Evil that Returns

The Search for Narl, Part 5

PLAY 2010-09-09 18:26:00.276

2010-09-09 18:26:00.518
2010-09-09 18:26:00.518 Welcome to Gametable 2.0.RC2.
2010-09-09 18:26:30.630 Joined game
2010-09-09 18:26:30.759 DM has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:26:55.151 DM loads a new map.
2010-09-09 18:36:55.199 Your connection to the host was lost.
2010-09-09 18:36:55.203 Disconnected.
2010-09-09 18:37:01.208 Joined game
2010-09-09 18:37:01.300 DM has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:47:03.201 Your connection to the host was lost.
2010-09-09 18:47:03.203 Disconnected.
2010-09-09 18:47:08.416 Joined game
2010-09-09 18:47:08.525 DM has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761 <u>Who’s connected</u>
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761      Ironbrow (Mox)
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761      DM (DM)
2010-09-09 18:49:37.761 2 players
2010-09-09 18:49:43.835 <u>Who’s connected</u>
2010-09-09 18:49:43.836      Ironbrow (Mox)
2010-09-09 18:49:43.836      DM (DM)
2010-09-09 18:49:43.836 2 players
2010-09-09 18:53:27.690 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-09-09 18:53:45.241 Ironbrow: And I have now located and ordered a copy of the Valley of Dust and Fire.
My Dark Sun addiction returns in full force.
2010-09-09 18:54:34.194 DM: Excellent.
2010-09-09 18:58:45.910 Voraath has joined the session
2010-09-09 19:06:50.412 DM: Currently searching for Morthos. Starting will occur soon, hopefully.
2010-09-09 19:06:54.837 Ironbrow: No worries.
2010-09-09 19:15:15.521 DM: Searching failed for now, we’ll just start and he can join when we find
him. Everyone ready to go?
2010-09-09 19:16:01.973 Ironbrow: Set here.
2010-09-09 19:16:06.724 Dorvak nods
2010-09-09 19:16:08.774 Jerric: Ready
2010-09-09 19:16:55.255 DM: When last we left our heroes, they had just finished re-slaying some
animaated corpses (and piles of corpse-related things) that had been
animated by a fountain filled with a resorvoir of energy to defend itself
from their plans to drain it with a ritual known to Morthos.
2010-09-09 19:17:23.333 DM: As an enormous silver beacon light shines behind them from the first
fountain they drained, they are ready for anything, not knowing what will
happen this time.
2010-09-09 19:18:25.387 Ironbrow shakes the gore off of its sword. “Is everyone functional?”
2010-09-09 19:18:51.163 Dorvak: "Fine over here."
2010-09-09 19:19:04.614 Jerric nods
2010-09-09 19:19:11.589 Lanley: “I’m all right.
2010-09-09 19:19:13.239 ”user">DM: Morthos nods.
2010-09-09 19:19:14.114 Jerric: "Still good for a bit."
2010-09-09 19:19:58.294 Ironbrow: (Did he start the ritual before these things attacked? I missed that by
showing up late last game.)
2010-09-09 19:20:18.295 DM: He did not. The things attacked while being dragged away.
2010-09-09 19:20:35.971 Ironbrow: "Proceed, we will stand guard."
2010-09-09 19:21:31.999 DM: Morthos nods and begins drawing forth energy to cast the ritual, after
first moving closer to the fountain.
2010-09-09 19:22:41.453 DM: The next ten minutes are rather exciting, as the green light in the
fountain fluxes, and appears to try to fight back, but it seems that it
spent what defensive efforts it coud already, for nothing of great import
happens. Green tendrils flare up and out, but they encounter an invisible
barrier at the edge of the fountain and glance off as Morthos’ ritual
successfully contains them.
2010-09-09 19:23:09.080 DM: After ten minutes, the ritual is complete, and once again, the fountain
explodes into an enormous towering beacon of silver light shooting up into
the sky.
2010-09-09 19:23:26.406 Morthos has joined the session
2010-09-09 19:24:09.009 Dorvak: "I don’t think stealth is going to be our ace in the hole right now."
2010-09-09 19:24:17.860 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 3 + 15 = 18
2010-09-09 19:24:57.962 Jerric: "Well we don’t need to stick around, shall we head to the next fountain?"
2010-09-09 19:25:12.738 Ironbrow nods.
