:13:42.560 DM: You’re out on the top deck, and gravity is a harsh mistress, so it’s not
recommended.
2010-09-30 22:13:56.121 Jerric: (( We just need to go fast enough ))
2010-09-30 22:13:58.646 Ironbrow: (The elemental powering this thing will be like "WHAT THE FFUUUUUUUUCK!"
2010-09-30 22:14:10.622 DM: Normal altitude dropping can be done for free, one square per square you
move foward.
2010-09-30 22:14:22.883 DM: Do you want to try a dive, or a temporary power drop, or some other form
of fancy flying altitude loss?
2010-09-30 22:14:42.809 Ironbrow: (I’m feeling saucy, let’s go for a shallow dive.)
2010-09-30 22:14:52.734 DM: Roll a d20.
2010-09-30 22:14:56.084 Ironbrow rolls d20: 12 = 12
2010-09-30 22:15:50.465 DM: Cyali, responding to your orders, takes you on a sharp dive. It’s almost
a little too sharp, as the trees below you come terrifyingly close, but he
pulls it up and successfully lost about a hundred feet of altitude in mere
seconds.
2010-09-30 22:16:05.940 DM: (He didn’t hear you properly when you said ‘shallow’, apparently.)
2010-09-30 22:16:55.610 DM: Lanley holds his fire.
2010-09-30 22:17:03.286 DM: Actually, he heads for a gun, and straps himself in.
2010-09-30 22:17:32.523 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 22:17:35.974 Jerric: (( Ok, so thats the machine gun? ))
2010-09-30 22:17:39.049 DM: Yep.
2010-09-30 22:17:51.596 DM: The machine gun is the machine gun, the cannon is the cannon, and the
turbolaser is the energy blaster.
2010-09-30 22:17:52.322 Jerric: (( does it take an action to get in? ))
2010-09-30 22:17:58.797 DM: Yep. Standard action to strap in.
2010-09-30 22:18:24.444 DM: (If you’re desperate for time, you can fire it standing, but there’s a
penalty to attack rolls.)
2010-09-30 22:18:35.420 DM: (BTW, ammo on all of them is actually 7. I just wasn’t updating while it
was only NPCs.)
2010-09-30 22:19:24.553 Jerric starts moving over to the nearest gun while keeping his bow taught, waiting for the dragon to come close again
2010-09-30 22:19:37.989 Jerric: (( taut? taut ))
2010-09-30 22:19:50.801 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 22:20:10.928 DM: The dragon folds its wings and performs a hawk dive at the airship.
2010-09-30 22:20:19.708 DM: But it is not able to clear all of the distance yet.
2010-09-30 22:20:52.395 DM: (That’s as close as it gets; 10 feet above, 50 feet behind.)
2010-09-30 22:21:17.185 DM: (Actually these squares aren’t five feet, but that’s not the point. It’s
close enough.)
2010-09-30 22:21:49.591 DM: Dorvak goes for a cannon.
2010-09-30 22:21:56.316 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 22:25:52.886 DM: Morthos appears to have died. We’ll come back to him.
2010-09-30 22:25:54.636 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 22:26:01.887 Ironbrow: (Moving again)
2010-09-30 22:26:16.481 Ironbrow: (Helping get the gun ready.)
2010-09-30 22:26:32.358 DM: It can begin charging now.
2010-09-30 22:26:39.856 Ironbrow: (Alright, will keep a countdown
2010-09-30 22:27:18.259 DM: Airship movement?
2010-09-30 22:28:14.580 Ironbrow: (Coasting at the same altitude, double move forward. Going to try to make
this thing do a jarring 180 when the gun is going to fire, just need to
kite this thing a bit longer.)
2010-09-30 22:29:09.481 DM: Lanley prepares to fire his gun when the dragon comes closer.
2010-09-30 22:29:15.757 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 22:29:26.258 Morthos has left the session
2010-09-30 22:29:49.284 Jerric walks over to the machine gun and straps himself in
2010-09-30 22:30:04.615 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 22:30:44.736 DM: The dragon swerves down in a graceful swoop, but does not catch up.
2010-09-30 22:30:50.189 DM: Lanley opens fire.
2010-09-30 22:31:18.365 DM: He hits with 2/3 of the barrage.
2010-09-30 22:31:51.592 DM: Dorvak fires his cannon.
2010-09-30 22:32:04.117 DM: It grazes the dragon.
2010-09-30 22:32:23.143 DM: It is now bloodied.
2010-09-30 22:32:58.749 DM: Morthos (having lag-teleported into a gun last round) fires as well.
2010-09-30 22:33:21.230 DM: He hits with one of his shots.
2010-09-30 22:33:34.305 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 22:33:58.272 Ironbrow moves for a gun now that the main cannon is charging.
2010-09-30 22:34:10.344 Ironbrow: (Double moving)
2010-09-30 22:34:28.856 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 22:34:48.101 Ironbrow: (Continuing forward. Four rounds left.)
2010-09-30 22:35:02.651 DM: A thin fog of visible energy forms around the main gun.
2010-09-30 22:35:32.865 DM: Lanley fires. (Jerric can fire while I’m rolling.)
2010-09-30 22:35:40.841 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 20 + 6 + 5 = 31
2010-09-30 22:35:41.116 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 10 + 6 + 5 = 21
2010-09-30 22:35:41.416 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 11 + 6 + 5 = 22
2010-09-30 22:36:00.179 DM: Jerric’s first attack is a solid first use of the ship’s weaponry.
2010-09-30 22:36:09.004 DM: All three hit.
2010-09-30 22:36:11.579 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 5 + 5 = 10
2010-09-30 22:36:12.254 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 6 + 5 = 11
2010-09-30 22:36:20.530 Jerric: (( How does it crit? ))
2010-09-30 22:36:26.080 DM: +3d6
2010-09-30 22:36:36.156 Jerric rolls 8 + 5 + 3d6: 8 + 5 + 4 + 5 + 3 = 25
2010-09-30 22:37:14.266 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:37:14.716 DM: The dragon surges foward and claws the ship once more.
2010-09-30 22:37:14.717 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:37:14.991 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:37:17.816 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 5 + 7 = 12
2010-09-30 22:37:51.643 DM: (Added on to damage).
2010-09-30 22:38:02.735 DM: The dragon’s claws make a brutal assault this round, raking the ship for
61 points of damage.
2010-09-30 22:38:30.738 DM: Dorvak and Morthos fire their guns.
2010-09-30 22:39:03.015 DM: Both of them are highly accurate and tear into the dragon.
2010-09-30 22:39:04.915 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 22:39:09.141 Ironbrow: (Which gun is this?
2010-09-30 22:39:20.063 DM: That is a cannon.
2010-09-30 22:39:33.661 DM: (The cannon pog kinda sucks, I couldn’t find a good one.)
2010-09-30 22:39:47.597 Ironbrow rolls d20 + 11: (18) + 11 = 29
2010-09-30 22:39:59.545 Ironbrow rolls 4d10 + 5: 7 + 9 + 4 + 5 + 5 = 30
2010-09-30 22:40:14.942 DM: Ironbrow’s shot hammers into it.
2010-09-30 22:40:21.743 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 22:40:47.905 Ironbrow: (Double forward again. Three rounds left.)
2010-09-30 22:41:10.969 DM: Lanley and Jerric fire.
2010-09-30 22:41:19.444 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 17 + 6 + 5 = 28
2010-09-30 22:41:19.844 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 1 + 6 + 5 = 12
2010-09-30 22:41:20.369 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 12 + 6 + 5 = 23
2010-09-30 22:41:27.069 DM: Jerric hits twice.
2010-09-30 22:41:28.520 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 4 + 5 = 9
2010-09-30 22:41:28.920 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 5 + 5 = 10
2010-09-30 22:41:31.020 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 6 + 3 = 9
2010-09-30 22:41:31.877 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:41:32.202 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:42:26.936 DM: The dragon claws the ship once more, carving deep furrows into its
exterior, and dealing 46 points of damage.
2010-09-30 22:42:50.039 DM: Dorvak and Morthos fire.
2010-09-30 22:43:04.220 DM: Dorvak misses, but Morthos connects three times.
2010-09-30 22:43:05.630 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 22:43:13.924 Ironbrow reloads and fires again.
2010-09-30 22:43:20.961 Ironbrow rolls d20 + 11: (20) + 11 = 31
2010-09-30 22:43:26.336 Ironbrow: (Well then.)
2010-09-30 22:43:39.554 Ironbrow: (3d6 damage bonus?)
2010-09-30 22:43:41.779 DM: Indeed.
2010-09-30 22:43:51.259 Ironbrow rolls 45 + 3d6: 45 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 58
2010-09-30 22:44:07.185 DM: Ironbrow’s cannonball hammers into its skull.
2010-09-30 22:44:08.785 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 22:44:39.197 DM: (By the way, the airship is down to 254/500.)
2010-09-30 22:44:52.623 Ironbrow: (One more round of double forward. Two rounds left.)
2010-09-30 22:45:11.797 DM: Lanley and Jerric fire.
2010-09-30 22:45:26.823 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 16 + 6 + 5 = 27
2010-09-30 22:45:27.148 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 18 + 6 + 5 = 29
2010-09-30 22:45:27.473 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 3 + 6 + 5 = 14
2010-09-30 22:45:32.523 DM: Two hits.
2010-09-30 22:45:35.399 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 8 + 5 = 13
2010-09-30 22:45:35.824 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 2 + 5 = 7
2010-09-30 22:45:36.874 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 6 + 3 = 9
2010-09-30 22:45:38.174 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:45:38.524 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:45:44.674 DM: Lanley also got two hits.
2010-09-30 22:46:14.484 DM: The dragon breathes another blast of cold darkness upon the deck.
2010-09-30 22:46:21.409 DM: Saving throws.
2010-09-30 22:46:24.884 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 9 = 9
2010-09-30 22:46:25.209 Ironbrow rolls d20: 9 = 9
2010-09-30 22:47:00.991 DM: Jerric, Ironbrow, Lanley, and Gran each lose a healing surge.
2010-09-30 22:47:25.946 DM: Two of Gran’s men pass out on the deck; a quick shout brings men from
Alril’s squad up to take them away for treatment.
2010-09-30 22:48:01.360 DM: The airship also sustains 38 points of damage, and is now bloodied.
2010-09-30 22:48:14.505 Jerric: (( An interesting thought ))
2010-09-30 22:48:41.494 DM: Due to severe damage taken by the ship, the engines have begun hiccuping.
2010-09-30 22:48:59.285 DM: Speed is cut in half until it is repaired. (Sonn is already working on
it.)
2010-09-30 22:49:26.687 DM: Dorvak and Morthos fire their guns.
2010-09-30 22:49:32.037 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 22:49:49.938 Ironbrow reloads and fires!
2010-09-30 22:49:53.828 Ironbrow rolls d20 + 1: (13) + 1 = 14
2010-09-30 22:49:58.304 Ironbrow: Er, add ten to that.
2010-09-30 22:50:04.704 DM: Yeah, that’s not the right modifier.
2010-09-30 22:50:06.604 DM: Ironbrow hits.
2010-09-30 22:50:11.254 Ironbrow rolls 4d10 + 5: 3 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 5 = 19
2010-09-30 22:50:21.255 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 22:50:43.867 Ironbrow: (Forward one last time, one round left. Next round we pull the 180 and
fire.)
2010-09-30 22:50:55.185 DM: Remember your speed was cut in half.
2010-09-30 22:51:10.923 Ironbrow: (Hm, should we start the turn now instead? Thoughts?)
2010-09-30 22:51:53.136 Jerric: (( Hmm, we need…4 squares to "turn around, but we won’t be facing it ))
2010-09-30 22:52:14.162 Jerric: (( Directly. We’d need to make another turn (less than full 90) ))
2010-09-30 22:52:47.569 Jerric: (( If we start the turn, would it follow right on us? ))
2010-09-30 22:53:08.477 Jerric: (( Actually, wait ))
2010-09-30 22:53:14.104 Jerric: (( The airship is way smaller, its fine ))
2010-09-30 22:53:16.329 DM: So far, the only strategy you’ve seen it follow is ‘move to melee, hit it’.
2010-09-30 22:53:24.824 Jerric: (( Right? Or…hmm
2010-09-30 22:53:48.501 Jerric: (( Going to act out the movement, let me know if this is right ))
2010-09-30 22:53:53.901 Jerric: (( It’s single squares? ))
2010-09-30 22:54:08.609 DM: Define single squares.
2010-09-30 22:54:16.834 Jerric: (( Square on the board ))
2010-09-30 22:54:24.135 DM: Yeah, one square is one square.
2010-09-30 22:54:36.311 Jerric: (( Also I forgot we can double move, which means 6 squares per turn? ))
2010-09-30 22:54:43.886 DM: 8.
2010-09-30 22:54:48.786 Jerric: (( That’s actually enough ))
2010-09-30 22:55:02.134 DM: Speed is 8 normally (6 + 2 for engines being crewed), divided by 2 is a
speed of 4, double move will move you 8 squares.
2010-09-30 22:55:29.761 Jerric: (( We can do a 180 in 4 squares and be off to the right/left, then pull
around to fire ))
2010-09-30 22:55:56.587 Jerric: (( Right? We can do a 180 in 4 squares of movement? ))
2010-09-30 22:56:06.538 DM: Yep.
2010-09-30 22:56:15.488 Jerric: (( 1 forward, 1 turn, 1 forward, 1 turn. Ok, We should be good ))
2010-09-30 22:56:25.339 Ironbrow: (( Okay then. ))
2010-09-30 22:56:49.638 DM: So double move for this round, and back to barraging it with guns.
Countdown decremented.
2010-09-30 22:57:18.329 DM: For speed, just both roll, I’ve got a lot of d20’s to go through.
2010-09-30 22:57:28.329 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 18 + 6 + 5 = 29
2010-09-30 22:57:28.704 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 6 + 6 + 5 = 17
2010-09-30 22:57:28.705 Jerric rolls Attack, Machine Gun (d20 + 6 + 5): 14 + 6 + 5 = 25
2010-09-30 22:57:35.281 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 6 + 5 = 11
2010-09-30 22:57:35.282 Ironbrow rolls d20 + 11: (11) + 11 = 22
2010-09-30 22:57:35.284 Jerric rolls Damage, Machine Gun (d8 + 5): 7 + 5 = 12
2010-09-30 22:57:41.031 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 5 + 5 = 10
2010-09-30 22:57:42.156 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:57:42.856 DM: Two hits from Jerric. Ironbrow hits.
2010-09-30 22:57:42.857 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-30 22:57:46.856 Ironbrow rolls 4d10 + 5: 2 + 6 + 9 + 4 + 5 = 26
2010-09-30 22:57:59.832 DM: Dorvak hits, Lanley hits once, Morthos hits twice.
2010-09-30 22:58:21.478 DM: The dragon claws at the ship again.
2010-09-30 22:58:25.813 DM: And misses.
2010-09-30 22:58:32.463 DM: It’s hard to miss an airship. But it pulls it off.
2010-09-30 22:58:40.478 DM: Airship turn.
2010-09-30 22:59:04.414 Ironbrow raises its arm and bellows, “Turn the ship, NOW!”
2010-09-30 22:59:51.716 DM: (The ship is not actually upside down. Just the pog.)
2010-09-30 22:59:56.934 Ironbrow: (Of course.)
2010-09-30 23:00:01.333 Ironbrow: "FIRE!"
2010-09-30 23:00:19.441 DM: As you commanded it to fire, you get to make the attack roll.
2010-09-30 23:00:26.442 Ironbrow rolls d20 + 20: (14) + 20 = 34
2010-09-30 23:00:44.926 DM: Naturally, that hits, as an enormous blast of energy surges out from the
gun.
2010-09-30 23:00:47.476 DM: 8d10 5 damage.
2010-09-30 23:00:56.080 Ironbrow rolls 8d10: 3 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 8 + 7 + 1 + 10 = 38
2010-09-30 23:01:05.106 DM: And then again.
2010-09-30 23:01:19.232 DM: (8d10 5 effect, 8d10 5 hit).
2010-09-30 23:01:19.233 Jerric: (( It’s not 5? It’s 5 rolls? ))
2010-09-30 23:01:23.982 Jerric: (( ah ))
2010-09-30 23:01:26.682 Ironbrow: (Ohhh)
2010-09-30 23:01:32.957 Ironbrow rolls 8d10: 10 + 3 + 7 + 1 + 4 + 9 + 5 + 5 = 44
2010-09-30 23:01:46.520 DM: For a total of 410 points of radiant damage.
2010-09-30 23:02:13.564 DM: The blast chars the creature apart, and it falls out of the sky as your
ship limps away victoriously.
2010-09-30 23:02:50.839 Ironbrow: (Nakas is gonna get a facefull of this.)
2010-09-30 23:02:56.764 Jerric cheers
2010-09-30 23:03:11.941 Jerric: (( That was awesome, perfect scene ))
2010-09-30 23:03:43.957 DM: Excellent. I hadn’t gotten to playtest this (probably obviously), so I’m
glad it worked out as fun.
2010-09-30 23:03:54.848 Ironbrow: (Badass. :D )
2010-09-30 23:04:38.973 Jerric: (( Yes, very fun. But as its 11 I’m off. See you next week! ))
2010-09-30 23:04:45.448 Ironbrow: (Have a good one.)
2010-09-30 23:04:48.174 DM: Indeed. Later.
2010-09-30 23:04:49.650 Unearthly has left the session
2010-09-30 23:04:58.024 Ironbrow: Fun stuff. Wonder if Morthos is okay.
2010-09-30 23:05:06.950 DM: Yeah, he’s fine.
2010-09-30 23:05:30.878 DM: I haven’t gotten anything from him, so I assume there was just some minor
emergency, but the odds of him not being fine are pretty astronomical.
2010-09-30 23:05:43.154 Ironbrow: Fair enough. :D I’ma head off too, thanks for running.
2010-09-30 23:05:52.579 Your connection to the host was lost.
2010-09-30 23:05:52.581 Disconnected.

View
The Search for Narl, Part 7
PLAY 2010-09-30 19:13:56.295

2010-09-30 19:13:56.545
2010-09-30 19:13:56.545 Welcome to Gametable 2.0.RC2.
2010-09-30 19:14:30.283 Joined game
2010-09-30 19:14:31.377 DM has joined the session
2010-09-30 19:15:24.776 DM loads a new map.
2010-09-30 19:47:41.776 DM: Interesting fact: 4096×4096 pogs lag gametable really badly.
2010-09-30 19:47:51.227 Ironbrow: o_o;
2010-09-30 19:48:31.205 DM: That’s pixels, not spaces; it’s only about 30-40 squares on a side.
2010-09-30 19:48:52.282 Ironbrow: Oh, okay. I was going to say, you laid out an entire city to scale? That’s
dedication. :D
2010-09-30 19:49:18.634 DM: Actually now that I’ve learned how to make truly enormous pogs, if I could
do that without crashing GT, I might consider it.
2010-09-30 19:49:37.985 DM: Take google earth images of NYC and pog them up so you’ve got the entire
city to walk around in.
2010-09-30 19:59:40.782 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-09-30 20:01:41.541 Morthos has joined the session
2010-09-30 20:02:11.428 DM: We have no Voraath tonight, but everyone else is here. Are we good to go?\
2010-09-30 20:02:16.678 Ironbrow: Set.
2010-09-30 20:02:21.953 DM: Extraneous backslashes are the best kind of backslashes.
2010-09-30 20:02:23.954 Morthos: yup
2010-09-30 20:02:35.879 Ironbrow: May we get a brief recap?
2010-09-30 20:02:48.226 DM: I always recap :p
2010-09-30 20:03:00.853 Jerric: Ready
2010-09-30 20:03:06.177 Ironbrow: In case you guys played last time, I mean. Since I wasn’t able to make it.
2010-09-30 20:03:24.303 Jerric: When did we play last? :P
2010-09-30 20:03:25.303 DM: Oh, no, forgot to tell you; I was pretty much useless and called it anyway.
2010-09-30 20:03:32.554 Ironbrow: Aha. Carry on then!
2010-09-30 20:06:00.124 DM: When last we left our heroes, they had just completed cleansing a third
fountain in the city of Trolanport, where they had arrived in search of
Narl, only to find it had become a very strange place. Spriggan roamed
the streets carrying sacks of body parts which for some reason they liked
to toss into the fountains, but turned into gnomes when a fountain nearby
was cleansed. It was theorized that the spriggan are, in fact, the
population of Trolanport who were twisted by magic somehow, and it was
suggested that they not be killed. Each fountain cleansed has sent up a
great beacon of silver light shining into the sky, and this third one was
no execption. However, a new thing happened with the cleansing of this
one; the green mist coalesced and formed what appears to be some sort of a
shimmering magical doorway or window (some sort of portal, anyway)
floating in the air near it.
2010-09-30 20:06:57.227 Jerric: (( If I recall, this was our third? or so fight of the day and we are
pretty much out of resources ))
2010-09-30 20:07:10.728 Ironbrow: (Yeah, we’re in pretty bad shape as I recall.)