2010-09-09 19:25:38.664 Dorvak: "We will need to be careful at the next fountain if it requires a fight
like the past two."
2010-09-09 19:26:22.417 Dorvak: "That being said let’s get a move on."
2010-09-09 19:26:54.028 DM: What method of travel are you using to get to the next fountain?
2010-09-09 19:27:01.328 Jerric: (( Airship ))
2010-09-09 19:27:07.503 Ironbrow: (If possible, aye.)
2010-09-09 19:27:35.530 DM: Indeed. Lanley calls over the airship, and you are once again airlifted
to another corner of the city. The trip takes about twenty minutes.
2010-09-09 19:27:54.131 DM: (The map is heavily abstrcted.)
2010-09-09 19:29:45.002 DM: Once again, spriggan carrying sacks move through the city streets,
oblivious to all around them.
2010-09-09 19:29:50.929 DM Recenters everyone’s view!
2010-09-09 19:30:33.884 Ironbrow indicates the creatures and makes to follow them.
2010-09-09 19:32:20.491 DM: From Dorvak’s position, he can see through the alley between the
buildings, a small blob of green mist.
2010-09-09 19:32:46.343 Jerric: "We don’t need to be so careful, let’s move forward and ignore these ones."
2010-09-09 19:32:51.743 DM: (Crap, that’s almost invisible. Let me try to find another color.)
2010-09-09 19:33:00.319 DM: (There we go.)
2010-09-09 19:33:38.371 Jerric waves his allies on
2010-09-09 19:34:36.549 DM: This fountain is smaller than the other two, but otherwise looks the same.
2010-09-09 19:35:01.376 Jerric: (( My gametable is going nuts, full cpu, anyone else? ))
2010-09-09 19:35:10.751 Ironbrow: (( Seems okay so far. ))
2010-09-09 19:35:20.527 Jerric: (( brb ))
2010-09-09 19:35:55.604 Unearthly has left the session
2010-09-09 19:36:01.229 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-09-09 19:36:16.230 Jerric: (( Seems good now ))
2010-09-09 19:37:06.684 Ironbrow sets its stance and keeps the sword gripped tightly.
2010-09-09 19:37:26.186 DM: The spriggan toss their sacks into the fountain.
2010-09-09 19:37:56.764 DM: With a flash of green light, they then jump in themselves and disappear.
2010-09-09 19:38:12.215 Ironbrow glances at the clouds to see if they pose a threat.
2010-09-09 19:38:16.865 DM: Arcana.
2010-09-09 19:38:20.315 Ironbrow rolls Skill: Arcana (d20 + 13): 20 + 13 = 33
2010-09-09 19:38:29.515 Ironbrow: (And there go my attack rolls for the ENTIRE night.)
2010-09-09 19:39:16.818 Dorvak: (Good ol skill checks. Ruining attack rolls since forever!)
2010-09-09 19:39:29.844 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 10 + 15 = 25
2010-09-09 19:41:01.724 Ironbrow: "Avoid these clouds, they are a form of sorcerous hazard. I do not know
exactly what the effects would be, but I know with certainty that it is a
corruption of elemental energy."
2010-09-09 19:41:17.800 Morthos: "It’s a trap!"
2010-09-09 19:41:23.725 Ironbrow: (YES)
2010-09-09 19:41:33.951 Ironbrow: (hahaha)
2010-09-09 19:42:04.180 DM: (Ackbar will never stop being funny.)
2010-09-09 19:42:52.058 Dorvak: "Should we try to get this ritual underway before enemies appear?"
2010-09-09 19:43:06.358 Dorvak: "Or hold off until they do so Morthos can aid in the battle."
2010-09-09 19:43:12.984 Ironbrow: "If possible, I would like to see if we can do anything about these clouds
first."
2010-09-09 19:43:32.710 Ironbrow: "The energy might be able to be drained from it, or there many be some
sort of focus.)
2010-09-09 19:43:35.160 Ironbrow: "
2010-09-09 19:43:48.286 Jerric: "It could certainly prove a hindrance while fighting."
2010-09-09 19:43:53.611 Morthos: "If we can find the focus stone I could destroy the clouds"
2010-09-09 19:44:04.487 Ironbrow looks towards the fountain.
2010-09-09 19:44:08.487 Jerric: "Is the fountain not the focus?"
2010-09-09 19:44:20.938 Ironbrow: "A smaller part of it may be."
2010-09-09 19:45:22.466 Dorvak: "The ground we are standing on isn’t as stable as the rest of this
town…It’s almost like a sand dune"
2010-09-09 19:45:43.592 Ironbrow looks down.
2010-09-09 19:46:08.119 DM: It looks normal to you, and you haven’t noticed anything too strange about
it (besides the half-footprint quality that’s been standard for this town).
2010-09-09 19:47:23.498 Dorvak: "The gas might weaken the area—soften the ground to keep us captive if we
activate the traps."
2010-09-09 19:48:25.128 Ironbrow: (Do I see anything on the fountain, some kind of ornament or embellshment,
that might be a focus stone?)
2010-09-09 19:48:39.478 DM: Perception.
2010-09-09 19:48:48.254 DM: You are about 50 feet away from it, after all.
2010-09-09 19:48:48.679 Ironbrow rolls Skill: Perception (d20 + 5): 2 + 5 = 7
2010-09-09 19:49:21.558 DM: You do not see anything interesting besides the obvious fact that it is an
evil fountain with a knot of green mist around the center of the
waterspray.
2010-09-09 19:49:46.536 Jerric looks around for anything of note besides the mist
2010-09-09 19:49:48.536 Jerric rolls Skill, Perception (d20 + 5 + 5 + 1): 3 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 14
2010-09-09 19:50:09.663 DM: Jerric and Lanley both intently peer at the fountain, but neither of them
notices anything particular.
2010-09-09 19:51:11.191 Ironbrow: "Time is wasting. We may have to make the best of the battlefield."
2010-09-09 19:52:02.671 Jerric nods
2010-09-09 19:52:14.572 Dorvak kicks at the ground a bit, picks up a rock at tosses it into the gas cloud nearest him
2010-09-09 19:52:42.748 DM: The gas cloud EXPLODES with reaching tendrids of green mist, dripping a
foul substance!
2010-09-09 19:52:57.599 DM: Lanley, Ironbrow, Dorvak, and Jerric are in the area of effect (it is a
close burst 5).
2010-09-09 19:53:06.925 Dorvak: (( >.> ))
2010-09-09 19:53:22.576 Ironbrow: (( I vote for the use of several arrows to blow these things up
prematurely.)
2010-09-09 19:54:08.828 DM: Dorvak and Jerric resist the effects of the tendrils. Lanley is caught by
a grazing blow. Ironbrow suddenly finds a tendril forcing its noxious
substance into his skull through his eyes.
2010-09-09 19:54:38.880 DM: Ironbrow takes 15 points of (acid and necrotic) damage. Lanley takes 14.
2010-09-09 19:54:51.908 DM: The tendrils then pull back into the cloud, and hang there in the air.
2010-09-09 19:55:12.661 Ironbrow makes an odd metallic coughing sound and waves the cloud’s tendrils away.
2010-09-09 19:55:20.686 Jerric: "Warn us before you do something like that!"
2010-09-09 19:55:42.838 Dorvak: "You know. I didn’t expect a rock to set it off! Learn something new
every day."
2010-09-09 19:55:56.663 Jerric: "Then why did you do it…?"
2010-09-09 19:56:14.764 Dorvak: "On your guard! I think something might be coming from below."
2010-09-09 19:56:40.292 Dorvak: "Seemed benign enough anyway!"
2010-09-09 19:57:00.393 DM: Moments after Dorvak’s shout of warning, you all can feel the ground
rumbling.
2010-09-09 19:58:10.223 DM: Moments after that, and something bursts through the ground up into the
center of the fountain, as waving tentacles burst up out of the ground
around it. As the dirt showers off it, you can see that it looks like
nothing so much as a hard, hooked squid beak, and it emits a warbling cry
that sounds angry.
2010-09-09 19:58:16.998 DM: Initiative!
2010-09-09 19:58:31.349 Ironbrow: (Man, we got Yogged.)
2010-09-09 19:58:32.999 Ironbrow rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 5 + 8 = 13
2010-09-09 19:58:38.300 Dorvak rolls Initiative(near Ironbrow) (d20 + 7): 4 + 7 = 11
2010-09-09 19:58:58.951 Jerric rolls Initiative (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3): 10 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 27
2010-09-09 19:59:31.253 Morthos rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 11 + 8 = 19
2010-09-09 19:59:54.904 Jerric: (( For the purposes of quarry, is each tentacle a target? Or the whole
thing? ))
2010-09-09 20:00:05.030 DM: Each tentacle is a seperate creature mechanically.