2010-09-30 20:07:11.955 DM: The pogs are accurate.
2010-09-30 20:07:25.979 DM: For example, Dorvak is at about 2/3 hp and 0 surges.
2010-09-30 20:09:41.664 Jerric: "This is intriguing, but I’m pretty damn worn out and I think I’m not
alone. Is there anything we can figure out about this without interacting
with it?"
2010-09-30 20:10:14.691 Ironbrow: "Morthos and I might be able to make out the nature of this portal, though
it may be wise to signal the vessel."
2010-09-30 20:10:15.591 DM: The portal is covered with a film of silver mist that is slowly receding.
2010-09-30 20:10:39.267 DM: You would guess that in about two minutes or thereabouts, if it works the
same way as normal fog does, you would be able to see through it.
2010-09-30 20:10:50.568 DM: Or at least, see whatever’s behind the mist.
2010-09-30 20:11:22.047 Jerric: "Why don’t we do that then, Lanley?"
2010-09-30 20:11:42.675 DM: Lanley nods. "Pick up here, or where we got off?"
2010-09-30 20:12:15.336 DM: (Recall that you had the ship patrolling the area, so it isn’t just
waiting at the drop point.)
2010-09-30 20:12:23.887 Ironbrow adjusts a few broken plates and joints while the mist clears a bit.
2010-09-30 20:12:58.709 Jerric: "Might as well have them come here."
2010-09-30 20:13:13.185 DM: Lanley nods again and pulls out his arrow.
2010-09-30 20:13:29.836 Lanley: “They’re on the way. Estimated time is about five minutes.”
2010-09-30 20:14:05.341 DM: As the mist clears off the portal, you can begin to see what (you assume)
is on the other side.
2010-09-30 20:15:18.070 DM: It appears to be a richly appointed, well-furnished room. A beaded
ottoman sits in front of a chair of some sort; there appears to be a
humanoid in the chair, but the mist is still blocking your view of the
humanoid and the chair. Multiple high-quality rugs that appear to be in
the Valenar traditions of craftsmanship adorn the floor.
2010-09-30 20:16:08.576 Jerric: (( Does it look like a certain office? ))
2010-09-30 20:16:20.351 DM: It doesn’t look like any place you’ve ever seen before.
2010-09-30 20:16:41.729 DM: Well, that’s not entirely true. It looks vaguely like any generic very
rich guy’s house, but not like any specific place you know.
2010-09-30 20:17:28.957 Ironbrow looks to the others and shrugs. “Should we make our presence known? I expect it knows we are here regardless…
2010-09-30 20:18:42.521 ”user">DM: As the mist continues to clear, you can see that the humanoid is very
tall, almost seven feet. He is also feline. In fact, you clearly
recognize him as a rakshasa. He appears to be unarmed.
2010-09-30 20:19:26.737 DM: Looking out through the portal, he smiles at you.
2010-09-30 20:20:00.275 Rakshasa: “Ahh, so you are the ones who have been playing with my fountains, and I presume, the ones that my friends have spoken of earlier. How good to meet you at last.”
2010-09-30 20:20:43.597 Rakshasa: “I apologize for the circumstances of our meeting; of course, you are aware that the situation demands I not meet you personally. Politeness is strained across such a distance, but nonetheless, it is possible to at least hold a civil conversation.”
2010-09-30 20:21:25.024 Rakshasa: “Allow me to introduce myself; I am Oadin Nakas, Third of Two Hundred. I have a gift for you, that I hope you enjoy.”
2010-09-30 20:21:41.650 Ironbrow reflexively raises its sword defensively.
2010-09-30 20:21:43.875 DM: He reaches down to the ground and picks up a bottle of wine, then begins
pouring some into a glass.
2010-09-30 20:22:00.226 DM: He then corks the bottle, drinks the wine from his class, and tosses the
bottle through the portal.
2010-09-30 20:22:05.826 DM: (glass)
2010-09-30 20:23:41.907 Ironbrow: "I apologize, but I do not require ingestion of comestibles."
2010-09-30 20:24:56.836 Nakas: “Of course. It is likely to be a poor time to drink it anyway, all things considered. But should you survive, you may wish to hold onto it. It is the last bottle ever produced by the Karlish family of vintners, and will only appreciate in value.”
2010-09-30 20:25:27.188 Ironbrow: "You speak as though you intend to allow us to survive our inevitable
encounter."
2010-09-30 20:25:47.686 Ironbrow: "Else it is pointless to give such a gift."
2010-09-30 20:26:06.237 Nakas: “And why wouldn’t I? You are quite valuable to me. Once you inevitably give into to temptation and accept the futility of fighting me, you will make excellent lieutenants.”
2010-09-30 20:26:16.489 Morthos has left the session
2010-09-30 20:26:51.217 Jerric laughs
2010-09-30 20:27:15.893 Jerric: "Is that why you are meeting with us? To court us?"
2010-09-30 20:28:10.037 Nakas: “That began quite some time ago. I’m sure that you all have noticed you have evinced certain…..powers….outside the ordinary. I have granted you these as a taste of what could happen if you joined me.”
2010-09-30 20:29:16.635 Nakas: “No, I wanted to satisfy my curiosity. For one, I wasn’t entirely certain who it was that was thwarting my plans here, and if it had been someone else, I would have had to kill them, of course.”
2010-09-30 20:29:22.185 Morthos has joined the session
2010-09-30 20:30:52.044 Ironbrow rolls a shoulder. “It is in your nature to do as you do. As it is in our nature to resist the force you exert upon this world. I will not act as your lieutenant.”
2010-09-30 20:31:12.070 DM: He smiles.
2010-09-30 20:31:34.637 Nakas: “Perhaps you will not know it, but everything you do, you will do for me. What do you think the Orb you carry is, after all?”
2010-09-30 20:31:55.838 Ironbrow: "Precisely why I do not intend to let you possess it."
2010-09-30 20:32:13.639 DM: He continues to smile.
2010-09-30 20:32:32.494 Nakas: “Truly, Deception was the greatest of us all. He even managed to fool the couatl and the dragons.”
2010-09-30 20:33:25.042 Nakas: “This has been a lovely chat. If you survive the coming assault, let us do it again sometime. I will give you a recommendation; get onto your airship before my reinforcements arrive.”
2010-09-30 20:33:46.568 DM: The portal closes.
2010-09-30 20:34:14.979 Jerric: "Well that was unpleasant. Is the airship here yet?"
2010-09-30 20:34:27.080 Jerric scans the skies for its outline
2010-09-30 20:34:51.606 DM: The airship is not yet visible, though according to the projected time it
should be less than another minute.
2010-09-30 20:35:12.626 DM: Moments later, you see a pair of enormous shadows.
2010-09-30 20:36:33.308 Ironbrow: (Alas, I am faced with fearsome question marks. What are the shadows
caused by?)
2010-09-30 20:36:37.959 DM: (They’re not actually that close. This is laziness with huge pogs.)
2010-09-30 20:37:20.116 DM: (I think I’m fighting with upload bandwidth. The smaller pog is the
airship, the larger one is what appeasr to be an extremely malformed,
multi-part-constructed skeletal dragon.)
2010-09-30 20:37:37.291 DM: Rather than the skeleton of a single dragon, it appears to be haphazardly
thrown together from parts of multiple creatures, only some of whom were
dragons.
2010-09-30 20:37:48.192 Jerric: (( Oh dear god ))
2010-09-30 20:37:49.217 DM: (And I mean only some of whom were draconic, not necessarily true dragons.)
2010-09-30 20:37:56.568 Jerric: (( Oh ok ))
2010-09-30 20:38:15.547 Jerric: (( But its still a giant piecework dragon ))
2010-09-30 20:38:19.347 DM: The airship rushes up to be above you and hurls down lines.
2010-09-30 20:38:25.522 Jerric: "Quick!"
2010-09-30 20:38:32.049 Ironbrow leaps to grab a line.
2010-09-30 20:38:35.599 Jerric runs and jumps onto one of the lines
2010-09-30 20:38:58.366 DM: Lanley sprints for a line after his initial shock. Dorvak calmly stands
there and grabs one as it passes him by.
2010-09-30 20:39:01.616 Morthos follows
2010-09-30 20:39:13.867 DM: (Moving pogs over to the airship decks.)
2010-09-30 20:40:00.654 DM Recenters everyone’s view!
2010-09-30 20:40:17.870 Jerric: (( time to review the airship rules ))
2010-09-30 20:40:41.361 DM: Indeed. Make sure you understand how the airship, particularly the guns,
work in combat.
2010-09-30 20:41:14.779 Ironbrow: (Got a link handy?)
2010-09-30 20:41:20.704 DM: I also need to know which squad is set to which position.
2010-09-30 20:41:24.604 Jerric: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/mornelithe/wikis/airship
2010-09-30 20:41:27.480 Ironbrow: (Gracias)
2010-09-30 20:41:55.017 Jerric: (( Ok, question. If I use twin strike with a machine gun, do I do 6
attacks of 2d8+Dex? ))
2010-09-30 20:42:06.943 DM: No. Four.
2010-09-30 20:42:22.419 DM: The terrain power is three attacks, but the "Using a power through this"
is make the attack twice.
2010-09-30 20:42:41.120 DM: Also it’s only 1d8, and no +dex.
2010-09-30 20:43:14.042 Jerric: (( Is that because of twin strike? If I use a basic attack, what is it? ))
2010-09-30 20:43:29.094 DM: A basic attack would be two attacks, 1d8 + Dex for each attack.
2010-09-30 20:43:41.348 DM: Basically, whenever you use a power, it’s as if you did Power, AP, Power.
2010-09-30 20:43:46.999 DM: (Minus your action point bonuses).
2010-09-30 20:44:09.475 Jerric: (( So can we instead use the listed attack? The 3 attacks. ))
2010-09-30 20:44:13.500 DM: Yes.
2010-09-30 20:44:33.751 DM: The listed attack is designed to be better than basic attack, and probably
at-wills, while encounter and dailies will likely benefit from being used.
2010-09-30 20:44:45.077 Jerric: (( I see ))
2010-09-30 20:45:55.765 DM: (I forgot to get a pog for the main gun, so it’s the giant turbolaser.)
2010-09-30 20:46:20.991 Jerric: (( What is the bonus for squads who man the guns? ))
2010-09-30 20:46:47.488 DM: Depends on the squad whether they get a bonus or not. For having the guns
manned, period, the benefit is that the squad gets to fire them.
2010-09-30 20:47:07.914 DM: There are nine guns and only five PCs, so without a squad, you can only
fire five guns at a time.
2010-09-30 20:47:12.889 Jerric: (( Right, but I was wondering the difference between me and a squad using
the same gun
2010-09-30 20:47:38.363 DM: Depends on the squad. You get to guess based on their prowess.
2010-09-30 20:47:54.514 DM: They’re NPCs of various levels with various powers.
2010-09-30 20:48:03.914 Jerric: (( Ok, we have 4 squads? At least we have 4 leaders ))
2010-09-30 20:48:11.015 DM: Yep.
2010-09-30 20:48:15.209 Jerric: (( We definitely want Alril on healing duty ))
2010-09-30 20:48:41.885 Jerric: (( It takes a single squad to man a single gun? ))
2010-09-30 20:49:01.537 DM: No. One squad can man all nine guns.
2010-09-30 20:49:28.828 DM: Average squad size is 15 people. I’ll let you know in the descriptions if
any vary significantly from that.
2010-09-30 20:50:21.556 Jerric: (( Ok, I say we have Alril on healing, Gran’s squad on the guns, Cyali’s
on the helm, Sonn’s on the engines. ))
2010-09-30 20:50:29.632 Jerric: (( Most roles seem straight forward ))
2010-09-30 20:50:45.794 Jerric: (( Then PCs stand around? ))
2010-09-30 20:50:51.319 Jerric: (( Anything else for us to do? ))
2010-09-30 20:50:54.444 DM: I generally feel it’s a good idea to not bludgeon you with hidden
mechanics until you understand the basics :p
2010-09-30 20:51:17.735 DM: You could take guns personall, and let Gran’s squad take the leftovers.
Or you could stand by to repel boarders if it lands on the ship.
2010-09-30 20:51:17.736 Jerric: (( Can’t argue there ))
2010-09-30 20:51:30.811 DM: I think you’ll find things to do, I wouldn’t worry about that.
2010-09-30 20:51:55.388 Ironbrow: (I say let them handle the guns, we should protect the deck and be mobile
as needed in case someone gets killed on the guns.)
2010-09-30 20:52:03.163 Jerric: (( I say we leave the guns to Gran and stay free. Yeah agreed ))
2010-09-30 20:52:28.055 Jerric: (( Ok, anything else to go over? Also Ironbrow you get to call these
orders :) ))
2010-09-30 20:52:52.982 Jerric: (( Did we finish the upgrade in time, or still in progress? ))
2010-09-30 20:52:59.426 DM: Yeah, that’s what I was going to ask. I need one PC to handle rolling for
initiative for the airship, and taking actions for the airship (movement,
mostly).
2010-09-30 20:53:13.127 DM: The HP upgrade is still being worked on. The others are complete.
2010-09-30 20:53:57.412 Ironbrow: (I can do ship initiative.)
2010-09-30 20:54:44.580 DM: In that case, unless there are any questions, I believe we are good to
begin your first aerial combat.
2010-09-30 20:55:08.507 Jerric: (( Ready to go. Excited! ))
2010-09-30 20:55:21.939 DM: Initiative!
2010-09-30 20:55:24.615 Ironbrow rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 9 + 8 = 17
2010-09-30 20:55:25.665 Jerric rolls Initiative (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3): 11 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 28
2010-09-30 20:55:31.265 Ironbrow rolls d20: 2 = 2
2010-09-30 20:55:33.465 Ironbrow: (Ship is slow!)
2010-09-30 20:55:46.391 DM: Yes. Yes it is.
2010-09-30 20:56:05.942 Jerric: (( are our upgrades listed on the current stats page? ))
2010-09-30 20:56:20.326 DM: Yes. The HP one is actually listed as well, despite not being done, so
just ignore that.
2010-09-30 20:58:00.346 DM: Lanley stands around with his bow drawn, waiting for something to happen.
2010-09-30 20:58:28.106 DM: (Due to wind and range, normal ranged attacks on the skeletal patchwork
dragon would suffer a massive penalty. Lanley has chosen to delay
instead.)
2010-09-30 20:58:28.931 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 20:59:16.115 Jerric: (( Is the wind enough that it’s useless to shoot at? It seems to be within
my range without penalty ))
2010-09-30 20:59:38.138 DM: That’s pogging laziness. It’s behind the airship by about 100 feet at the
moment.
2010-09-30 21:00:03.119 DM: The main gun end is the front. The stairs end is the back.
2010-09-30 21:00:16.241 DM: The airship pog and the dragon pog are now appropriately seperated.
2010-09-30 21:01:03.246 Jerric: (( Still didn’t answer my question on the wind, but I guess I’ll follow
Lanley’s lead ))
2010-09-30 21:01:18.752 Jerric draws his bow and waits the same
2010-09-30 21:01:26.377 DM: Sorry, I was busy answering range >.>
2010-09-30 21:01:53.843 DM: It’s not useless to shoot at. -6 penalty for wind. Lanley having a
shortbow means he’s at long range as well.
2010-09-30 21:03:19.002 DM: The dragon flaps closer to the ship. As it does, two large bundles of
flesh detach from its wings and fly fowards, landing heavily on the deck
of the ship and unrolling into vaguely humanoid creatures.
2010-09-30 21:03:45.131 DM: Lanley fires at them.
2010-09-30 21:04:21.476 Jerric follows Lanley’s lead
2010-09-30 21:04:24.872 DM: He strikes the left one (number 1) twice.
2010-09-30 21:04:29.998 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 9 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 25
2010-09-30 21:04:30.848 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 5 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 21
2010-09-30 21:04:34.523 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 7 + 3 = 10
2010-09-30 21:04:35.498 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 9 + 3 = 12
2010-09-30 21:04:36.779 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 8 + 4 = 12
2010-09-30 21:04:50.491 DM: Jerric’s first shot connects, though his second one fails to pierce its
blubber.
2010-09-30 21:05:01.992 Jerric: (( Do I get to take a full turn? ))
2010-09-30 21:05:07.742 DM: You delayed, so yep.
2010-09-30 21:05:16.067 DM: Ready is one action, delay is full turn.
2010-09-30 21:05:20.628 Jerric advances closer to the new enemies
2010-09-30 21:05:24.203 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 21:06:31.050 Morthos rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 11 + 8 = 19
2010-09-30 21:07:49.324 DM: The fleshy demons charge.
2010-09-30 21:08:22.096 DM: With his accustomed accidental agility, Morthos nimbly dodges out of the
way.
2010-09-30 21:08:40.572 Jerric: (( Morthos makes everyone else look bad ))
2010-09-30 21:08:52.798 DM: Ironbrow is hammered into by its clawed arm, taking 15 points of damage (1
resisted).
2010-09-30 21:10:21.708 DM: Dorvak runs up to a creature, and while he can’t manage to make it there
and attack it, he does manage to summon up an aegis of shielding upon it.
2010-09-30 21:10:32.783 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:11:00.585 Morthos casts bigby’s icy grasp
2010-09-30 21:11:23.759 Morthos rolls Bigby’s Icy Grasp (primary) (2d8 + 10): (5 + 4) + 10 = 19
2010-09-30 21:11:37.035 DM: That’s a damage roll; need an attack roll :p
2010-09-30 21:11:46.436 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 10 + 13 = 23
2010-09-30 21:11:47.061 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 2 + 13 = 15
2010-09-30 21:12:11.005 DM: The creature almost, almost manages to dodge out of the way; but at the
last second the fist slips in and grabs him.
2010-09-30 21:12:41.907 DM: As the fist grabs him, he is covered with crackling ice crystals, and his
skin takes on a blue sheen.
2010-09-30 21:12:51.932 DM: (An Arcana check may provide additional information as to what just
happened).
2010-09-30 21:13:10.320 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 2 + 15 = 17
2010-09-30 21:13:34.472 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 21:14:33.187 Ironbrow whips its sword overhead and then down into a wicked slash to draw attention away from its allies. (Steel Monsoon)
2010-09-30 21:14:35.587 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 19 + 16 = 35
2010-09-30 21:14:38.713 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 2W (2d10 + 7): (8 + 3) + 7 = 18
2010-09-30 21:14:45.163 Ironbrow: (Everyone can shift 1 square.)
2010-09-30 21:14:57.025 DM: (Lanley is so out of range.)
2010-09-30 21:15:13.240 Ironbrow: (Done.)
2010-09-30 21:15:26.890 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 21:15:39.175 DM: Gran’s squad lets loose with a barrage of gunfire upon the dragon.
2010-09-30 21:16:20.352 DM: Two energy blasts, one cannon shot, and one barrage of machine gun fire
tear into it. The rest sputters off into the air, missing.
2010-09-30 21:17:11.038 DM: Ship movement?
2010-09-30 21:17:56.448 DM: (Engines are currently crewed, so speed is 8.)
2010-09-30 21:18:12.824 DM: You can take a full round worth of move actions, so single or double move.
2010-09-30 21:18:19.160 DM: Or you can hold your position.
2010-09-30 21:18:44.342 Ironbrow: (Reading, sec
2010-09-30 21:19:03.268 Ironbrow: (Double move forward.)
2010-09-30 21:19:57.640 DM: Lanley continues to fire at the injured creature.
2010-09-30 21:20:14.641 DM: He hits it once.
2010-09-30 21:20:14.642 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 21:21:41.396 Jerric moves into position to flank the creature as he trades his bow for his blades
2010-09-30 21:21:52.696 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 13 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 28
2010-09-30 21:21:53.871 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 11 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
2010-09-30 21:21:57.887 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 7 + 3 + 2 = 12
2010-09-30 21:22:02.912 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 5 + 2 + 2 = 9
2010-09-30 21:22:07.612 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 5 + 2 = 7
2010-09-30 21:22:08.643 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-30 21:22:11.487 DM: Jerric hacks into the creature with his blades.
2010-09-30 21:22:16.263 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 21:23:07.678 DM: The ship shudders as the skeletal dragon catches up and rakes it with its
claws.
2010-09-30 21:23:41.980 DM: For 38 points of damage.
2010-09-30 21:24:55.341 DM: Dorvak hacks his axe down at the creature, attempting to encase it in a
shell of sound.
2010-09-30 21:25:02.716 DM: But his swing is wide.
2010-09-30 21:25:23.540 DM: The creature grabbed by the icy hand attempts to break free.
2010-09-30 21:25:44.394 DM: And successfully does so.
2010-09-30 21:25:54.094 DM: It then sweeps its tail out in an attempt to trip Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:26:01.370 DM: But he jumps over it.
2010-09-30 21:26:11.695 DM: So it tries to punch him in the face instead.
2010-09-30 21:26:18.546 DM: But is even less successful at that.
2010-09-30 21:26:25.796 Jerric: (( I swear ))
2010-09-30 21:26:32.090 Ironbrow: (Clearly, Morthos is playing Exalted. We’re in D&D.)
2010-09-30 21:26:36.641 Jerric: (( Haha ))
2010-09-30 21:26:39.216 DM: (Haven’t rolled above a 3 on an attack roll on Morthos. Woo wizards.)
2010-09-30 21:26:50.491 DM: The other one attempts to trip Dorvak.
2010-09-30 21:27:08.192 DM: But he is a dwarf, and he laughs at its puny attempt to knock him over.
2010-09-30 21:27:41.807 DM: However, he does get slammed by its flailing arm, for 19 points of damage.
2010-09-30 21:28:03.484 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:30:09.935 Morthos casts Icy Rays at both Targets
2010-09-30 21:30:15.585 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 15 + 13 = 28
2010-09-30 21:30:16.510 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 18 + 13 = 31
2010-09-30 21:30:24.536 Morthos rolls Icy Rays (d10 + 10): 4 + 10 = 14
2010-09-30 21:30:28.836 DM: Morthos’ icy rays strike both of them dead-on.
2010-09-30 21:30:50.633 Morthos: +2 for hitting both
2010-09-30 21:30:52.883 Morthos: done
2010-09-30 21:30:55.283 DM: However, the one with blue skin (1) appears to have been largely unhurt by
it, though he is still frozen to the ground.
2010-09-30 21:31:06.084 DM: The other one’s skin crackles with ice and turns blue as well after being
struck.
2010-09-30 21:31:26.910 DM: 1 is now bloodied.\
2010-09-30 21:31:44.701 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 21:31:59.002 Ironbrow swings to create an opening for Dorvak. (Warlord’s Favor)
2010-09-30 21:32:01.227 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 14 + 16 = 30
2010-09-30 21:32:02.927 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 2W (2d10 + 7): (4 + 8) + 7 = 19
2010-09-30 21:32:13.003 Ironbrow: (Dorvak gets +4 to attacks until the end of my next turn.)
2010-09-30 21:32:30.120 DM: Ironbrow cleaves into the creature, and it is now bloodied.
2010-09-30 21:32:43.771 Ironbrow: (Did we get an action point after the last fight? I don’t have one listed,
I forget.)
2010-09-30 21:33:02.447 DM: You got one after the fight before last. So if you didn’t use one last
fight, you have one.
2010-09-30 21:33:17.311 Ironbrow: (I must have then, I don’t have it on my sheet. Done, then.)
2010-09-30 21:33:24.861 DM: Jerric is the only one who used an AP last fight.
2010-09-30 21:33:33.461 DM: Everyone else has one.
2010-09-30 21:33:44.687 Ironbrow: (I’ll hold onto it for now, in that case.)
2010-09-30 21:33:47.912 DM: (Probably because I forgot to remind you that you gained one.)
2010-09-30 21:34:12.212 Jerric: (( I believe I gained one as well? It’s the only AP I used all day ))
2010-09-30 21:34:24.587 DM: Oh, that’s possible.
2010-09-30 21:34:34.038 DM: I just assumed you had used one previously.
2010-09-30 21:34:43.388 Jerric: (( Nope, never got a chance ))
2010-09-30 21:34:43.938 DM: If you didn’t, then you have one as well.
2010-09-30 21:34:50.239 Jerric: (( Right-o then ))
2010-09-30 21:35:01.940 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 21:35:39.676 DM: Only four hits from the guns this round; one energy blaster, two cannons,
and a machine gun barrage.
2010-09-30 21:35:58.577 DM: Any movement?
2010-09-30 21:36:14.650 Ironbrow: (How well does this thing turn, anyway?)
2010-09-30 21:36:34.283 DM: Since the helm is crewed, you have to move one square foward for every 90
degrees of turning.
2010-09-30 21:37:17.260 DM: (Note that ‘foward’ changes in definition every 90 degree turn.)
2010-09-30 21:37:46.775 Ironbrow: (Double move forward without turns for now. Next round I’m going to
suggest we charge the big death ray and see if we can’t use it to nuke
this SOB behind us.)
2010-09-30 21:38:17.789 Ironbrow: (Course we’ll have to let it charge and such.)
2010-09-30 21:38:33.837 DM: Lanley shifts his fire to the one everyone seems to be killing.
2010-09-30 21:38:40.687 Jerric: (( We need a squad for it too ))
2010-09-30 21:38:45.205 DM: Shooting it in the face, not once, but twice.
2010-09-30 21:39:05.181 DM: It is very unhappy.
2010-09-30 21:39:19.557 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 21:39:33.858 Jerric continues slicing into the creature
2010-09-30 21:39:38.283 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 5 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 20
2010-09-30 21:39:39.508 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 10 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
2010-09-30 21:39:46.585 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 6 + 3 + 2 = 11
2010-09-30 21:39:49.334 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 1 + 2 + 2 = 5
2010-09-30 21:39:50.109 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 2 + 2 = 4
2010-09-30 21:39:55.084 DM: Thanks to the distraction provided by Dorvak, Jerric’s second attack hits.
2010-09-30 21:40:00.493 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-30 21:40:28.127 DM: It’s seriously wounded, but still standing.
2010-09-30 21:40:30.852 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-30 21:40:32.052 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 21:40:44.053 DM: Adding two for Gauntlets of Blood. Still up.
2010-09-30 21:40:55.129 Jerric: (( Right, thanks ))
2010-09-30 21:41:27.974 DM: The dragon flies up close and unleashes a scathing torrent of cold, dark
energy upon the deck. Everyone make a saving throw.
2010-09-30 21:41:37.493 Ironbrow rolls d20: 7 = 7
2010-09-30 21:42:08.978 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 19 = 19
2010-09-30 21:43:24.767 DM: Jerric and Lanley quickly hit the deck, and are unaffected. Ironbrow and
Dorvak are caught in the torrent, and lose one healing surge. (Dorvak has
no healing surges left, and takes damage equal to his surge value instead.)
2010-09-30 21:43:42.144 Morthos rolls d20: 16 = 16
2010-09-30 21:44:02.471 DM: Morthos also hits the deck in time. (This is flavor text, note, and you
are not actually prone. You stand up again.)
2010-09-30 21:44:37.438 DM: In addition, the breath attack blasts the ship, for 50 points of damage.
2010-09-30 21:45:04.436 DM: (In case you’re not watching the pog, the ship is at 412/500.)
2010-09-30 21:45:19.160 Ironbrow: (How bad off does Bony Lizardo look?)
2010-09-30 21:45:40.036 DM: It’s hard to tell with a patchwork skeletal creature, but he doesn’t look
too injured.
2010-09-30 21:46:19.733 DM: Dorvak decides to give Lightning Clash a try.
2010-09-30 21:46:39.191 DM: His lightning-axe slices straight into the creature’s neck, decapitating
it instantly.
2010-09-30 21:46:46.667 DM: A bolt of lightning leaps to the other creature.
2010-09-30 21:47:03.144 DM: Or, rather, it leaps nowhere near the other creature.
2010-09-30 21:47:09.219 DM: In fact it almost hits Jerric.
2010-09-30 21:47:17.690 Jerric: "Watch it!"
2010-09-30 21:47:24.425 Dorvak: “sorry!”
2010-09-30 21:48:02.052 DM: The remaining creature stands there, gnashing its teeth, waiting for
someone to come close enough to get hit, as it is stuck to the deck.
2010-09-30 21:48:12.328 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:48:14.728 Jerric: "Keep your distance while we can."
2010-09-30 21:49:37.350 Morthos casts magic missile
2010-09-30 21:49:40.525 Morthos rolls Spell against bloodied (d20 + 13 + 1): 7 + 13 + 1 = 21
2010-09-30 21:49:57.851 DM: No more attack rolls needed for MM ;)
2010-09-30 21:50:01.951 Morthos: derp
2010-09-30 21:50:03.701 Morthos rolls Magic Missile (2d4 + 9): (3 + 4) + 9 = 16
2010-09-30 21:50:11.102 DM: Or that either.
2010-09-30 21:50:26.627 DM: Morthos’ missile crashes into it.
2010-09-30 21:50:26.628 Morthos: ah yes
2010-09-30 21:50:36.128 Morthos: also is it gripped the the fist still?
2010-09-30 21:50:46.787 DM: No, it struggled free.
2010-09-30 21:50:50.237 Morthos: kk
2010-09-30 21:50:53.012 Morthos: done
2010-09-30 21:51:00.562 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 21:51:05.138 Ironbrow charges!
2010-09-30 21:51:11.263 Ironbrow: (Ruinous Charge)
2010-09-30 21:51:24.661 Ironbrow: (Onslaught, whatever)
2010-09-30 21:51:26.586 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 20 + 16 = 36
2010-09-30 21:51:29.687 Ironbrow: (WOO!)

View
The Search for Narl, Part 6

2010-09-09 20:50:50.861 Dorvak rolls d20: 15 = 15
2010-09-09 20:51:18.162 DM: However, his skin turns to iron momentarily, and the beast’s massive bite
does not harm him.
2010-09-09 20:51:32.563 DM: The tentacle that has him grabbed squeezes him.
2010-09-09 20:52:00.140 Dorvak rolls d20: 12 = 12
2010-09-09 20:52:17.366 DM: Dealing no damage, but he is dazed until the end of the tentacle’s next
turn from the force of the grip.
2010-09-09 20:52:34.692 DM: Another tentacle lashes out at him, and he is bitten at again.
2010-09-09 20:52:45.792 Dorvak rolls d20: 7 = 7
2010-09-09 20:53:30.696 DM: The second tentacle misses him, but the creature’s mouth engulfs him
momentarily with crushing force. His skin hardens, but not enough to
protect it.
2010-09-09 20:53:42.172 DM: Dorvak takes 28 points of damage.
2010-09-09 20:54:14.349 DM: Tentacles attack Morthos and Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:54:28.100 DM: Morthos dodges out of the way….somehow.
2010-09-09 20:54:44.876 DM: Ironbrow wards it off with his sword.
2010-09-09 20:55:08.281 Dorvak: I failed at math when ironbrow healed me and need to be 10hp higher not
cheating I swear! 46+34=80 not 70!
2010-09-09 20:55:12.255 DM: More tentacles burst up from the ground.
2010-09-09 20:55:32.132 DM: Dorvak yells something very strange because he meant ( instead of ".
2010-09-09 20:55:59.408 Dorvak: (I used asterisks tyvm I felt it deserved a special Im a failure tag)
2010-09-09 20:56:14.659 DM: Fair enough, I’m blind!
2010-09-09 20:56:15.434 Jerric: (( Well it made it an extra special failure ))
2010-09-09 20:56:15.734 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 20:56:40.740 Jerric fires a pair of arrows at the mouth before moving to assist Morthos
2010-09-09 20:56:44.115 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 36
2010-09-09 20:56:44.390 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 13 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 29
2010-09-09 20:56:53.616 Jerric rolls Critical, Longbow 1W (10 + 3d6 + 3): 10 + (6 + 6 + 2) + 3 = 27
2010-09-09 20:56:59.741 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 6 + 3 = 9
2010-09-09 20:57:00.391 DM: Jerric manages to shoot it in whatever passes for a vital area on this
thing.
2010-09-09 20:57:00.816 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 1 + 4 = 5
2010-09-09 20:57:21.442 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 20:57:25.717 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 20:57:30.693 DM: He then moves in and slices apart the tentacle menacing Morthos.
2010-09-09 20:58:51.782 DM: Morthos fires a magical missile at the mouth. (The real Morthos had to
afk for a minute.)
2010-09-09 20:59:09.333 DM: Lanley follows it with a pair of arrows.
2010-09-09 20:59:19.984 DM: But both his shots are terrible.
2010-09-09 20:59:25.234 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:59:35.460 Ironbrow: (Fountain wall is difficult terrain, right?)
2010-09-09 20:59:40.235 DM: Yep.
2010-09-09 20:59:44.960 Ironbrow: (Nuts.)
2010-09-09 21:00:27.613 Ironbrow shifts position and hacks down the nearest tentacle.
2010-09-09 21:00:31.063 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 7 + 16 = 23
2010-09-09 21:00:41.764 Ironbrow: (possibly!)
2010-09-09 21:00:54.639 DM: On this particular tentacle, that is in fact a hit.
2010-09-09 21:00:58.865 DM: Ironbrow hacks it apart.
2010-09-09 21:01:27.491 Ironbrow: (Done, out of range to heal Dorvak.)
2010-09-09 21:01:36.667 DM: Dorvak.
2010-09-09 21:01:43.392 Dorvak: (no worries Im going to second wind for defense anyway)
2010-09-09 21:02:25.522 Dorvak holds up his axe as its head bursts into an electical storm (left tentacle, right, big guy)
2010-09-09 21:02:25.872 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 14 + 12 = 26
2010-09-09 21:02:26.272 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 12 + 12 = 24
2010-09-09 21:02:26.647 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 10 + 12 = 22
2010-09-09 21:02:44.723 DM: Both of the tentacles are elecrified into a charred mess.
2010-09-09 21:03:43.857 Dorvak takes a deep breath preparing for the upcoming bite
2010-09-09 21:04:08.483 Dorvak: (done)
2010-09-09 21:04:38.160 DM: Without a tentacle to feed you into its mouth, it can only move far enough
to bite you with the front part of its mouth. Which it does.
2010-09-09 21:05:02.637 DM: For 19 points of damage.
2010-09-09 21:05:21.338 DM: Tentacles attack Ironbrow and Jerric.
2010-09-09 21:05:43.464 DM: Ironbrow is struck for 9 points of damage (1 resisted), and grabbed.
2010-09-09 21:05:55.290 DM: Jerric is struck for 13 points of damage, and is grabbed.
2010-09-09 21:06:14.193 DM: Tentacles burst out of the ground.
2010-09-09 21:06:21.518 Ironbrow: (Has this thing even been lightly scratched yet?)
2010-09-09 21:06:32.570 Jerric: (( I lightly scratched it in the eye? ))
2010-09-09 21:06:32.845 DM: Morthos and Jerric have each given it a few good hits.
2010-09-09 21:06:51.226 DM: It’s not yet bloodied, but it’s not unwounded.
2010-09-09 21:07:00.126 Ironbrow: (nyaarg, can’t even get to the dang thing. :D)
2010-09-09 21:07:19.877 DM: If you want to get to it, you could always stop fithing the tentacles…..
>.>
2010-09-09 21:07:25.503 Jerric: (( Luckily all of our damage dealers have range ))
2010-09-09 21:07:27.078 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 21:07:34.703 Jerric: (( Yeah great idea there ))
2010-09-09 21:07:50.554 Jerric: (( Need to look up something
2010-09-09 21:09:03.790 Jerric: (( Reading an action and then being done, counts as ending my turn, right?
))
2010-09-09 21:09:28.218 Jerric: (( I want to use blade storm and then fire my arrows, I think I can do it )
2010-09-09 21:09:29.793 DM: When you ready an action, your EoT effects occur when the ready goes off,
I believe.
2010-09-09 21:09:38.218 Jerric: (( Bleh ))
2010-09-09 21:09:44.794 DM: Checking PH real quick.
2010-09-09 21:09:58.321 Jerric: (( Ready is 291 ))
2010-09-09 21:10:31.848 Jerric: (( Doesn’t seem to say though ))
2010-09-09 21:10:48.749 DM: I was thinking of delay. Ready has a normal end of turn esquence.
2010-09-09 21:10:55.525 DM: I can’t seem to type currently.
2010-09-09 21:11:19.877 Jerric: (( Ok, will ready an action to draw my bow and fire at the mouth, once I
chop up the tentacle next to me ))
2010-09-09 21:11:45.804 DM: Jerric hacks the tentacle to pieces.
2010-09-09 21:11:56.354 Jerric draws his bow and fires
2010-09-09 21:11:59.204 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 6 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 22
2010-09-09 21:11:59.454 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 15 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 31
2010-09-09 21:12:04.605 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 6 + 3 = 9
2010-09-09 21:12:07.180 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 1 + 2 = 3
2010-09-09 21:12:15.055 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 21:12:24.756 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 21:13:09.533 Morthos casts force Orb at the big dude
2010-09-09 21:13:13.059 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 17 + 13 = 30
2010-09-09 21:13:15.709 Morthos rolls Force Orb (primary) (2d8 + 9): (8 + 4) + 9 = 21
2010-09-09 21:13:37.140 DM: Morthos’ orb of force slams into the creature as it warbles in pain.
2010-09-09 21:13:48.091 DM: It is now bloodied.
2010-09-09 21:14:25.743 DM: Lanley follows up with arrows.
2010-09-09 21:14:58.670 DM: Both of his arrows impact, stabbing into it.
2010-09-09 21:15:00.245 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 21:15:20.246 Ironbrow: (Need to get me a close burst 1 something.)
2010-09-09 21:15:48.322 Ironbrow tries to cut itself free of the ever-sprouting forest of tentacles.
2010-09-09 21:15:50.448 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 8 + 16 = 24
2010-09-09 21:16:21.949 Ironbrow: (the one that’s grabbing me, specifically)
2010-09-09 21:16:23.974 DM: Sadly, Ironbrow’s sword is deflected by iron-hard scales.
2010-09-09 21:16:27.750 Ironbrow: (Bugger.)
2010-09-09 21:16:52.276 Ironbrow tries to stand tough! (Stand Tough, Dorvak and I regain 10 HP, no surge expenditure needed.)
2010-09-09 21:17:09.852 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-09-09 21:17:16.077 DM: Dorvak.
2010-09-09 21:19:28.992 Dorvak activates his cloak of translocation
2010-09-09 21:19:52.893 Dorvak teleports to a more strategic vantage point
2010-09-09 21:20:09.569 Dorvak swings down, lightning trailing his blade
2010-09-09 21:20:10.044 Dorvak rolls Lightning Clash Primary (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 12 + 14 = 26
2010-09-09 21:20:12.370 Dorvak rolls Lightning Clash Secondary (vs. Ref) (d20 + 14): 3 + 14 = 17
2010-09-09 21:20:52.872 DM: Dorvak’s axe cleaves into the thing, but his secondary arc of lightning
fails to strike the second tentacle.
2010-09-09 21:21:14.423 DM: As the tentacle is destroyed, it attempts to fling Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 21:21:38.426 Dorvak: (done)
2010-09-09 21:21:48.277 DM: Ironbrow is flung into a blob of green mist, taking 19 points of damage (1
resisted) from the flinging.
2010-09-09 21:21:58.678 DM: The mist then explodes with reaching tendrils for Ironbrow, Morthos, and
Jerric.
2010-09-09 21:22:44.555 DM: Ironbrow waves away the tendrils that reach for him, but Morthos and
Jerric are not so lucky, each taking 9 points of (necrotic and acid)
damage.
2010-09-09 21:23:12.412 DM: The foul tendrils also dissolve the two tentacles that were in range of
the burst.
2010-09-09 21:23:16.387 Jerric: (( I have resist 5 necrotic and acid, how much do I take? ))
2010-09-09 21:23:26.588 DM: If you have resist 5 to both elements, then you take 4 points.
2010-09-09 21:23:50.689 DM: I forgot you had resist acid.
2010-09-09 21:24:07.340 DM: Actually, do you have resist acid?
2010-09-09 21:24:25.391 Jerric: (( Checking ))
2010-09-09 21:24:38.244 Jerric: (( Sorry, poison ))
2010-09-09 21:24:44.294 Jerric: (( Both are green! ))
2010-09-09 21:24:51.545 DM: Indeed they are. So you take the 9.
2010-09-09 21:25:26.522 DM: Dorvak is assaulted by tentacles.
2010-09-09 21:25:40.947 DM: But both of their attacks are terrible, and he easily deflects them.
2010-09-09 21:26:03.927 DM: Tentacles burst up from the ground.
2010-09-09 21:26:09.877 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 21:27:25.331 Jerric fires some arrows at the mouth before moving to take out one of the tentacles
2010-09-09 21:27:28.732 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 3 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 19
2010-09-09 21:27:29.007 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 5 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 21
2010-09-09 21:27:40.207 DM: Unfortunately, his arrows clatter off its thick hide.
2010-09-09 21:27:49.086 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 21:27:52.986 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 21:27:58.236 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 21:29:40.997 Jerric: (( GT being weird again, hopping ))
2010-09-09 21:29:42.598 Unearthly has left the session
2010-09-09 21:29:49.598 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-09-09 21:30:04.523 Morthos casts Acid Arrow
2010-09-09 21:30:11.699 Morthos rolls Spell against bloodied (d20 + 13 + 1): 4 + 13 + 1 = 18
2010-09-09 21:30:17.349 Morthos rolls Acid Arrow (2d8 + 12): (8 + 8) + 12 = 28
2010-09-09 21:30:35.885 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 21:30:37.335 DM: Morthos’ acid splatters against the creature, but it still sears it.
2010-09-09 21:30:52.636 DM: Lanley follows with arrows.
2010-09-09 21:31:07.444 DM: One is terrible, but one follows Jerric’s earlier one and accidentally
hits a vital spot.
2010-09-09 21:31:19.770 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 21:31:37.951 Ironbrow: (I’m not prone or anything, am I?)
2010-09-09 21:31:39.001 DM: At the start of Ironbrow’s turn, the mist he is standing in attempts to
force its way into his innards.
2010-09-09 21:32:02.304 DM: Nope, no prone or anything. However, you do take 18 points of (acid and
necrotic) damage.
2010-09-09 21:32:34.856 Ironbrow: (Warforged Resolve, charging the tentacle near Jerric.)
2010-09-09 21:33:04.483 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 8 + 16 = 24
2010-09-09 21:33:14.983 Ironbrow: (Told you that 20 nuked my dice luck tonight. :D)
2010-09-09 21:33:28.889 Ironbrow: (Done, I believe.)
2010-09-09 21:33:42.490 DM: Actually, that hits this one.
2010-09-09 21:33:49.690 DM: Ironbrow charges into it and cleaves it in twain.
2010-09-09 21:34:03.045 DM: Dorvak.
2010-09-09 21:34:54.648 Dorvak slices at the tentacle below him
2010-09-09 21:34:55.323 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 3 + 14 = 17
2010-09-09 21:35:08.374 DM: Dorvak’x axe, however, does not hit.
2010-09-09 21:35:20.975 Dorvak: (done)
2010-09-09 21:35:49.701 DM: Dorvak and Lanley are assaulted by tentacles.
2010-09-09 21:36:08.452 DM: Lanley dodges out of the way.
2010-09-09 21:36:19.408 DM: Dorvak is struck once, for 10 points of damage, and he is grabbed.
2010-09-09 21:36:41.885 DM: Dorvak is then dragged over to the mouth.
2010-09-09 21:36:44.635 DM: And bitten.
2010-09-09 21:37:03.336 DM: However, he waves his axe in the air and the creature shies back, not
wanting to get axed in the tongue.
2010-09-09 21:37:33.088 DM: Tentacles burst from the ground.
2010-09-09 21:37:37.313 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 21:37:49.589 Jerric: (( Just to double check, I can charge the mouth, right? ))
2010-09-09 21:38:02.715 Jerric: (( Assuming I get into position ))
2010-09-09 21:38:02.990 DM: Absolutely.
2010-09-09 21:38:44.767 DM: 4E characters can charge through difficult terrain, as long as you have
the movement.
2010-09-09 21:39:37.726 Jerric charges at the mouth with his scimitars gleaming
2010-09-09 21:39:45.052 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 11 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 26
2010-09-09 21:39:52.552 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W + Str (d8 + 4 + 3 + 2): 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 15
2010-09-09 21:39:54.677 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 5 + 7 = 12
2010-09-09 21:40:01.178 Jerric: (( Action Point ))
2010-09-09 21:40:29.729 Jerric pulls from his reserves and delivers a powerful double strike
2010-09-09 21:40:39.980 Jerric: (( Also, forgot this ))
2010-09-09 21:40:41.830 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-09 21:40:44.780 Jerric: (( Jaws of the wolf ))
2010-09-09 21:40:47.760 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 17 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 32
2010-09-09 21:40:48.235 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 4 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 18
2010-09-09 21:40:57.986 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 2W + Str (2d8 + 4 + 3 + 2): (4 + 4) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 17
2010-09-09 21:40:59.461 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 2W + Str (2d8 + 4 + 2 + 2): (8 + 1) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 17
2010-09-09 21:41:01.736 DM: His first attack strikes true, though the second less so.
2010-09-09 21:41:08.336 Jerric: (( Half damage ))
2010-09-09 21:41:14.767 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-09 21:41:15.042 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-09-09 21:41:22.767 Jerric follows up with one final strike from his off hand
2010-09-09 21:41:26.092 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 6 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 20
2010-09-09 21:41:30.843 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 21:41:33.343 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 21:42:02.975 DM: Jerric’s last attack is a glancing blow, merely shaving some skin off, but
it seems to have convinced the creature that it has had enough.
2010-09-09 21:42:20.851 DM: The ground rumbles as it sinks into the dirt, and all of its tentacles
withdraw with it.
2010-09-09 21:42:39.427 Jerric jumps off the fountain and wipes his brow
2010-09-09 21:43:01.903 Ironbrow frowns at the ground suspiciously and pokes the tip of its sword into the loose soil dubiously.
2010-09-09 21:43:31.705 Jerric: "Morthos, let’s start that ritual before anything else comes after us."
2010-09-09 21:43:36.233 Ironbrow: "Agreed."
2010-09-09 21:44:02.159 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 21:44:06.560 Morthos: "done"
2010-09-09 21:45:05.772 DM: Morthos moves up to the edge of the fountain and begins summoning forth
energy to cast the ritual.
2010-09-09 21:45:40.999 DM: The blobs of green mist all around you appear to be strangely affected by
this; they form into flying spheres and begin bouncing off an invisible
barrier around the fountain, like a moth with a lampshade.
2010-09-09 21:46:25.302 DM: As the ritual progresses, their bouncing becomes more and more violent.
By the time the ritual is nearly over, they are frenetically flying about,
leaving contrails of green mist glowing in the air after them.
2010-09-09 21:47:23.940 DM: Finally, the ritual completes, and another towering beacon of silver light
springs up into the sky. However, the blobs of mist do something too, as
they form into what appears to be a green doorway, floating in the air.
2010-09-09 21:47:41.218 DM: And it’s a little early, but this is an appropriate cliffhanger to call it
on for tonight.
2010-09-09 21:47:50.843 Jerric: Dun dun dun
2010-09-09 21:47:57.944 Ironbrow: Fair enough. Man, was that a silt horror?
2010-09-09 21:48:02.119 DM: Yes it was.
2010-09-09 21:48:02.969 Dorvak: Sarlacc!
2010-09-09 21:48:09.723 Ironbrow: Damn that thing is hard to fight. :D
2010-09-09 21:48:15.024 Dorvak: NEED MORE AOE
2010-09-09 21:48:16.574 DM: I even had to mod it to make it easier.
2010-09-09 21:48:18.949 Ironbrow: For serious.
2010-09-09 21:48:21.624 Jerric: Hooray for automatic damage
2010-09-09 21:48:30.425 DM: The main thing was supposed to be burrowing around at 6 squares a round,
underground most of the time.
2010-09-09 21:48:57.026 DM: I said it’s annoying to fight something that’s underground most of the
time and just gave it more tentacles.
2010-09-09 21:49:52.429 Ironbrow: Alrighty then, gonna shut down and do some PvP before it gets too late.
2010-09-09 21:49:57.330 Ironbrow: Y’all enjoy, see you next week.
2010-09-09 21:50:04.680 Morthos: later
2010-09-09 21:50:04.955 Disconnected.

View
The Search for Narl, Part 5
PLAY 2010-09-09 18:26:00.276

2010-09-09 18:26:00.518
2010-09-09 18:26:00.518 Welcome to Gametable 2.0.RC2.
2010-09-09 18:26:30.630 Joined game
2010-09-09 18:26:30.759 DM has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:26:55.151 DM loads a new map.
2010-09-09 18:36:55.199 Your connection to the host was lost.
2010-09-09 18:36:55.203 Disconnected.
2010-09-09 18:37:01.208 Joined game
2010-09-09 18:37:01.300 DM has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:47:03.201 Your connection to the host was lost.
2010-09-09 18:47:03.203 Disconnected.
2010-09-09 18:47:08.416 Joined game
2010-09-09 18:47:08.525 DM has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761 <u>Who’s connected</u>
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761      Ironbrow (Mox)
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761      DM (DM)
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761 2 players
2010-09-09 18:49:43.835 <u>Who’s connected</u>
2010-09-09 18:49:43.836      Ironbrow (Mox)
2010-09-09 18:49:43.836      DM (DM)
2010-09-09 18:49:43.836 2 players
2010-09-09 18:53:27.690 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:53:45.241 Ironbrow: And I have now located and ordered a copy of the Valley of Dust and Fire.
My Dark Sun addiction returns in full force.
2010-09-09 18:54:34.194 DM: Excellent.
2010-09-09 18:58:45.910 Voraath has joined the session
2010-09-09 19:06:50.412 DM: Currently searching for Morthos. Starting will occur soon, hopefully.
2010-09-09 19:06:54.837 Ironbrow: No worries.
2010-09-09 19:15:15.521 DM: Searching failed for now, we’ll just start and he can join when we find
him. Everyone ready to go?
2010-09-09 19:16:01.973 Ironbrow: Set here.
2010-09-09 19:16:06.724 Dorvak nods
2010-09-09 19:16:08.774 Jerric: Ready
2010-09-09 19:16:55.255 DM: When last we left our heroes, they had just finished re-slaying some
animaated corpses (and piles of corpse-related things) that had been
animated by a fountain filled with a resorvoir of energy to defend itself
from their plans to drain it with a ritual known to Morthos.
2010-09-09 19:17:23.333 DM: As an enormous silver beacon light shines behind them from the first
fountain they drained, they are ready for anything, not knowing what will
happen this time.
2010-09-09 19:18:25.387 Ironbrow shakes the gore off of its sword. “Is everyone functional?”
2010-09-09 19:18:51.163 Dorvak: "Fine over here."
2010-09-09 19:19:04.614 Jerric nods
2010-09-09 19:19:11.589 Lanley: “I’m all right.
2010-09-09 19:19:13.239 ”user">DM: Morthos nods.
2010-09-09 19:19:14.114 Jerric: "Still good for a bit."
2010-09-09 19:19:58.294 Ironbrow: (Did he start the ritual before these things attacked? I missed that by
showing up late last game.)
2010-09-09 19:20:18.295 DM: He did not. The things attacked while being dragged away.
2010-09-09 19:20:35.971 Ironbrow: "Proceed, we will stand guard."
2010-09-09 19:21:31.999 DM: Morthos nods and begins drawing forth energy to cast the ritual, after
first moving closer to the fountain.
2010-09-09 19:22:41.453 DM: The next ten minutes are rather exciting, as the green light in the
fountain fluxes, and appears to try to fight back, but it seems that it
spent what defensive efforts it coud already, for nothing of great import
happens. Green tendrils flare up and out, but they encounter an invisible
barrier at the edge of the fountain and glance off as Morthos’ ritual
successfully contains them.
2010-09-09 19:23:09.080 DM: After ten minutes, the ritual is complete, and once again, the fountain
explodes into an enormous towering beacon of silver light shooting up into
the sky.
2010-09-09 19:23:26.406 Morthos has joined the session
2010-09-09 19:24:09.009 Dorvak: "I don’t think stealth is going to be our ace in the hole right now."
2010-09-09 19:24:17.860 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 3 + 15 = 18
2010-09-09 19:24:57.962 Jerric: "Well we don’t need to stick around, shall we head to the next fountain?"
2010-09-09 19:25:12.738 Ironbrow nods.
2010-09-09 19:25:38.664 Dorvak: "We will need to be careful at the next fountain if it requires a fight
like the past two."
2010-09-09 19:26:22.417 Dorvak: "That being said let’s get a move on."
2010-09-09 19:26:54.028 DM: What method of travel are you using to get to the next fountain?
2010-09-09 19:27:01.328 Jerric: (( Airship ))
2010-09-09 19:27:07.503 Ironbrow: (If possible, aye.)
2010-09-09 19:27:35.530 DM: Indeed. Lanley calls over the airship, and you are once again airlifted
to another corner of the city. The trip takes about twenty minutes.
2010-09-09 19:27:54.131 DM: (The map is heavily abstrcted.)
2010-09-09 19:29:45.002 DM: Once again, spriggan carrying sacks move through the city streets,
oblivious to all around them.
2010-09-09 19:29:50.929 DM Recenters everyone’s view!
2010-09-09 19:30:33.884 Ironbrow indicates the creatures and makes to follow them.
2010-09-09 19:32:20.491 DM: From Dorvak’s position, he can see through the alley between the
buildings, a small blob of green mist.
2010-09-09 19:32:46.343 Jerric: "We don’t need to be so careful, let’s move forward and ignore these ones."
2010-09-09 19:32:51.743 DM: (Crap, that’s almost invisible. Let me try to find another color.)
2010-09-09 19:33:00.319 DM: (There we go.)
2010-09-09 19:33:38.371 Jerric waves his allies on
2010-09-09 19:34:36.549 DM: This fountain is smaller than the other two, but otherwise looks the same.
2010-09-09 19:35:01.376 Jerric: (( My gametable is going nuts, full cpu, anyone else? ))
2010-09-09 19:35:10.751 Ironbrow: (( Seems okay so far. ))
2010-09-09 19:35:20.527 Jerric: (( brb ))
2010-09-09 19:35:55.604 Unearthly has left the session
2010-09-09 19:36:01.229 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-09-09 19:36:16.230 Jerric: (( Seems good now ))
2010-09-09 19:37:06.684 Ironbrow sets its stance and keeps the sword gripped tightly.
2010-09-09 19:37:26.186 DM: The spriggan toss their sacks into the fountain.
2010-09-09 19:37:56.764 DM: With a flash of green light, they then jump in themselves and disappear.
2010-09-09 19:38:12.215 Ironbrow glances at the clouds to see if they pose a threat.
2010-09-09 19:38:16.865 DM: Arcana.
2010-09-09 19:38:20.315 Ironbrow rolls Skill: Arcana (d20 + 13): 20 + 13 = 33
2010-09-09 19:38:29.515 Ironbrow: (And there go my attack rolls for the ENTIRE night.)
2010-09-09 19:39:16.818 Dorvak: (Good ol skill checks. Ruining attack rolls since forever!)
2010-09-09 19:39:29.844 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 10 + 15 = 25
2010-09-09 19:41:01.724 Ironbrow: "Avoid these clouds, they are a form of sorcerous hazard. I do not know
exactly what the effects would be, but I know with certainty that it is a
corruption of elemental energy."
2010-09-09 19:41:17.800 Morthos: "It’s a trap!"
2010-09-09 19:41:23.725 Ironbrow: (YES)
2010-09-09 19:41:33.951 Ironbrow: (hahaha)
2010-09-09 19:42:04.180 DM: (Ackbar will never stop being funny.)
2010-09-09 19:42:52.058 Dorvak: "Should we try to get this ritual underway before enemies appear?"
2010-09-09 19:43:06.358 Dorvak: "Or hold off until they do so Morthos can aid in the battle."
2010-09-09 19:43:12.984 Ironbrow: "If possible, I would like to see if we can do anything about these clouds
first."
2010-09-09 19:43:32.710 Ironbrow: "The energy might be able to be drained from it, or there many be some
sort of focus.)
2010-09-09 19:43:35.160 Ironbrow: "
2010-09-09 19:43:48.286 Jerric: "It could certainly prove a hindrance while fighting."
2010-09-09 19:43:53.611 Morthos: "If we can find the focus stone I could destroy the clouds"
2010-09-09 19:44:04.487 Ironbrow looks towards the fountain.
2010-09-09 19:44:08.487 Jerric: "Is the fountain not the focus?"
2010-09-09 19:44:20.938 Ironbrow: "A smaller part of it may be."
2010-09-09 19:45:22.466 Dorvak: "The ground we are standing on isn’t as stable as the rest of this
town…It’s almost like a sand dune"
2010-09-09 19:45:43.592 Ironbrow looks down.
2010-09-09 19:46:08.119 DM: It looks normal to you, and you haven’t noticed anything too strange about
it (besides the half-footprint quality that’s been standard for this town).
2010-09-09 19:47:23.498 Dorvak: "The gas might weaken the area—soften the ground to keep us captive if we
activate the traps."
2010-09-09 19:48:25.128 Ironbrow: (Do I see anything on the fountain, some kind of ornament or embellshment,
that might be a focus stone?)
2010-09-09 19:48:39.478 DM: Perception.
2010-09-09 19:48:48.254 DM: You are about 50 feet away from it, after all.
2010-09-09 19:48:48.679 Ironbrow rolls Skill: Perception (d20 + 5): 2 + 5 = 7
2010-09-09 19:49:21.558 DM: You do not see anything interesting besides the obvious fact that it is an
evil fountain with a knot of green mist around the center of the
waterspray.
2010-09-09 19:49:46.536 Jerric looks around for anything of note besides the mist
2010-09-09 19:49:48.536 Jerric rolls Skill, Perception (d20 + 5 + 5 + 1): 3 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 14
2010-09-09 19:50:09.663 DM: Jerric and Lanley both intently peer at the fountain, but neither of them
notices anything particular.
2010-09-09 19:51:11.191 Ironbrow: "Time is wasting. We may have to make the best of the battlefield."
2010-09-09 19:52:02.671 Jerric nods
2010-09-09 19:52:14.572 Dorvak kicks at the ground a bit, picks up a rock at tosses it into the gas cloud nearest him
2010-09-09 19:52:42.748 DM: The gas cloud EXPLODES with reaching tendrids of green mist, dripping a
foul substance!
2010-09-09 19:52:57.599 DM: Lanley, Ironbrow, Dorvak, and Jerric are in the area of effect (it is a
close burst 5).
2010-09-09 19:53:06.925 Dorvak: (( >.> ))
2010-09-09 19:53:22.576 Ironbrow: (( I vote for the use of several arrows to blow these things up
prematurely.)
2010-09-09 19:54:08.828 DM: Dorvak and Jerric resist the effects of the tendrils. Lanley is caught by
a grazing blow. Ironbrow suddenly finds a tendril forcing its noxious
substance into his skull through his eyes.
2010-09-09 19:54:38.880 DM: Ironbrow takes 15 points of (acid and necrotic) damage. Lanley takes 14.
2010-09-09 19:54:51.908 DM: The tendrils then pull back into the cloud, and hang there in the air.
2010-09-09 19:55:12.661 Ironbrow makes an odd metallic coughing sound and waves the cloud’s tendrils away.
2010-09-09 19:55:20.686 Jerric: "Warn us before you do something like that!"
2010-09-09 19:55:42.838 Dorvak: "You know. I didn’t expect a rock to set it off! Learn something new
every day."
2010-09-09 19:55:56.663 Jerric: "Then why did you do it…?"
2010-09-09 19:56:14.764 Dorvak: "On your guard! I think something might be coming from below."
2010-09-09 19:56:40.292 Dorvak: "Seemed benign enough anyway!"
2010-09-09 19:57:00.393 DM: Moments after Dorvak’s shout of warning, you all can feel the ground
rumbling.
2010-09-09 19:58:10.223 DM: Moments after that, and something bursts through the ground up into the
center of the fountain, as waving tentacles burst up out of the ground
around it. As the dirt showers off it, you can see that it looks like
nothing so much as a hard, hooked squid beak, and it emits a warbling cry
that sounds angry.
2010-09-09 19:58:16.998 DM: Initiative!
2010-09-09 19:58:31.349 Ironbrow: (Man, we got Yogged.)
2010-09-09 19:58:32.999 Ironbrow rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 5 + 8 = 13
2010-09-09 19:58:38.300 Dorvak rolls Initiative(near Ironbrow) (d20 + 7): 4 + 7 = 11
2010-09-09 19:58:58.951 Jerric rolls Initiative (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3): 10 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 27
2010-09-09 19:59:31.253 Morthos rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 11 + 8 = 19
2010-09-09 19:59:54.904 Jerric: (( For the purposes of quarry, is each tentacle a target? Or the whole
thing? ))
2010-09-09 20:00:05.030 DM: Each tentacle is a seperate creature mechanically.
2010-09-09 20:00:56.359 Jerric: (( Begin the Hunt ))
2010-09-09 20:01:12.485 Jerric: (( Use while rolling init, +2 init ))
2010-09-09 20:01:33.512 DM: Initiative modified to 29. The tentacles remain first.
2010-09-09 20:01:55.739 Jerric: (( Ok, the closest is my quarry that I get +2 attack bonus against ))
2010-09-09 20:02:46.766 DM: Ironbrow and Jerric are attacked by tentacles that attempt to wrap around
them.
2010-09-09 20:03:25.418 DM: Both of them are wrapped around, for 10 damage (Ironbrow resists 1, takes
9) and are grabbed.
2010-09-09 20:03:34.044 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 20:03:53.470 Jerric attempts to escape the grab
2010-09-09 20:04:03.645 Jerric rolls Skill, Acrobatics (d20 + 5 + 5 + 5 – 1 + 1): 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 – 1 + 1 = 20
2010-09-09 20:04:25.096 DM: Jerric wriggles around, but the tentacle’s grip is firm.
2010-09-09 20:04:36.073 Jerric: (( Can I attack while grabbed? )
2010-09-09 20:05:10.575 DM: Absolutely.
2010-09-09 20:05:13.400 DM: You can’t move.
2010-09-09 20:05:35.226 Jerric attacks the tentacle in retaliation
2010-09-09 20:05:38.527 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 18 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 33
2010-09-09 20:05:38.827 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 15 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 29
2010-09-09 20:05:46.077 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 6 + 3 + 2 = 11
2010-09-09 20:05:48.852 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 8 + 2 + 2 = 12
2010-09-09 20:05:51.677 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 4 + 6 = 10
2010-09-09 20:05:56.153 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 20:06:01.403 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 20:06:12.929 DM: Jerric hacks the tentacle to pieces, but as it falls apart, it attempts to
fling him out of its grasp.
2010-09-09 20:06:54.656 DM: It successfully flings him away, dealing him 20 damage and hurling him
five squares back.
2010-09-09 20:07:17.482 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 20:10:07.754 Morthos casts storm cage
2010-09-09 20:11:08.418 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 10 + 13 = 23
2010-09-09 20:11:09.018 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 2 + 13 = 15
2010-09-09 20:11:09.593 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 8 + 13 = 21
2010-09-09 20:11:46.420 DM: The tentacles dodge out of the way of the sizzling blast of lightning, but
the enormous beak is not so quick.
2010-09-09 20:12:01.271 Morthos rolls Storm Cage (4d6 + 5): (4 + 1 + 5 + 6) + 5 = 21
2010-09-09 20:12:10.371 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 20:12:45.124 DM: Lanley moves back, draws his bow, and fires at the tentable grabbing
Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:13:04.100 DM: His arrow pierces it as it falls to the ground.
2010-09-09 20:13:16.251 DM: He quickly tries to make a second shot on another tentacle, but his aim is
terrible.
2010-09-09 20:13:23.251 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:13:59.928 Ironbrow begins its thundering avalanche towards the central creature.
2010-09-09 20:14:19.854 DM: You may wish to watch out for the enormous cage of lightning.
2010-09-09 20:14:20.880 Jerric: (( Don’t run into the cage ))
2010-09-09 20:14:29.055 Ironbrow: (Yar, trying to plot a course.)
2010-09-09 20:14:44.806 Ironbrow: (Move 1 taken, move 2…)
2010-09-09 20:15:15.115 Ironbrow: (inspiring word on self)
2010-09-09 20:15:19.115 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 2 + 4 + 6 = 12
2010-09-09 20:16:01.492 Ironbrow: (Scratch move 2, just taking the first move, and activating the armor
property.)
2010-09-09 20:16:07.793 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-09-09 20:16:14.493 DM: Dorvak.
2010-09-09 20:17:19.422 Dorvak places a mark on the tentacle he is facing
2010-09-09 20:17:35.973 Dorvak swings down with a thunderous clap
2010-09-09 20:17:36.323 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 7 + 14 = 21
2010-09-09 20:17:59.774 DM: Dorvak’s axe glances off the tentacle’s scales.
2010-09-09 20:18:05.749 Dorvak: (done)
2010-09-09 20:18:37.055 DM: The two tentacles in the cage surge foward, and are charred to a crisp by
lightning.
2010-09-09 20:18:57.533 DM: Dorvak and Ironbrow are attacked by tentacles.
2010-09-09 20:19:34.861 DM: Dorvak very nearly dodges both of them, but instead, they both strike him,
and he is grabbed by the northernmost one. For a total of 20 points of
damage.
2010-09-09 20:20:09.888 DM: Ironbrow is also struck once, for 10 points of damage, though he is not so
nearly missed. A burst of necrotic energy from his armor strikes the
tentacle, and it falls to the ground lifeless.
2010-09-09 20:20:39.668 DM: (Also, Ironbrow only takes 9 damage, 1 resisted.)
2010-09-09 20:20:55.569 Ironbrow: (Grabbed too, I imagine.)
2010-09-09 20:21:02.870 DM: No, because it died for hitting you.
2010-09-09 20:21:07.545 Ironbrow: (Oh, derp.)
2010-09-09 20:21:15.145 Ironbrow: (Sorry, i have the dumb.)
2010-09-09 20:21:56.905 DM: Three more tentacles surge out of the ground.
2010-09-09 20:22:06.130 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 20:23:48.488 Jerric fires an arrow at each of the tentacles surrounding Dorvak
2010-09-09 20:23:51.713 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 6 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 22
2010-09-09 20:23:51.988 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 7 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 23
2010-09-09 20:23:59.364 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 2 + 3 = 5
2010-09-09 20:23:59.614 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 3 + 3 = 6
2010-09-09 20:24:00.714 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 8 + 6 = 14
2010-09-09 20:24:23.590 DM: Jerric’s arrows both glance off their scales.
2010-09-09 20:25:12.968 Jerric then runs to backup Dorvak, taking on the tentacle behind him
2010-09-09 20:25:21.493 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 20:25:26.369 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 20:25:37.294 DM: Jerric’s whirling blades slice up the tentacle.
2010-09-09 20:25:50.445 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 20:27:55.238 DM: (I had a tentacle in the wrong space. It has been corrected.)
2010-09-09 20:28:03.814 Morthos casts fireburst
2010-09-09 20:28:09.989 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 2 + 13 = 15
2010-09-09 20:28:10.714 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 7 + 13 = 20
2010-09-09 20:28:16.489 DM: Ouch.
2010-09-09 20:28:34.615 DM: The tentacles whip around to avoid the searing flames.
2010-09-09 20:28:49.641 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 20:29:15.949 DM: Lanley fires at the tentacles by Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:29:32.450 DM: Hitting once.
2010-09-09 20:29:39.300 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:29:43.725 Dorvak: "If tentacles keep coming up from the group Ironbrow and I should try to
take care of them while Morthos Lanely and Jerric try to take down the
mouth!"
2010-09-09 20:30:13.977 Ironbrow nods and shifts its weight to prepare to change tactics.
2010-09-09 20:30:23.428 Ironbrow: "Focus on the central creature, we will hold the tentacles then!"
2010-09-09 20:31:08.805 Ironbrow moves up to cut down one of the tentacles.
2010-09-09 20:31:11.005 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 3 + 16 = 19
2010-09-09 20:31:32.457 Ironbrow bolsters Jerric with battle orders (Inspiring Word)
2010-09-09 20:31:34.432 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 4 + 3 + 1 = 8
2010-09-09 20:31:34.957 DM: Sadly, Ironbrow’s sword swings mightily through the air.
2010-09-09 20:31:50.408 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-09-09 20:32:05.683 DM: Dorvak. (Remember, you’re grabbed by the tentacle adjacent to you.)
2010-09-09 20:33:07.167 Dorvak teleports to free himself from the grab
2010-09-09 20:33:38.294 Dorvak activates impenetrable warding
2010-09-09 20:34:20.025 Dorvak slices down at the tentacle in front of him
2010-09-09 20:34:20.275 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 9 + 14 = 23
2010-09-09 20:34:36.876 Jerric: (( Do we need to get on top of the edge of the fountain to melee the
mouth? ))
2010-09-09 20:34:55.332 DM: Either that or in the fountain.
2010-09-09 20:35:12.688 DM: Dorvak’s axe scrapes alongside the creature, shaving off scales, but just
barely missing.
2010-09-09 20:35:13.738 Jerric: (( Does that countain as difficult? Moving into that square ))
2010-09-09 20:35:19.514 Dorvak: (done.)
2010-09-09 20:35:25.814 DM: Yes.
2010-09-09 20:35:45.340 DM: Edit; Dorvak gets a +2 to hit from his teleport power, and hacks the
tentacle in half.
2010-09-09 20:36:17.095 DM: Tentacles attack Dorvak and Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:38:12.355 Dorvak: As one of the tentacles looks to hit ironbrow Dorvak smashes his axe into
the ground sending a shockwave at it
2010-09-09 20:38:15.556 Dorvak rolls Countering Thunderclap (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 7 + 12 = 19
2010-09-09 20:38:55.033 DM: Sadly, the tentacle is unaffected by Dorvak’s shockwave.
2010-09-09 20:39:14.409 DM: Ironbrow is battered for 9 (1 resisted) and 9 (1 resisted)(total 18) by
the two tentacles, and he is grabbed by the northernmost one.
2010-09-09 20:39:25.686 DM: Dorvak is grabbed and squeezed for 10 points of damage as well.
2010-09-09 20:39:48.089 DM: The tentacle drags Ironbrow along the ground, towards the central mouth.
2010-09-09 20:40:27.591 DM: More tentacles burst from the ground.
2010-09-09 20:40:41.517 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 20:40:57.844 Jerric draws his bow and fires a pair of arrows at the mouth
2010-09-09 20:41:01.394 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 7 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 23
2010-09-09 20:41:01.669 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 6 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 22
2010-09-09 20:41:23.401 DM: This fight would be a lot less threatening if the average attack roll was
above 7.
2010-09-09 20:41:31.877 Jerric then moves to backup Dorvak, cutting up his assailant
2010-09-09 20:41:44.253 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 20:41:45.928 DM: Jerric slices the grabbing tentacle apart, freeing Dorvak.
2010-09-09 20:41:51.107 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 20:41:59.457 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 20:42:45.110 Jerric says “I thought you were taking care of them?” snides merrily at Dorvak
2010-09-09 20:43:02.286 Jerric: (( Er, somewhere I had a sentence ))
2010-09-09 20:43:12.062 Dorvak smirks
2010-09-09 20:43:35.363 Morthos casts Icy Rays at the big guy and nearby tentacle
2010-09-09 20:43:37.338 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 15 + 13 = 28
2010-09-09 20:43:38.288 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 12 + 13 = 25
2010-09-09 20:43:42.888 Morthos rolls Icy Rays (d10 + 10): 10 + 10 = 20
2010-09-09 20:44:04.415 DM: Morthos’ rays fire with precision accuracy into the creature’s mouth, and
the nearby tentacle.
2010-09-09 20:44:29.518 Morthos: +2 for hitting both
2010-09-09 20:44:30.368 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 20:45:02.745 DM: Lanley fires twice at the mouth.
2010-09-09 20:45:20.226 DM: He strikes it a glancing blow once, and misses entirely once.
2010-09-09 20:45:32.327 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:45:46.802 Ironbrow: (Hm…)
2010-09-09 20:46:11.204 Ironbrow: (Oh,did Jerric remember to spend the surge I gave him with inspiring word?)
2010-09-09 20:46:22.179 Jerric: (( No, whoops ))
2010-09-09 20:46:32.905 Ironbrow: (Just making sure, taking stock of what I got left.)
2010-09-09 20:46:37.030 DM: As I recall, it was surge + 8.
2010-09-09 20:46:40.605 Ironbrow: (Yarb)
2010-09-09 20:47:00.232 Ironbrow hacks at the tentacle that has it grabbed, shouting battle orders in the process. (Inspiring Word on Dorvak).
2010-09-09 20:47:03.082 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 1 + 5 + 4 = 10
2010-09-09 20:47:06.807 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 4 + 16 = 20
2010-09-09 20:47:11.132 Ironbrow: (Done.)
2010-09-09 20:47:19.509 DM: Flailing in the air, Ironbrow’s greatsword is not incredibly effective.
2010-09-09 20:47:24.734 DM: Dorvak.
2010-09-09 20:48:02.611 Dorvak tears ironbrow from the grip of the tentacle placing himself in it instead
2010-09-09 20:48:23.870 DM: Ironbrow is no longer grabbed, and now Dorvak is.
2010-09-09 20:48:30.221 Dorvak places a mark on the tentacles he can reach
2010-09-09 20:49:07.373 Dorvak stands firm, planted into the ground, hardening his skin (Iron defense)
2010-09-09 20:49:09.873 Dorvak: (done)
2010-09-09 20:49:42.405 DM: The tentacle drags Dorvak next to the creature’s mouth, which pounces upon
him the second he comes close enough.

View
The Search for Narl, Part 4

2010-08-26 20:44:20.588 Dorvak attempts to engulf the large winged beast in flame
2010-08-26 20:44:25.113 Dorvak rolls Swordmage Shielding Fire (vs Fort) (d20 + 12): 11 + 12 = 23
2010-08-26 20:45:11.269 DM: Dorvak thinks for a moment that it’s going to shake it off; but then it sticks.
2010-08-26 20:45:46.523 Dorvak rolls 2W (2d10 + 9): (3 + 10) + 9 = 22
2010-08-26 20:46:03.274 Dorvak places a mark on the corpse and the entrails
2010-08-26 20:46:13.824 Dorvak: (done.)
2010-08-26 20:46:24.225 Dorvak rolls d20: 17 = 17
2010-08-26 20:46:46.276 DM: Lanley moves in and fires twice at the injured corpse.
2010-08-26 20:47:00.577 DM: Unfortunately, both of his shots are absolutely terrible.
2010-08-26 20:47:23.153 DM: Jerric: At the beginning of your turn, you are pummeled by entrails, but you resist all the damage. It’s just mildly uncomfortable.
2010-08-26 20:47:47.732 Jerric attempts to break free from the corpse
2010-08-26 20:47:50.032 Jerric rolls Skill, Acrobatics (d20 + 5 + 5 + 5 – 1 + 1): 19 + 5 + 5 + 5 – 1 + 1 = 34
2010-08-26 20:48:01.807 DM: Broken free with no problems at all.
2010-08-26 20:48:24.934 Jerric uses the opening the continues his attack on the corpse
2010-08-26 20:48:29.009 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 13 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 28
2010-08-26 20:48:29.559 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 15 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 29
2010-08-26 20:48:34.959 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 8 + 3 + 2 = 13
2010-08-26 20:48:36.909 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 3 + 2 + 2 = 7
2010-08-26 20:48:37.184 DM: Both attacks connect solidly.
2010-08-26 20:48:38.234 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Privilege (2d8 + 3): (1 + 7) + 3 = 11
2010-08-26 20:48:39.585 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 20:48:40.335 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 20:48:42.460 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:49:02.561 DM: Despite the impairment placed on him, Jerric slices into the creature, and it falls apart.
2010-08-26 20:49:09.736 Jerric: (( Going in order they were applied on me ))
2010-08-26 20:49:12.436 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 19 = 19
2010-08-26 20:49:12.961 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 9 = 9
2010-08-26 20:49:26.863 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-26 20:49:47.189 DM: The winged beast bites at Dorvak.
2010-08-26 20:50:07.266 DM: He is bitten for 17 points of damage.
2010-08-26 20:50:37.042 DM: The mound of entrails flails at Ironbrow.
2010-08-26 20:51:03.194 DM: He is struck for 8 points of necrotic damage (1 resisted), and ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).
2010-08-26 20:51:24.795 DM: Morthos.
2010-08-26 20:52:28.027 Morthos casts fireburst behind the two creatures Dorvak is battling
2010-08-26 20:52:33.827 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 13 + 13 = 26
2010-08-26 20:52:35.002 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 1 + 13 = 14
2010-08-26 20:53:00.228 DM: There’s actually three of them back there, you can get all three.
2010-08-26 20:53:07.479 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 20 + 13 = 33
2010-08-26 20:53:07.729 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 7 + 13 = 20
2010-08-26 20:53:14.429 Morthos: laptop screen—
2010-08-26 20:53:38.381 DM: On the plus side, you crit one of them. I’ll say the rolls are closest to farthest, so you crit the giant winged thing.
2010-08-26 20:53:50.481 DM: You also hit the rotting corpse up front.
2010-08-26 20:54:25.461 Morthos rolls Fire Burst (3d6 + 9): (4 + 4 + 4) + 9 = 21
2010-08-26 20:54:37.937 Morthos: +2
2010-08-26 20:54:47.688 DM: Plus crit damage for the back one.
2010-08-26 20:55:04.990 Morthos rolls 3d6 + 29: 4 + 2 + 1 + 29 = 36
2010-08-26 20:55:41.269 DM: The creature seems to have been far more severely damaged than you expected; you must have hit it in its weak point for massive damage. (Vulnerable to critical hits, +20 damage.)
2010-08-26 20:55:54.669 Ironbrow: (Whoa. O_o)
2010-08-26 20:56:11.295 DM: It is now bloodied.
2010-08-26 20:56:44.826 DM: (btw, Dorvak didn’t announce it, but appearntly he’s bloodied as well)
2010-08-26 20:56:58.802 Ironbrow: (on it.)
2010-08-26 20:57:01.077 Dorvak: (oh, right, hp and stuff)
2010-08-26 20:57:08.603 DM: The corpse by Dorvak assails him with its grimy claws.
2010-08-26 20:57:28.429 DM: He is struck for 8 points of necrotic damage, loses 1 healing surge, and is weakened and immobilized (save ends both).
2010-08-26 20:57:43.730 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-08-26 20:58:16.509 Ironbrow shifts into position and bolsters Dorvak with a command. (Inspiring Word)
2010-08-26 20:58:23.059 Ironbrow rolls Saving Inspiration (2d6): 3 + 2 = 5
2010-08-26 20:58:27.084 Ironbrow: (Also make a save)
2010-08-26 20:58:40.985 Dorvak rolls d20: 4 = 4
2010-08-26 20:58:56.761 Ironbrow: (Is the thing flanked by Jerric and I bloodied?)
2010-08-26 20:59:01.986 DM: No.
2010-08-26 20:59:14.212 Jerric: (( It’s also probably not worth your time ))
2010-08-26 20:59:19.062 DM: In fact, as far as you can tell, it’s not injured at all, though it’s hard to tell on a mound of flailing entrails.
2010-08-26 20:59:31.288 Dorvak: (take that one out if you want I can hold them off for a round or two no problem)
2010-08-26 21:00:14.540 Ironbrow smashes the creature in front of it with a heavy swipe. (Warlord’s Favor)
2010-08-26 21:00:16.690 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 13 + 16 = 29
2010-08-26 21:00:19.091 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 2W (2d10 + 7): (9 + 5) + 7 = 21
2010-08-26 21:00:29.641 Ironbrow: (Jerric gets +4 to hit it until the end of my next turn.)
2010-08-26 21:00:31.466 DM: Ironbrow’s greatsword hacks into it, sending viscera spewing everywhere.
2010-08-26 21:00:54.093 Ironbrow: (Done.)
2010-08-26 21:00:54.343 DM: (Also, it’s a +5 bonus.)
2010-08-26 21:00:59.543 Ironbrow rolls Saving Throw vs. Ongoing (d20 + 2): 15 + 2 = 17
2010-08-26 21:01:09.368 Ironbrow: (Right, right.)
2010-08-26 21:01:18.869 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-26 21:01:38.246 Dorvak prepares for the next onslaught (second wind)
2010-08-26 21:02:13.099 Dorvak swings down at the corpse next to him, lightning trailing his axe
2010-08-26 21:02:15.099 Dorvak rolls Lightning Clash Primary (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 1 + 14 = 15
2010-08-26 21:02:25.000 Dorvak: (THATS IT. RETRAINED.)
2010-08-26 21:02:32.975 Jerric: (( Haha ))
2010-08-26 21:02:38.076 Ironbrow: (Doh!)
2010-08-26 21:02:39.401 Dorvak: Action point
2010-08-26 21:02:42.976 DM: Lightning Clash lives up to its history.
2010-08-26 21:03:15.131 Dorvak takes a wide stance and plants his feet, his body being tied to the earth (Iron defense)
2010-08-26 21:03:18.606 Dorvak: done
2010-08-26 21:03:32.382 Dorvak rolls d20: 3 = 3
2010-08-26 21:03:37.032 DM: Lanley fires twice at the pile of entrails.
2010-08-26 21:03:56.361 DM: One of his shots goes wide, but the other one buries itself dead center. Which apparently is a good thing.
2010-08-26 21:04:55.192 DM: Jerric: Beginning of turn, mildly annoying entrail pounding action.
2010-08-26 21:06:06.300 Jerric makes use of the opening Ironbrow made and unleashes his attacks
2010-08-26 21:06:14.878 Jerric: ((Claws of the Griffon ))
2010-08-26 21:06:17.903 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 16 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 31
2010-08-26 21:06:18.478 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 13 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 27
2010-08-26 21:06:23.003 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 2W + Str (2d8 + 4 + 3 + 2): (4 + 4) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 17
2010-08-26 21:06:24.153 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W + Str (d8 + 4 + 2 + 2): 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 9
2010-08-26 21:06:27.029 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Privilege (2d8 + 3): (6 + 5) + 3 = 14
2010-08-26 21:06:52.783 DM: It is now bloodied.
2010-08-26 21:07:07.284 Jerric follows up with a quick blow from his off hand
2010-08-26 21:07:10.109 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 11 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
2010-08-26 21:07:15.209 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W + Str (d8 + 4 + 2 + 2): 2 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 10
2010-08-26 21:07:20.235 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:07:27.335 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 21:07:31.310 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-26 21:08:06.287 DM: The large thing bites at Dorvak once more.
2010-08-26 21:08:25.341 DM: As it bites him, his skin takes on a metallic sheen…
2010-08-26 21:08:29.617 Dorvak rolls d20: 20 = 20
2010-08-26 21:08:40.342 DM: And its teeth glance off harmlessly.
2010-08-26 21:08:53.893 DM: Entrails pummel at Dorvak.
2010-08-26 21:09:17.694 Dorvak rolls 2d20: 20 + 6 = 26
2010-08-26 21:09:28.720 DM: Apparently Dorvak critically defends.
2010-08-26 21:09:36.747 Dorvak: (what a great time!)
2010-08-26 21:10:00.477 DM: Flailing entrails bounce off him harmlessly, but one wraps around him for 2 points of necrotic damage, and ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).
2010-08-26 21:10:22.778 DM: The other creature of entrails flails at Ironbrow.
2010-08-26 21:10:36.006 DM: But he is not affected by its raining viscera upon him.
2010-08-26 21:10:40.356 DM: Morthos.
2010-08-26 21:12:15.044 Morthos casts Acid Arrow at the big guy
2010-08-26 21:12:19.094 Morthos rolls Spell against bloodied (d20 + 13 + 1): 18 + 13 + 1 = 32
2010-08-26 21:12:26.744 DM: An excellent shot.
2010-08-26 21:13:11.577 Morthos rolls Acid Arrow (2d8 + 12): (2 + 1) + 12 = 15
2010-08-26 21:13:11.752 DM: Morthos’ arrow sinks deep into the creature as acid splashes onto the mound of entrails adjacent.
2010-08-26 21:13:23.477 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 17 + 13 = 30
2010-08-26 21:13:31.556 DM: And the acid burns it as well.
2010-08-26 21:13:55.532 Morthos rolls Acid Arrow (secondary) (d8 + 10): 3 + 10 = 13
2010-08-26 21:15:07.414 DM: The rotting corpse claws at Dorvak, but he blocks it with his field of force just in time.
2010-08-26 21:15:53.367 DM: Ironbrow: At the start of your turn, you are pummeled by flailing entrails for 4 points of necrotic damage (1 resisted).
2010-08-26 21:17:34.248 Ironbrow: (It occurs to me that my armor should’ve been saving my ass, but I am dumb and forgot about the property. Anyway…)
2010-08-26 21:17:55.949 Ironbrow shifts away from the fight and barrels towards the southern fray. (shift, charge)
2010-08-26 21:18:04.049 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 15 + 16 = 31
2010-08-26 21:18:09.575 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 1W (d10 + 7): 9 + 7 = 16
2010-08-26 21:18:16.475 Ironbrow: (+2 damage on basic attacks, so 18.)
2010-08-26 21:18:16.575 DM: Ironbrow hacks into the creature solidly.
2010-08-26 21:18:26.851 DM: Plus a d6.
2010-08-26 21:18:30.426 Ironbrow rolls d6: 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:18:45.627 Ironbrow gives another command to Dorvak to keep him standing.
2010-08-26 21:19:02.578 Ironbrow rolls Inspirational Saving Inspiration (2d6 + 5): (2 + 1) + 5 = 8
2010-08-26 21:19:05.553 Ironbrow: (Make a save)
2010-08-26 21:19:23.854 Ironbrow: (Done.)
2010-08-26 21:19:41.432 Jerric: (( Which reminds me I forgot to save))
2010-08-26 21:19:45.307 Dorvak rolls d20: 17 = 17
2010-08-26 21:19:46.232 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 11 = 11
2010-08-26 21:20:14.162 Dorvak: (just one save…I gotta say which one Im saving….dm pick!)
2010-08-26 21:20:32.963 DM: The top one is ongoing 10, so we’ll do that.
2010-08-26 21:20:51.414 DM: Which is convenient, because it is now Dorvak’s turn.
2010-08-26 21:22:25.922 Dorvak teleports to a nearby location
2010-08-26 21:22:39.523 Dorvak swings down attempting to encase the corpse in sound
2010-08-26 21:22:41.998 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 4 + 14 = 18
2010-08-26 21:23:06.325 Dorvak: done
2010-08-26 21:23:08.175 Dorvak rolls d20: 10 = 10
2010-08-26 21:23:11.975 DM: Sadly, Dorvak’s axe hacks through some of its rotting flesh, but it doesn’t seem to care.
2010-08-26 21:23:26.951 DM: Lanley fires at the mound of entrails.
2010-08-26 21:23:36.777 DM: He hits it twice.
2010-08-26 21:24:02.406 DM: And it collapses to the ground in a heap…..but then it explodes!
2010-08-26 21:24:50.634 DM: Jerric is coated in viscera and flying entrails. He takes 8 points of necrotic damage (5 resisted), and a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends).
2010-08-26 21:25:13.335 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-26 21:27:26.618 Jerric: (( How many squares do you need to charge? ))
2010-08-26 21:27:30.918 DM: 2.
2010-08-26 21:27:55.494 Jerric moves into position and charges the corpse
2010-08-26 21:28:03.270 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 8 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 23
2010-08-26 21:28:08.520 Jerric rolls Critical, Speed 1W + Str (8 + 4 + d8 + 3 + 2): 8 + 4 + 6 + 3 + 2 = 23
2010-08-26 21:28:12.020 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Privilege (2d8 + 3): (7 + 6) + 3 = 16
2010-08-26 21:28:22.596 Jerric: (( Wrong roll )
2010-08-26 21:28:25.646 DM: That’s actually a miss anyway.
2010-08-26 21:28:26.346 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W + Str (d8 + 4 + 3 + 2): 7 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 16
2010-08-26 21:28:32.821 DM: He just barely deflects it with his plated arm.
2010-08-26 21:28:34.947 Jerric: (( What, really? Even with flanking and charge? ))
2010-08-26 21:28:39.772 Jerric: (( Sucks ))
2010-08-26 21:28:41.647 DM: -2 penalty from the corpse explosion.
2010-08-26 21:28:44.222 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 21:28:46.672 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 21:28:51.948 Jerric: (( Right, forgot to add that ))
2010-08-26 21:28:53.648 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 16 = 16
2010-08-26 21:29:00.623 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-26 21:29:17.799 Jerric: (( That was an awesome HP roll too ))
2010-08-26 21:29:20.024 DM: It is now bloodied.
2010-08-26 21:29:42.525 DM: The winged beast bites at Dorvak.
2010-08-26 21:29:54.701 DM: But he blocks its jaws with his axe.
2010-08-26 21:30:13.404 DM: The mound of entrails flings ropes of itself at Dorvak.
2010-08-26 21:30:28.130 DM: He is struck for 4 points of necrotic damage, and ongoing 10 necrotic damage.
2010-08-26 21:30:30.855 DM: (save ends)
2010-08-26 21:30:41.606 DM: Morthos.
2010-08-26 21:33:13.017 Morthos casts FireScythe on the middle creature
2010-08-26 21:33:26.543 Morthos: wait nvm
2010-08-26 21:33:38.994 Morthos: used that slot already
2010-08-26 21:34:12.047 Morthos casts magic missile at the bloodied target
2010-08-26 21:34:27.001 DM: Morthos’ missiles slam into the corpse.
2010-08-26 21:35:03.380 Morthos: 13 damage
2010-08-26 21:35:32.006 DM: The corpse senses Jerric’s energy is waning and claws at him.
2010-08-26 21:36:58.611 DM: However, a field of force springs up to protect him, and the wight uselessly claws at it (13 necrotic damage fully absorbed). Jerric does not lose a healing surge, but he is still immobilized and weakened (save ends both).
2010-08-26 21:37:19.038 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-08-26 21:38:06.415 Ironbrow slashes at the undead monster before it and bolsters Jerric. (basic attack, Saving Inspiration)
2010-08-26 21:38:08.415 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 20 + 16 = 36
2010-08-26 21:38:11.491 Ironbrow rolls Critical 1W (10 + 2d12 + 7): 10 + (1 + 8) + 7 = 26
2010-08-26 21:38:20.016 Ironbrow rolls Inspirational Saving Inspiration (2d6 + 5): (2 + 6) + 5 = 13
2010-08-26 21:38:29.417 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 1 = 1
2010-08-26 21:38:32.942 Ironbrow: (Doh!)
2010-08-26 21:38:34.917 DM: Now that’s a save.
2010-08-26 21:38:36.692 Ironbrow: (Done.)
2010-08-26 21:38:46.968 DM: The creature is staggering on its feet, but remains standing.
2010-08-26 21:38:53.593 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-26 21:39:06.071 DM: At the start of your turn, you are pummeled for 5 points of necrotic damage.
2010-08-26 21:39:46.875 Dorvak slashes at the wight, sound trailing his axe
2010-08-26 21:39:48.975 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 19 + 14 = 33
2010-08-26 21:39:50.825 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade Damage (d6 + 8): 1 + 8 = 9
2010-08-26 21:39:59.051 Dorvak: edit: thats the sound damage
2010-08-26 21:40:02.376 Dorvak rolls 1W (d10 + 9): 2 + 9 = 11
2010-08-26 21:40:09.051 Dorvak: thats the one
2010-08-26 21:40:22.305 DM: Dorvak’s axe crashes into the creature’s neck, nearly severing its head as it flops to the ground.
2010-08-26 21:41:03.407 Dorvak sees Jerric’s movement plight and places him into the heat of battle
2010-08-26 21:41:23.609 Dorvak: done
2010-08-26 21:41:26.559 Dorvak rolls d20: 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:41:53.188 DM: Lanley fires at the large collection of corpses.
2010-08-26 21:42:44.441 DM: It….dribbles…in pain, seeming as though it tried to roar but has neither any vocal chords nor any lungs to power them with, as Lanley’s arrows impact.
2010-08-26 21:42:52.942 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-26 21:43:50.173 Jerric: (( Damn you weakened ))
2010-08-26 21:45:46.905 Jerric attacks the creature in front of him
2010-08-26 21:45:48.305 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 19 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 34
2010-08-26 21:45:48.730 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 34
2010-08-26 21:45:57.280 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 1 + 3 + 2 = 6
2010-08-26 21:45:58.655 DM: Damn you weakened indeed.
2010-08-26 21:46:03.081 Jerric rolls Critical, Reckless 1W (8 + 2d8 + d8 + 2 + 2): 8 + (4 + 6) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 28
2010-08-26 21:46:04.506 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:46:04.756 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:46:06.356 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Privilege (2d8 + 3): (1 + 5) + 3 = 9
2010-08-26 21:46:51.258 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 21:46:52.808 DM: It is bloodied.
2010-08-26 21:47:09.759 Jerric: (( The thing next to me? I was attakcing the dragon-thing ))
2010-08-26 21:47:22.052 DM: Oh, my bad.
2010-08-26 21:47:30.053 DM: You killed the dragon, then, before blade storm.
2010-08-26 21:47:45.303 Jerric: (( Excellent, then blade storm the remaining blob ))
2010-08-26 21:47:51.029 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 12 = 12
2010-08-26 21:47:59.304 DM: And you even saved.
2010-08-26 21:48:15.280 DM: Which reminds me, did you ever save against the blob explosion?
2010-08-26 21:48:21.130 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-26 21:48:24.456 Jerric: (( And yes I did ))
2010-08-26 21:48:27.356 DM: Excellent.
2010-08-26 21:49:05.183 DM: The blob of entrails lashes at Jerric.
2010-08-26 21:49:45.485 DM: It fiails at him with what seemed like it might have really struck a tender place, if not for the helpful forcefield blocking it completely (9 absorbed).
2010-08-26 21:49:57.786 DM: Morthos.
2010-08-26 21:50:13.687 Morthos casts magic missile
2010-08-26 21:50:24.737 Morthos: 13 damage
2010-08-26 21:50:37.639 DM: Morthos’ missile slams into the thing, and it is now bloodied.
2010-08-26 21:50:56.616 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-08-26 21:51:08.219 Ironbrow takes a step away from the creature to gain distance, then thunders forward into it.
2010-08-26 21:51:14.644 Ironbrow: (shift, charge)
2010-08-26 21:51:17.345 Ironbrow rolls Charge Attack (d20 + 17): 16 + 17 = 33
2010-08-26 21:51:21.795 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 1W (d10 + 7): 7 + 7 = 14
2010-08-26 21:51:23.945 Ironbrow rolls Charge Damage Bonus (d6): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 21:51:24.895 Ironbrow rolls Basic Attack/Bloodied Target Damage Bonus (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:51:25.245 Ironbrow rolls Basic Attack/Bloodied Target Damage Bonus (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:51:25.396 DM: A solid slash.
2010-08-26 21:51:37.797 Ironbrow: (23 total, should be.)
2010-08-26 21:51:40.572 DM: Yep.
2010-08-26 21:51:49.176 DM: Ironbrow slashes off flailing entrails.
2010-08-26 21:51:54.552 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-26 21:52:33.907 Dorvak attempts to tear the entrails from this world
2010-08-26 21:52:35.207 Dorvak rolls Transposing Lunge (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 14 + 14 = 28
2010-08-26 21:52:38.382 Dorvak rolls 2W (2d10 + 9): (7 + 5) + 9 = 21
2010-08-26 21:53:02.311 DM: Dorvak cleaves through them with his axe, but they remain stubbornly blob-like.
2010-08-26 21:53:12.611 Dorvak: done
2010-08-26 21:53:13.861 Dorvak rolls d20: 2 = 2
2010-08-26 21:53:43.688 DM: Lanley follows it up with a well-placed shot to the dead center of the thing…again…causing it to explode in a mass of entrails and viscera.
2010-08-26 21:54:13.590 DM: Jerric dodges out of the way, Ironbrow is not affected (though he is covered in entrails), and Dorvak blocks the worst of it with his field of force.
2010-08-26 21:54:35.668 Ironbrow shakes the goop off of its armor.
2010-08-26 21:54:48.194 Jerric: "Everyone still alive?"
2010-08-26 21:55:13.895 Lanley: “Seems like it.”
2010-08-26 21:55:16.570 Morthos: "Hanging in there"
2010-08-26 21:55:35.921 Ironbrow nods and makes a few small adjustments to its broken plates.
2010-08-26 21:55:39.296 Dorvak rolls d20: 16 = 16
2010-08-26 21:55:48.297 Dorvak: "I am now."
2010-08-26 21:56:01.723 Jerric: "Let’s take a short breather and then Morthos, you can begin the ritual?"
2010-08-26 21:56:12.023 Morthos: "Sounds good"
2010-08-26 21:56:31.549 DM: And with that, we’ll end for tonight, as it is 9:56 and we should really end a session on time once in a while.
2010-08-26 21:56:38.725 Jerric: Unheard of
2010-08-26 21:56:42.250 Ironbrow: :D Good times, glad I made it for the fight at least.
2010-08-26 21:57:13.827 Dorvak: I like tankning stuff!
2010-08-26 21:57:28.778 Jerric: Yeah that power is pretty cool too
2010-08-26 21:57:30.928 DM: You had your nice little corner with three guys whaling on you.
2010-08-26 21:57:40.003 Dorvak: all marked!
2010-08-26 22:00:14.541 Ironbrow: Gonna duck out for the night, then. Y’all enjoy. :D
2010-08-26 22:00:16.967 Mox has left the session
2010-08-26 22:00:33.808 Disconnected.

View
The Search for Narl, Part 3

PLAY 2010-08-26 18:47:44.385 2010-08-26 18:47:45.943
2010-08-26 18:47:45.943 Welcome to Gametable 2.0.RC2.
2010-08-26 18:48:06.413 Joined game
2010-08-26 18:48:06.487 DM has joined the session
2010-08-26 18:58:19.051 Voraath has joined the session
2010-08-26 18:58:27.901 Morthos has joined the session
2010-08-26 19:01:50.401 DM: (Yes, I did just create a new pog for Ironbrow because I couldn’t remember how to unrotate it.)
2010-08-26 19:02:06.227 DM: No Ironbrow tonight, but we will forge on anyway. Everyone good to go?
2010-08-26 19:02:13.252 Jerric: Ready
2010-08-26 19:02:25.755 Dorvak nods
2010-08-26 19:02:49.482 Morthos: yup
2010-08-26 19:03:21.909 DM: When last we left our heroes, they had just finished fighting off the assaults of a group of spriggan (some of whom were much larger than is normal), while Morthos cast an untested ritual on the strange fountain with unknown but probably evil properties.
2010-08-26 19:04:09.887 DM: As Morthos continues his ritual, the knot of green mist in the center of the fountain seems to struggle, but after summoning the spriggan, it seems to have no other way to defend itself. As the minutes tick by, it begins to shrink as it struggles.
2010-08-26 19:05:00.690 DM: Eventually (after ten minutes of casting), Morthos drops his arm as the ritual is completed, and the green mist flashes a brilliant silver, then gathers itself up and explodes, sending a fountain of silver light high into the sky.
2010-08-26 19:06:50.872 Jerric: "So, what was that doing?"
2010-08-26 19:08:31.508 Morthos: "The fountain was tainted. My goal was to remove said taint. I didn’t expect the explosion at the end but it could’ve gone much worse"
2010-08-26 19:08:57.259 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 13): 16 + 13 = 29
2010-08-26 19:08:58.184 Jerric: "Well these guys returned to normal size."
2010-08-26 19:09:06.085 Jerric points to the two previously large spriggans
2010-08-26 19:09:22.961 DM: Actually they’re smaller than that. About three or four feet tall.
2010-08-26 19:09:45.987 DM: And, upon closer inspection, they’re not really twisted anymore. They look much more natural…..in fact, they appear to be gnomes.
2010-08-26 19:10:10.964 Jerric: "...This was certainly something nefarious indeed."
2010-08-26 19:10:59.466 Jerric: "Well if we’ve taken care of this fountain, we don’t particularly have any reason to remain. Let’s continue our scouting."
2010-08-26 19:11:23.368 DM: I feel like I should mention that the fountain of silver light isn’t going away.
2010-08-26 19:11:36.318 DM: It’s a giant, glowing, silver beacon.
2010-08-26 19:11:41.569 Dorvak: "Well, we should at least see if they had anything useful on them." (or did we do that, I forget between sessions.)
2010-08-26 19:11:53.369 Jerric: (( Yeah that makes things a bit different ))
2010-08-26 19:12:14.724 Jerric checks the corpses for equipment
2010-08-26 19:12:25.124 Dorvak helps
2010-08-26 19:12:41.275 DM: Nothing useful; some war picks, hide armor, and a shortbow.
2010-08-26 19:12:58.501 Jerric: (( So let me rewind my last few lines ))
2010-08-26 19:13:11.702 Jerric: "So, what is this doing now? Any idea?"
2010-08-26 19:13:45.479 Ironbrow: “This one is unsure. It is certainly magical of some sort.”
2010-08-26 19:14:36.884 Dorvak rolls Skill, Arcana (d20 + 14): 15 + 14 = 29
2010-08-26 19:15:26.787 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 13): 15 + 13 = 28
2010-08-26 19:15:36.787 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 13): 14 + 13 = 27
2010-08-26 19:16:38.118 Dorvak: "What I do know is its pumping out a lot of energy into the area. It looks like its stored up somewhere, maybe the fountain itself maybe not. Cant say why though."
2010-08-26 19:17:03.194 Morthos: "The silver light is a good thing, the magic that had poisioned it is leaving"
2010-08-26 19:17:30.971 Lanley: “A little attention-grabbing, though.”
2010-08-26 19:18:19.352 Jerric: "Well that’s good to know. Shall we move on then, and see if we can find Narl?"
2010-08-26 19:18:50.156 Dorvak nods
2010-08-26 19:19:06.679 Morthos: "Indeed"
2010-08-26 19:19:45.556 Jerric leads the way, looking for anything suspicious as he walks
2010-08-26 19:20:05.034 Jerric: (( Should I move on the map, or is there lots of area to cover? ))
2010-08-26 19:20:19.334 DM: Lots of area, so narration it is for now.
2010-08-26 19:20:57.637 DM: As you move through the streets, you notice that the green mist is much thinner. It’s not gone completely, though, and the further you get from the cleansed fountain the stronger it gets.
2010-08-26 19:22:01.315 DM: You continue to see spriggan moving through the streets, but they appear confused now, rather than their sheer single-minded determination that they had earlier. However, again, as you continue further from the fountain, they begin to regain the single-mindedness.
2010-08-26 19:22:35.970 Jerric: "I wonder if there is any more of those fountains?"
2010-08-26 19:22:41.796 Jerric: (( What direction are they heading? ))
2010-08-26 19:23:19.773 DM: (I forget whether you were in the northeast or northwest corner of the city. However, basically, it appears that most of them are heading to the other three corners.)
2010-08-26 19:23:30.098 DM: A few appear to be aiming for the center of the city.
2010-08-26 19:24:37.003 Dorvak: (do the new fountains look silver or green?)
2010-08-26 19:25:18.432 DM: You haven’t seen any other fountains yet.
2010-08-26 19:25:26.907 Jerric: (( And how far is it from corner to corner of the city? ))
2010-08-26 19:26:32.061 DM: If it were direct, even points of the corner, a few miles. Expected walking time would be probably two hours or thereabouts.
2010-08-26 19:28:15.520 Jerric: "I’d be willing to bet that there’s a fountain where these are all headed. We should take them all out. Should we head back to the airship to get a lift or just keep going?"
2010-08-26 19:28:55.722 Dorvak: "Well if they are headed to a fountain they wont notice, but Im not sure if it would really save all that much time, and we might miss things on the ground."
2010-08-26 19:29:40.500 Ironbrow: “This one believes that time is likely important. It wonders how long our efforts will go unnoticed.”
2010-08-26 19:30:08.551 Jerric: (( How far are we from our landing zone? ))
2010-08-26 19:30:59.754 DM: Not very.
2010-08-26 19:31:07.404 DM: Probably about ten minutes’ walk.
2010-08-26 19:32:00.057 Jerric: "I’m going to agree with Ironbrow, I think it would save a good amount of time."
2010-08-26 19:32:25.259 Jerric: "Lanley, can you call for the airship to meet us?"
2010-08-26 19:32:50.710 Lanley: “Sure. At the landing zone?”
2010-08-26 19:33:39.015 Jerric: "Yeah, we haven’t gone that far."
2010-08-26 19:33:49.341 DM: Lanley nods and pulls out his arrow.
2010-08-26 19:33:55.991 Lanley: “They’re on the way.”
2010-08-26 19:34:06.442 Jerric: "Great, then let’s head over to meet them."
2010-08-26 19:34:19.142 Jerric leads the way
2010-08-26 19:34:25.043 Dorvak follows
2010-08-26 19:34:51.794 DM: After a bit of walking, and a bit of climbing, you are back on the airship.
2010-08-26 19:35:34.122 Jerric: (( I’ll assume we were in the NW ))
2010-08-26 19:36:09.125 DM: (It was indeed NW.)
2010-08-26 19:36:22.601 Jerric directs the pilot to head to the southwest corner of the city to drop in a similar landing zone
2010-08-26 19:36:56.102 DM: While you’re up here, you notice that you can see the light from the cleansed fountain very clearly from the air.
2010-08-26 19:37:52.640 DM Recenters everyone’s view!
2010-08-26 19:38:15.319 DM: (Abstracted landing zone again)
2010-08-26 19:38:28.724 DM: You climb down the ropes to reach the southwest corner of the city.
2010-08-26 19:38:47.350 Jerric: (( What was the time it took from when we called for the airship? ))
2010-08-26 19:39:47.228 DM: From when you called to arrival, about twenty minutes; a half hour to get onto the city outskirts.
2010-08-26 19:40:34.734 Jerric: "Ok, let’s get moving. We can go a bit bolder this time, if it looks the same."
2010-08-26 19:41:11.586 Jerric ponders
2010-08-26 19:41:30.069 Jerric: "I suppose we should try and avoid killing spriggans if we can, if they are actually gnomes."
2010-08-26 19:41:47.938 Jerric: "For now, let’s search for another fountain."
2010-08-26 19:42:06.289 Jerric: (( Are we actually near the map area now? ))
2010-08-26 19:42:14.765 DM: Yep.
2010-08-26 19:42:41.191 Jerric leads the way
2010-08-26 19:44:07.773 DM: The spriggan carrying sacks with a dumb expression on their faces appear to be headed to the east (right).
2010-08-26 19:44:52.278 DM: In addition, from there, you can see the edge of a fountain, with what appears to be a glistening heap of entrails sitting next to it.
2010-08-26 19:45:41.910 Jerric: "Certainly not far. What should we do about these guys?"
2010-08-26 19:46:40.168 Lanley: “They don’t seem to be able to notice anything around them; what if we just ignore them?”
2010-08-26 19:47:14.895 Jerric: "Hopefully they won’t all attack us once we start on the fountain, but I’m with you. Ok, let’s move up."
2010-08-26 19:48:00.876 DM: As you move closer, you can also see what appears to be a rotting corpse in plate armor by the fountain.
2010-08-26 19:48:04.832 Dorvak keeps his hand on his axe
2010-08-26 19:49:16.114 DM: From your new position, you see another heap of entrails, another rotting corpse, and what appears to be a pile of rotting corpses with vaguely wing-shaped protrusions coming out of its back.
2010-08-26 19:49:46.042 Jerric: "I really really hope that is dead."
2010-08-26 19:50:43.821 Jerric: (( Also just to check, are the rotting corpses laying like rotting corpses should, or standing? ))
2010-08-26 19:50:57.322 DM: Laying.
2010-08-26 19:51:12.072 DM: You’re experienced adventurers, you can tell the difference between animate undead and normal corpses.
2010-08-26 19:51:25.173 DM: These are either normal corpses, or disguised as normal corpses.
2010-08-26 19:51:39.574 Jerric approaches closer
2010-08-26 19:52:17.026 DM: (Crap, it ate the bottom half of the fountain.)
2010-08-26 19:52:39.532 DM: (Just pretend the blue lines worked.)
2010-08-26 19:52:55.283 DM: The spriggan standing by the fountain tosses his sack in.
2010-08-26 19:53:36.636 Dorvak: "I feel like we might want to remove the corpses from the vicinity. I have visions of them being animated by the fountains."
2010-08-26 19:53:55.337 Jerric: "Ok, let’s do that then."
2010-08-26 19:54:10.163 Dorvak: "Ironbrow help me with the big one."
2010-08-26 19:54:17.663 DM: A spriggan tosses in a sack, and a spriggan jumps into the fountain.
2010-08-26 19:54:28.014 DM: Ironbrow nods, frowning.
2010-08-26 19:54:37.764 Jerric moves over to one of the armored corpses and begins to drag it away
2010-08-26 19:55:13.891 Dorvak counts to three and begins to drag the corpse backwards
2010-08-26 19:55:29.917 DM: It’s exactly as heavy as it looks.
2010-08-26 19:55:57.044 DM: I have to stop Jerric before that.
2010-08-26 19:56:12.446 DM: You get it to there before you notice that it’s shaking.
2010-08-26 19:56:43.122 Jerric: "What is this? Is it already being animated?"
2010-08-26 19:56:52.223 DM: Its eyes begin glowing green.
2010-08-26 19:57:08.324 DM: Dorvak and Ironbrow notice that the one they’re dragging is also shaking, as are the mounds of entrails by them.
2010-08-26 19:57:16.549 Jerric pulls out his scimitars and moves to chop off its head
2010-08-26 19:57:32.350 DM: Surprise round, PC advantage: Roll init, and you get one action during the round.
2010-08-26 19:57:42.301 Jerric rolls Initiative (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3): 9 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 26
2010-08-26 19:57:46.176 Morthos rolls Initiative (d20 + 7): 11 + 7 = 18
2010-08-26 19:58:11.652 Jerric: (( I’m using my sword of speed, init 50 ))
2010-08-26 19:58:21.528 Dorvak rolls Initiative(near Ironbrow) (d20 + 7): 7 + 7 = 14
2010-08-26 19:59:16.331 DM: Everyone will be surprised by this order.
2010-08-26 19:59:17.406 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-26 19:59:36.857 Jerric: (( Gasp! Hunter’s Privilege ))
2010-08-26 20:00:18.736 Jerric swings his scimitars down mercilessly upon the shaking corpse in front of him
2010-08-26 20:00:23.061 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 14 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 29
2010-08-26 20:00:23.386 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 1 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 15
2010-08-26 20:00:33.687 DM: His first attack connects solidly.
2010-08-26 20:00:38.437 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 2 + 3 + 2 = 7
2010-08-26 20:00:40.362 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:00:42.462 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Privilege (2d8 + 3): (1 + 4) + 3 = 8
2010-08-26 20:00:44.862 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:00:48.962 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-26 20:01:00.438 DM: Morthos.
2010-08-26 20:02:36.572 Morthos casts icy rays at the two creatures by the fountain (near ironbrow)
2010-08-26 20:02:41.147 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 14 + 13 = 27
2010-08-26 20:02:44.272 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 17 + 13 = 30
2010-08-26 20:02:54.998 DM: A pair of good shots pins them in place.
2010-08-26 20:03:14.274 DM: (roll damage)
2010-08-26 20:03:14.874 Morthos rolls Icy Rays (d10 + 10): 5 + 10 = 15
2010-08-26 20:03:23.199 Morthos: done
2010-08-26 20:03:34.526 DM: However, their gooey bodies seem to make them resistant to the targeted assault (half damage).
2010-08-26 20:04:12.753 DM: Ironbrow is pummeled by flailing entrails for 4 points of necrotic damage (1 resisted).
2010-08-26 20:04:33.505 DM: He drops the creature he was carrying and draws his greatsword.
2010-08-26 20:04:39.656 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-26 20:05:01.957 Dorvak places a mark on the large winged monster and the entrails nearby (1)
2010-08-26 20:05:31.509 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 8 + 14 = 22
2010-08-26 20:05:50.560 DM: Only one action in a surprise round; but you missed anyway.
2010-08-26 20:05:58.410 Dorvak: right!
2010-08-26 20:06:02.810 Dorvak: (done)
2010-08-26 20:06:11.111 DM: Lanley draws his bow.
2010-08-26 20:06:19.036 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-26 20:06:31.962 Jerric follows up with some more swings of his scimitars
2010-08-26 20:06:35.962 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 1 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 16
2010-08-26 20:06:36.312 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 8 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 22
2010-08-26 20:06:40.738 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:06:41.088 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:06:42.838 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:06:52.713 DM: Both of Jerric’s attacks are turned aside by its heavy plate, but he manages to nick its arms on the rebound.
2010-08-26 20:07:01.639 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-26 20:07:17.640 DM: The winged creature bites at Dorvak with its foul mouth.
2010-08-26 20:07:40.691 DM: He is bitten for 18 points of damage.
2010-08-26 20:08:28.244 DM: The mound of entrails by Ironbrow flails at him with rotting ropes of viscera.
2010-08-26 20:08:58.170 DM: But he turns aside the stench and is not affected.
2010-08-26 20:09:22.322 DM: The other one flails about uselessly, stuck to the ground.
2010-08-26 20:09:29.822 DM: Morthos.
2010-08-26 20:12:03.135 Morthos casts lightning serpent at the zombie near jerric
2010-08-26 20:12:09.460 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 8 + 13 = 21
2010-08-26 20:12:49.163 DM: Sadly, it just barely twists out of the brunt of it in time.
2010-08-26 20:13:02.288 Morthos: spell surge
2010-08-26 20:13:23.765 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 8 + 13 = 21
2010-08-26 20:13:29.465 Morthos: ...fuck
2010-08-26 20:13:59.217 DM: Half damage, at least.
2010-08-26 20:14:42.244 Morthos rolls Lightning Serpent (2d12 + 4 + 6): (2 + 10) + 4 + 6 = 22
2010-08-26 20:14:45.669 Morthos: done
2010-08-26 20:15:35.451 DM: One of the rotting corpses moves to flank Ironbrow. The other swings at Jerric.
2010-08-26 20:16:21.880 DM: Jerric is struck by its claws for 4 points of necrotic damage (5 resisted), and he loses 1 healing surge.
2010-08-26 20:17:45.738 DM: Ironbrow is pummeled by flailing entrails for 4 necrotic damage (1 resisted).
2010-08-26 20:18:05.316 DM: He shifts and unleashes a mighty blow on the rotting corpse.
2010-08-26 20:18:24.067 DM: Unfortunately, he also tripped on some entrails while shifting, and his sword goes completely wild, nearly hitting Dorvak.
2010-08-26 20:18:38.368 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-26 20:19:15.695 Dorvak reassess and applys a mark to the winged beast and the corpse nearby
2010-08-26 20:19:30.571 Dorvak: (...applys…..)
2010-08-26 20:20:09.773 Dorvak holds his axe out as it bursts an electrical storm (corpse then winged)
2010-08-26 20:20:10.273 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 12 + 12 = 24
2010-08-26 20:20:10.548 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 3 + 12 = 15
2010-08-26 20:20:22.073 DM: The smaller rotting corpse is struck.
2010-08-26 20:20:36.124 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash Damage (2d8 + 7): (8 + 6) + 7 = 21
2010-08-26 20:20:37.799 DM: Wait, no, I fail at reading.
2010-08-26 20:20:47.800 DM: That would have hit its Ref, in my defense.
2010-08-26 20:20:59.151 Dorvak: (well, then, done!)
2010-08-26 20:21:36.103 DM: Lanley was unhappy being that close to the combat.
2010-08-26 20:21:46.780 DM: He fires twice at the corpse by Jerric.
2010-08-26 20:22:01.581 DM: He hits it once, and it is now bloodied.
2010-08-26 20:22:10.958 DM: Also, I failed at combat resolution earlier, forgot to mention status effects.
2010-08-26 20:22:20.283 DM: When he was clawed, Jerric was also weakened and immobilized (save ends both).
2010-08-26 20:22:34.434 Jerric: (( Whaaaat ))
2010-08-26 20:22:55.962 DM: Paragon tier creatures that only do 9 unresisted damage on their attack tend to have nasty side effects!
2010-08-26 20:23:08.713 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-26 20:23:55.366 Jerric continues to attack the animated corpse
2010-08-26 20:23:58.116 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 10 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 25
2010-08-26 20:23:58.466 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 16 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 30
2010-08-26 20:24:04.816 DM: Both attacks hit.
2010-08-26 20:24:05.916 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 3 + 3 + 2 = 8
2010-08-26 20:24:08.316 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 2 + 2 + 2 = 6
2010-08-26 20:24:12.892 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Privilege (2d8 + 3): (4 + 3) + 3 = 10
2010-08-26 20:24:14.017 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 20:24:14.942 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:24:28.018 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-26 20:24:38.193 DM: 16 damage after weakened.
2010-08-26 20:24:49.244 Jerric: (( One sec while I look something up ))
2010-08-26 20:25:35.472 DM: You’re right, Blade Storm isn’t halved.
2010-08-26 20:25:52.648 DM: So that makes it 19.
2010-08-26 20:25:59.999 Jerric: (( Excellent, ok. Done ))
2010-08-26 20:26:03.999 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 8 = 8
2010-08-26 20:26:27.052 DM: The large winged creature bites at Dorvak.
2010-08-26 20:26:41.503 DM: He is bitten for 17 points of damage.
2010-08-26 20:27:30.432 DM: Dorvak and Jerric find themselves being flailed at by mounds of entrails.
2010-08-26 20:28:12.309 DM: Both of them are struck; Dorvak takes 7 points of necrotic damage, and Jerric takes 4 points (5 resisted) of necrotic damage. Both of them take ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends).
2010-08-26 20:29:04.139 Jerric: (( Remind me to thank Ironbrow for the armor ))
2010-08-26 20:29:11.265 DM: Morthos: At the start of your turn, you find yourself being pummeled by flailing entrails for 5 points of necrotic damage.
2010-08-26 20:32:48.177 Morthos casts force orb at the zombie near jerric
2010-08-26 20:33:04.878 Morthos rolls Spell against bloodied (d20 + 13 + 1): 6 + 13 + 1 = 20
2010-08-26 20:33:37.733 DM: Sadly, that comes close, but is another near miss.
2010-08-26 20:34:13.538 Morthos: done
2010-08-26 20:34:52.616 DM: The creature by Jerric grapples at him with black-glowing hands, attempting to siphon off his living energy.
2010-08-26 20:35:10.542 Jerric attempts to throw off the creature’s attack with a quick swing of his scimitar
2010-08-26 20:35:14.993 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 8 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 23
2010-08-26 20:35:30.193 DM: Sadly, his attack is slightly too quick, and he only nicks it as his scimitar passes by.
2010-08-26 20:35:32.844 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-26 20:36:03.072 DM: It grabs him, dealing 11 points of necrotic damage (5 resisted), and it appears to gain in strength. (It’s still bloodied, though.)
2010-08-26 20:36:24.674 DM: It also appears to heal the mound of entrails nearby.
2010-08-26 20:36:54.000 DM: Ironbrow is pummeled by flailing entrails for 4 more points of damage.
2010-08-26 20:37:49.728 DM: He then shifts, and with a nod at Dorvak, charges thunderously towards the creature by Jerric.
2010-08-26 20:38:00.129 DM: The corpse by him takes a swing as he runs away.
2010-08-26 20:38:26.457 DM: But it just barely misses him.
2010-08-26 20:39:44.061 Mox has joined the session
2010-08-26 20:39:54.137 Dorvak: ( :D )
2010-08-26 20:40:04.637 Jerric: (( Just in time! ))
2010-08-26 20:40:32.439 Jerric: (( That armor is more than pulling its weight, by the way ))
2010-08-26 20:40:49.415 Ironbrow: (( Huzzah! :D Sorry I’m late, had a meeting with the work brass. ))
2010-08-26 20:42:09.878 DM: Right as his player arrives, Ironbrow charges forth and delivers a thunderous blow to the creature, knocking it both back and silly.
2010-08-26 20:42:24.804 DM: But it remains standing.
2010-08-26 20:42:27.454 Ironbrow frowns./
2010-08-26 20:42:43.905 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-26 20:42:47.005 Jerric frowns at being flanked and immobile

View
The Search for Narl, Part 2

2010-08-19 21:16:32.590 DM: The small spriggan continue their assault on Dorvak.
2010-08-19 21:16:46.640 DM: One of them misses completely.
2010-08-19 21:17:20.342 DM: The other one whacks him with a solid blow from their pick, dealing 26 points of damage, and he is stunned.
2010-08-19 21:17:28.293 DM: Ironbrow is no longer stunned.
2010-08-19 21:17:38.618 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-19 21:18:14.295 Jerric obeys the compulsion and shifts away from the spriggan, but quickly pulls out his bow and fires an arrow
2010-08-19 21:18:20.646 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow Prime Shot (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1): 14 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 31
2010-08-19 21:18:25.996 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W + Dex (d10 + 3 + 5): 9 + 3 + 5 = 17
2010-08-19 21:18:26.896 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 2 + 2 = 4
2010-08-19 21:18:49.472 DM: Jerric’s arrow sticks into the creature’s flesh as it howls in rage.
2010-08-19 21:19:04.273 Jerric maneuvers around the creature while redrawing his scimitars
2010-08-19 21:19:08.823 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-19 21:19:12.501 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-19 21:20:03.332 DM: Lanley fires a pair of precisely aimed arrows at the wounded spriggan.
2010-08-19 21:20:16.407 DM: Unfortunately, aiming carefully doesn’t help him at all, and both are terrible shots.
2010-08-19 21:20:22.833 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-08-19 21:21:01.211 Ironbrow hacks at the one between him and Dorvak, aiming to crush its defenses. (Sunder Armor)
2010-08-19 21:21:03.836 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 4 + 16 = 20
2010-08-19 21:21:23.837 DM: Sadly, Ironbrow’s attack goes far wide.
2010-08-19 21:21:26.512 Ironbrow rallies Dorvak as best he can. (Inspiring Word)
2010-08-19 21:21:28.762 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 4 + 6 + 3 = 13
2010-08-19 21:21:44.813 Ironbrow takes a step away from the spriggan and steadies himself…
2010-08-19 21:22:19.715 Ironbrow hurls itself forward in a berserk barreling charge. (Action point, charge, Ruinous Onslaught)
2010-08-19 21:22:29.845 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 12 + 16 = 28
2010-08-19 21:22:33.220 Ironbrow: (29)
2010-08-19 21:22:39.946 DM: Ironbrow’s barreling assault hacks into the creature.
2010-08-19 21:22:48.323 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 2W (2d10 + 7): (10 + 6) + 7 = 23
2010-08-19 21:22:50.798 Ironbrow rolls d6: 5 = 5
2010-08-19 21:23:02.199 Ironbrow: (28 damage, it is dazed, I push it 1 square and move into that square)
2010-08-19 21:23:21.326 Ironbrow: (I’m at +1 defenses until the end of my next turn)
2010-08-19 21:23:30.576 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-08-19 21:24:05.953 DM: You’re actually at +2 all defenses.
2010-08-19 21:24:15.154 Ironbrow: (Well, the charge gave me a -1)
2010-08-19 21:24:40.757 DM: Charge has no defense penalty in 4E.
2010-08-19 21:24:50.283 Ironbrow: (I thought it was a -1 to AC and Reflex. Carry on!)
2010-08-19 21:24:53.558 Ironbrow: (herp derp)
2010-08-19 21:25:12.134 DM: The spriggan near Jerric swings its pick at him.
2010-08-19 21:25:37.636 DM: It hacks into him for 21 points of damage, and drags him to the side.
2010-08-19 21:25:43.786 Jerric attempts to throw off the spriggan’s attack with a quick strike
2010-08-19 21:25:54.412 Jerric: (( Er, can I still? Didn’t have much interrupt time ))
2010-08-19 21:26:00.937 DM: Go for it.
2010-08-19 21:26:04.987 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 5 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 20
2010-08-19 21:26:17.588 DM: Jerric’s attack sadly misses.
2010-08-19 21:26:18.688 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-19 21:26:35.139 DM: The creature then attempts to lay a compulsion on Jerric.
2010-08-19 21:26:44.115 DM: But he shakes it off once more.
2010-08-19 21:27:48.970 DM: The other large one attacks Ironbrow.
2010-08-19 21:28:08.196 DM: He attempts to block it, but it just barely slips past his guard.
2010-08-19 21:29:06.600 DM: Ironbrow is picked for 19 points of damage, in addition to being dragged to the side.
2010-08-19 21:29:20.325 DM: The creature then attempts to lay a complusion on him (two, actually).
2010-08-19 21:29:48.302 DM: Ironbrow must spend the first action on his turn moving or shifting away from the large spriggan, or be dazed.
2010-08-19 21:29:51.927 DM: In addition, he is marked by it.
2010-08-19 21:30:01.603 DM: Actually, scratch that.
2010-08-19 21:30:08.378 DM: No mark. Dazed.
2010-08-19 21:30:24.104 DM: ‘must move away’ compulsion is still in effect, that was all one attack.
2010-08-19 21:30:30.930 Ironbrow: (Noted)
2010-08-19 21:30:35.430 DM: Dorvak is stunned.
2010-08-19 21:30:57.431 DM: The longbow-wielder fires at Jerric.
2010-08-19 21:31:47.284 DM: Jerric is struck by the arrow for 13 points of damage. In addtion, he now grants combat advantage, and in addition, while distracted by being shot in the back, the other large spriggan swings at him.
2010-08-19 21:32:15.060 DM: And is hit by him, for 25 points of damage.
2010-08-19 21:32:36.487 Jerric: (( It has reach? ))
2010-08-19 21:32:43.187 DM: Yes.
2010-08-19 21:32:52.113 DM: Not threatening reach, which is why you didn’t get hit for moving around it earlier.
2010-08-19 21:33:32.116 DM: The small spriggan continue to hit Dorvak with their picks.
2010-08-19 21:33:38.966 DM: Or rather, try to.
2010-08-19 21:33:51.142 DM: Only one of the two succeeds, dealing him 16 points of damage.
2010-08-19 21:34:03.118 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-19 21:37:11.553 Jerric: (( How many squares does it cost to jump into the fountain? ))
2010-08-19 21:37:29.407 Jerric: (( And movement throught it, also how does it count? Concealment? ))
2010-08-19 21:37:44.183 DM: One extra square to cross over. Moving through it, and effects, you’ll have to find out when you get there.
2010-08-19 21:37:55.684 Dorvak: (stupid being stunned!)
2010-08-19 21:38:14.535 Jerric: (( Oh right, evil fountain and such. I was wondering if it counted as difficult terrain ))
2010-08-19 21:38:34.211 DM: Assuming there were no magic involved, it would be difficult obscured terrain.
2010-08-19 21:38:41.162 DM: (Obscured terrain provides concealment to anyone inside it.)
2010-08-19 21:39:27.839 Jerric shifts forward and attacks the spriggan
2010-08-19 21:39:38.465 Jerric: (( Frenzied skirmish ))
2010-08-19 21:39:44.215 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 9 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 24
2010-08-19 21:39:44.690 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 12 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
2010-08-19 21:39:52.916 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W + Str (d8 + 4 + 3 + 2): 2 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 11
2010-08-19 21:39:53.816 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W + Str (d8 + 4 + 2 + 2): 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 13
2010-08-19 21:39:55.092 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 8 + 1 = 9
2010-08-19 21:40:21.146 DM: Sadly, only your second attack hit.
2010-08-19 21:40:28.072 Jerric: (( But! That means its dazed ))
2010-08-19 21:40:33.622 DM: Excellent.
2010-08-19 21:41:00.248 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-08-19 21:41:13.177 DM: It is also bloodied.
2010-08-19 21:41:16.552 Jerric cleanly exits after hitting the spriggan and then breaks into a run around the fountain
2010-08-19 21:41:38.604 Ironbrow: (Meep, out of heal range now. :D)
2010-08-19 21:41:41.354 Jerric chugs a potion
2010-08-19 21:41:44.404 Ironbrow: (Okay, whew)
2010-08-19 21:42:03.255 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-19 21:42:31.007 DM: Lanley attempts to finish off the wounded spriggan.
2010-08-19 21:43:01.158 DM: And he succeeds, as one of his two arrows catches it in the chest.
2010-08-19 21:43:34.335 DM: Also, crap. Minor backwards time travel.
2010-08-19 21:43:43.911 Ironbrow: (We’re used to that. :D)
2010-08-19 21:43:46.061 DM: Dorvak was unstunned this round, I skipped him.
2010-08-19 21:44:30.013 DM: Hmm. Actually, I confused myself. One moment while I search.
2010-08-19 21:45:13.016 DM: Ok. I didn’t skip him. Dorvak is not stunned, but his turn has not yet come up.
2010-08-19 21:45:38.067 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-08-19 21:45:50.821 DM: (The compulsion faded when the creature died. You can do whatever you feel like.)
2010-08-19 21:46:24.648 Ironbrow grinds its limbs a bit and ignores the structural damage. (Warforged Resolve)
2010-08-19 21:47:21.401 Ironbrow slashes at the spriggan in front of it with a mechanical howl. (Warlord’s Favor)
2010-08-19 21:47:24.026 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 12 + 16 = 28
2010-08-19 21:47:27.352 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 2W (2d10 + 7): (2 + 4) + 7 = 13
2010-08-19 21:47:40.052 Ironbrow: (Dorvak gets +4 to hit it until the end of my next turn.)
2010-08-19 21:47:57.256 Ironbrow rallies Dorvak and keeps him on his feet. (Inspirational Attacker, buffed Inspiring Word)
2010-08-19 21:47:59.081 Ironbrow rolls Inspirational Attacker (3d6 + 5): (2 + 2 + 2) + 5 = 11
2010-08-19 21:48:04.307 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-08-19 21:48:50.111 DM: The large one that Jerric left wounded and confused wanders over towards the fight.
2010-08-19 21:48:58.612 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-19 21:49:38.514 Dorvak teleports next to the injured large beast!
2010-08-19 21:49:59.715 Dorvak attempts to tear it from this dimension
2010-08-19 21:49:59.990 Dorvak rolls Transposing Lunge (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 17 + 14 = 31
2010-08-19 21:50:04.016 Dorvak rolls 2W (2d10 + 9): (2 + 8) + 9 = 19
2010-08-19 21:50:23.967 DM: Dorvak’s axe tears into the creature as he rips it between realities momentarily.
2010-08-19 21:51:04.144 Dorvak: (done)
2010-08-19 21:51:18.820 DM: The longbow-wielder fires at Dorvak.
2010-08-19 21:51:36.774 DM: His shot is painfully good.
2010-08-19 21:52:00.375 DM: Dorvak is hit with an arrow for 21 points of damage, grants combat advantage, and the large creature swings its pick down while he is distracted.
2010-08-19 21:52:30.477 DM: However, Dorvak gets his field of force in place to deflect the descending pick with plenty of time to spare.
2010-08-19 21:53:00.704 DM: Ironbrow gets an attack of opportunity as a spriggan ignores him and flies along the ground towards Dorvak.
2010-08-19 21:53:12.580 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 13 + 16 = 29
2010-08-19 21:53:14.706 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 1W (d10 + 7): 3 + 7 = 10
2010-08-19 21:53:24.631 DM: Ironbrow’s sword hacks into the creature as it moves away.
2010-08-19 21:54:01.333 DM: Once again, only one of them manages to hit him.
2010-08-19 21:54:10.059 DM: However, it’s a good one.
2010-08-19 21:54:26.310 DM: Dorvak takes a war pick in the back for 28 points of damage.
2010-08-19 21:55:04.412 Dorvak: As the pick digs in Dorvak gains a sudden rush of energy (reactive surge)
2010-08-19 21:55:32.788 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-19 21:55:59.240 Jerric: (( Just double checking, but this is a clean shot, right? ))
2010-08-19 21:56:06.240 Jerric: (( At big 2 ))
2010-08-19 21:56:22.591 DM: Yep.
2010-08-19 21:57:01.693 Jerric readies his bow and fires two arrows at his previous assailant
2010-08-19 21:57:13.644 Jerric: (( Attacks on the Run ))
2010-08-19 21:57:16.219 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 19 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 35
2010-08-19 21:57:16.544 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 3 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 19
2010-08-19 21:57:25.670 Jerric rolls Critical, Longbow 3W + Dex (30 + 3d6 + 5 + 3): 30 + (2 + 5 + 2) + 5 + 3 = 47
2010-08-19 21:57:26.395 Jerric rolls Critical, Longbow 3W + Dex (30 + 3d6 + 5 + 3): 30 + (5 + 1 + 2) + 5 + 3 = 46
2010-08-19 21:57:29.420 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 3 + 6 = 9
2010-08-19 21:57:40.821 Jerric: (( Er, whoops, wrong macro ))
2010-08-19 21:57:51.571 DM: I was pretty sure you didn’t have 19-20 crit range yet.
2010-08-19 21:58:15.348 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 3W + Dex (3d10 + 3 + 5): (4 + 9 + 10) + 3 + 5 = 31
2010-08-19 21:58:15.648 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 3W + Dex (3d10 + 3 + 5): (9 + 7 + 2) + 3 + 5 = 26
2010-08-19 21:58:25.048 Jerric: (( Half on miss ))
2010-08-19 21:58:53.200 DM: Excellent. So a total of 53.
2010-08-19 21:59:15.251 DM: Jerric’s arrows stick out of its back as it falls over with a surprised look on its face.
2010-08-19 21:59:51.378 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-19 22:00:16.882 DM: Lanley fires at the injured spriggan.
2010-08-19 22:00:28.633 DM: Both his arrows connect solidly.
2010-08-19 22:00:47.409 DM: It is now bloodied.
2010-08-19 22:01:02.360 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-08-19 22:01:24.487 Ironbrow charges the nearest spriggan.
2010-08-19 22:01:30.162 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 3 + 16 = 19
2010-08-19 22:01:34.512 Ironbrow: (boo)
2010-08-19 22:01:49.663 DM: Sadly, a modified 22 still mosses.
2010-08-19 22:02:03.964 Ironbrow bolsters Dorvak again.
2010-08-19 22:02:06.564 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 3 + 2 + 6 = 11
2010-08-19 22:02:11.989 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-08-19 22:02:29.440 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-19 22:03:18.194 Dorvak holds out his axe head as it bursts into an electric storm
2010-08-19 22:03:21.194 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 20 + 12 = 32
2010-08-19 22:03:21.894 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 13 + 12 = 25
2010-08-19 22:03:33.645 Dorvak: pick because I didnt specify
2010-08-19 22:03:36.295 Dorvak: because Im dumb
2010-08-19 22:03:45.221 DM: It hits both of them.
2010-08-19 22:03:49.246 Dorvak: oh yeah
2010-08-19 22:03:56.896 Dorvak: wait no I mean which one is which roll
2010-08-19 22:04:00.721 Dorvak: one is a crit
2010-08-19 22:04:07.147 DM: Ah, good point.
2010-08-19 22:04:10.622 DM: 1 then 2.
2010-08-19 22:04:13.522 Dorvak: kk
2010-08-19 22:04:18.847 Dorvak rolls Electrified Lash Damage (2d8 + 7): (8 + 1) + 7 = 16
2010-08-19 22:04:26.998 Dorvak rolls 16 + 3d6 + 7: 16 + 6 + 5 + 1 + 7 = 35
2010-08-19 22:05:18.705 Dorvak: (done)
2010-08-19 22:05:42.856 DM: The longbow-wielder fires at Ironbrow.
2010-08-19 22:06:09.958 DM: Hitting him with a glancing blow, as the arrow scrapes along his plating for 16 points of damage. And Ironbrow grants combat advantage.
2010-08-19 22:06:33.484 Jerric: (( Am I still granting from that? ))
2010-08-19 22:06:46.585 DM: No. I’m being terrible about calling the end of that effect.
2010-08-19 22:06:50.435 DM: It lasts until the end of his next turn.
2010-08-19 22:07:27.412 DM: One of the spriggan draws an opportunity attack from Dorvak.
2010-08-19 22:07:54.764 Dorvak rolls Basic attack (d20 + 13): 14 + 13 = 27
2010-08-19 22:08:02.939 DM: The spriggan is axed as it hops away.
2010-08-19 22:08:37.916 Dorvak rolls 1W (d10 + 9): 3 + 9 = 12
2010-08-19 22:09:17.545 DM: It moves around Ironbrow as the two spriggan attack him.
2010-08-19 22:09:25.348 Ironbrow: (Uh oh.)
2010-08-19 22:10:41.707 DM: Both of them assault him with their war picks….possible severe structural damage would result, had not a field of force sprung up to protect Ironbrow.
2010-08-19 22:12:02.487 DM: One of them hammers their pick (yes, it’s a proper use of the verb!) into the base of Ironbrow’s neck. Fortunately, a field of force protected him from this assault, and he only takes 35 points of damage (20 absorbed, 1 resisted).
2010-08-19 22:12:29.339 DM: The other, though still a hit, is much less effective, dealing only 13 points of damage (1 resisted).
2010-08-19 22:12:45.964 Ironbrow collapses.
2010-08-19 22:13:34.517 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-19 22:14:58.674 Jerric fires a pair of arrows at the closest spriggan
2010-08-19 22:15:02.449 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 1 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 17
2010-08-19 22:15:02.749 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 14 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 30
2010-08-19 22:15:08.725 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 7 + 3 = 10
2010-08-19 22:15:09.225 DM: The second arrow connects.
2010-08-19 22:15:09.525 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 3 + 8 = 11
2010-08-19 22:15:17.525 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-19 22:15:21.150 DM: It is now bloodied.
2010-08-19 22:15:28.926 DM: Lanley fires arrows at both spriggan.
2010-08-19 22:15:43.202 DM: (Man, nat 20’s on Split the Tree all over the place. That’s twice in a row.)
2010-08-19 22:16:23.554 Ironbrow: (Curiosity wonders if I’m getting natural 20’d in the back of my metal skull here. :D Those little dudes kicked my ass solid.)
2010-08-19 22:16:37.680 DM: Yep. The massive, massive blow was a crit, and a war pick is a high crit weapon.
2010-08-19 22:17:25.232 DM: Both of the spriggan are seriously wounded as Lanley shoots one in the eye and the other in the throat, but they remain standing.
2010-08-19 22:17:32.783 DM: Ironbrow: Death save.
2010-08-19 22:17:56.409 Ironbrow rolls d20: 5 = 5
2010-08-19 22:18:26.338 DM: I assume you choose enact your racial option to take a 10 instead.
2010-08-19 22:18:47.939 DM: (Warforged can’t fail death saves. You always have the option to take a 10 instead of your roll.)
2010-08-19 22:19:11.666 Ironbrow: (I totally did not ever realize that. I was just looking at Warforged Resilience for the save bonus against ongoing damage.)
2010-08-19 22:19:20.791 Ironbrow: (If so, I just lay there like the robo-lump I am.)
2010-08-19 22:19:38.942 DM: It’s still good to roll, because you can roll a 20 and spend the surge; but if you roll below 10, you get to treat it as a 10.
2010-08-19 22:19:42.017 Ironbrow: (Aha, the short description of it cuts it off.)
2010-08-19 22:19:46.768 Ironbrow: (Carry on.)
2010-08-19 22:19:55.043 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-19 22:20:52.524 Dorvak slices at the spriggan, lightning trailing his axe
2010-08-19 22:20:53.174 Dorvak rolls Lightning Clash Primary (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 3 + 14 = 17
2010-08-19 22:21:06.754 DM: Sadly, LIghtning Clash is, well, Lightning Clash.
2010-08-19 22:21:15.130 Dorvak: (ive hit with it 4 times I think!)
2010-08-19 22:21:30.430 DM: The longbow wielder fires at Jerric.
2010-08-19 22:21:52.407 DM: Jerric momentarily drops to the ground in a scramble to dodge the arrow, and succeeds. (pure flavor text)
2010-08-19 22:22:23.735 DM: The spriggan attack Dorvak with their picks.
2010-08-19 22:24:36.467 DM: Only one of the two connects, but it is a serious hit, stabbing with the pick deep into his arm for 41 points of damage.
2010-08-19 22:24:46.943 DM: Jerric.
2010-08-19 22:25:35.871 Ironbrow: (Good grief, these things are terrible. :D)
2010-08-19 22:25:52.396 Jerric: (( Yeah, quite ))
2010-08-19 22:27:15.703 Jerric fires a pair of arrows at the bloodied spriggan
2010-08-19 22:27:19.753 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 12 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 28
2010-08-19 22:27:20.028 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 4 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 20
2010-08-19 22:27:26.154 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 4 + 3 = 7
2010-08-19 22:27:27.429 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 7 + 5 = 12
2010-08-19 22:27:28.529 Jerric rolls Damage, Gauntlets of Blood (2): 2 = 2
2010-08-19 22:27:43.530 DM: Jerric’s first arrow connects, finishing it off.
2010-08-19 22:27:54.005 Jerric: (( Resume the Hunt ))
2010-08-19 22:27:55.656 DM: (By the way, they’re both bloodied, I just failed at updating status on the other one)
2010-08-19 22:29:04.239 Jerric drinks another potion
2010-08-19 22:29:18.240 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-08-19 22:29:35.066 DM: Lanley fires.
2010-08-19 22:29:46.817 DM: His second arrow connects, finishing off the other small spriggan.
2010-08-19 22:29:55.542 DM: Ironbrow: Death save.
2010-08-19 22:30:03.418 Ironbrow rolls d20: 1 = 1
2010-08-19 22:30:06.818 Ironbrow: (Jeez)
2010-08-19 22:30:11.418 DM: Well, good thing you’re a warforged.
2010-08-19 22:30:15.294 Ironbrow: (I’ll say.)
2010-08-19 22:30:27.894 Jerric: (( Is a 1 particularly bad, or just a fail? ))
2010-08-19 22:30:29.744 DM: Dorvak.
2010-08-19 22:30:31.269 DM: Just a fail.
2010-08-19 22:30:41.945 DM: But he’d be at two strikes, one more fail = death, if he weren’t a warforged.
2010-08-19 22:30:51.521 Dorvak places a mark upon him
2010-08-19 22:31:00.696 Dorvak stikes down accempting to encase him in sound
2010-08-19 22:31:03.321 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 1 + 14 = 15
2010-08-19 22:31:19.072 DM: Dorvak’s axe is…..less than entirely accurate.
2010-08-19 22:31:27.600 Dorvak: (done)
2010-08-19 22:31:42.450 DM: The longbow wielder provokes an attack from Dorvak.
2010-08-19 22:31:55.201 Jerric: (( Couldn’t move him to where I can flank him? ))
2010-08-19 22:32:13.227 Jerric: (( Guess you can’t in 1 turn move ))
2010-08-19 22:33:25.232 DM: He hops into the fountain and disappears.
2010-08-19 22:33:47.537 Dorvak rushes to ironbrow
2010-08-19 22:33:58.287 Dorvak: "How…how do I tend to his wounds anyway?"
2010-08-19 22:34:08.488 Lanley: “That’s a very good question.”
2010-08-19 22:34:20.965 DM: Lanley pokes and fiddles at Ironbrow.
2010-08-19 22:34:28.840 DM: (Ironbrow can spend his second wind.)
2010-08-19 22:34:41.645 Ironbrow shudders and eventually climbs back to its feet.
2010-08-19 22:35:08.071 DM: And it being 10:30, we will call it there.
2010-08-19 22:35:13.372 DM: Man MM3-compliant monsters are brutal.
2010-08-19 22:35:22.147 Jerric: Seriously.
2010-08-19 22:35:24.597 Ironbrow: Wow.
2010-08-19 22:35:27.922 Dorvak: So mean!
2010-08-19 22:35:28.222 Ironbrow: Those things kicked our ass.
2010-08-19 22:35:38.398 Ironbrow: Half our HP pools on some of those hits. :D
2010-08-19 22:36:02.424 DM: It was a level 13 encounter for 4 PCs, by xp budget, but the combonation of the warlord-guy in the back with the stunning, bonus-damage-on-moving guys was painful.
2010-08-19 22:37:01.732 Dorvak: stuns are such jerks
2010-08-19 22:37:07.234 Dorvak: on the plus side double marking is neat
2010-08-19 22:37:07.834 Jerric: Yes, yes they are
2010-08-19 22:37:40.486 Ironbrow: I do love my paragon path and what it does to my charges. I just need to not fall down next time. :D
2010-08-19 22:38:15.213 DM: Everyone loves charging and falling down.
2010-08-19 22:38:20.063 Jerric: Haha
2010-08-19 22:38:28.314 Dorvak: Was fun, see you next time!
2010-08-19 22:38:29.839 Dorvak: :D
2010-08-19 22:38:31.614 Jerric: See you
2010-08-19 22:38:35.265 Voraath has left the session
2010-08-19 22:38:36.665 Unearthly has left the session
2010-08-19 22:38:39.614 Ironbrow: Have a good one.
2010-08-19 22:38:41.239 Your connection to the host was lost.
2010-08-19 22:38:41.242 Disconnected.

View

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.