2010-09-09 20:00:56.359 Jerric: (( Begin the Hunt ))
2010-09-09 20:01:12.485 Jerric: (( Use while rolling init, +2 init ))
2010-09-09 20:01:33.512 DM: Initiative modified to 29. The tentacles remain first.
2010-09-09 20:01:55.739 Jerric: (( Ok, the closest is my quarry that I get +2 attack bonus against ))
2010-09-09 20:02:46.766 DM: Ironbrow and Jerric are attacked by tentacles that attempt to wrap around
them.
2010-09-09 20:03:25.418 DM: Both of them are wrapped around, for 10 damage (Ironbrow resists 1, takes
9) and are grabbed.
2010-09-09 20:03:34.044 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 20:03:53.470 Jerric attempts to escape the grab
2010-09-09 20:04:03.645 Jerric rolls Skill, Acrobatics (d20 + 5 + 5 + 5 – 1 + 1): 5 + 5 + 5 + 5 – 1 + 1 = 20
2010-09-09 20:04:25.096 DM: Jerric wriggles around, but the tentacle’s grip is firm.
2010-09-09 20:04:36.073 Jerric: (( Can I attack while grabbed? )
2010-09-09 20:05:10.575 DM: Absolutely.
2010-09-09 20:05:13.400 DM: You can’t move.
2010-09-09 20:05:35.226 Jerric attacks the tentacle in retaliation
2010-09-09 20:05:38.527 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 18 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 33
2010-09-09 20:05:38.827 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 15 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 29
2010-09-09 20:05:46.077 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 6 + 3 + 2 = 11
2010-09-09 20:05:48.852 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 8 + 2 + 2 = 12
2010-09-09 20:05:51.677 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 4 + 6 = 10
2010-09-09 20:05:56.153 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 20:06:01.403 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 20:06:12.929 DM: Jerric hacks the tentacle to pieces, but as it falls apart, it attempts to
fling him out of its grasp.
2010-09-09 20:06:54.656 DM: It successfully flings him away, dealing him 20 damage and hurling him
five squares back.
2010-09-09 20:07:17.482 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 20:10:07.754 Morthos casts storm cage
2010-09-09 20:11:08.418 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 10 + 13 = 23
2010-09-09 20:11:09.018 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 2 + 13 = 15
2010-09-09 20:11:09.593 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 8 + 13 = 21
2010-09-09 20:11:46.420 DM: The tentacles dodge out of the way of the sizzling blast of lightning, but
the enormous beak is not so quick.
2010-09-09 20:12:01.271 Morthos rolls Storm Cage (4d6 + 5): (4 + 1 + 5 + 6) + 5 = 21
2010-09-09 20:12:10.371 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 20:12:45.124 DM: Lanley moves back, draws his bow, and fires at the tentable grabbing
Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:13:04.100 DM: His arrow pierces it as it falls to the ground.
2010-09-09 20:13:16.251 DM: He quickly tries to make a second shot on another tentacle, but his aim is
terrible.
2010-09-09 20:13:23.251 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:13:59.928 Ironbrow begins its thundering avalanche towards the central creature.
2010-09-09 20:14:19.854 DM: You may wish to watch out for the enormous cage of lightning.
2010-09-09 20:14:20.880 Jerric: (( Don’t run into the cage ))
2010-09-09 20:14:29.055 Ironbrow: (Yar, trying to plot a course.)
2010-09-09 20:14:44.806 Ironbrow: (Move 1 taken, move 2…)
2010-09-09 20:15:15.115 Ironbrow: (inspiring word on self)
2010-09-09 20:15:19.115 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 2 + 4 + 6 = 12
2010-09-09 20:16:01.492 Ironbrow: (Scratch move 2, just taking the first move, and activating the armor
property.)
2010-09-09 20:16:07.793 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-09-09 20:16:14.493 DM: Dorvak.
2010-09-09 20:17:19.422 Dorvak places a mark on the tentacle he is facing
2010-09-09 20:17:35.973 Dorvak swings down with a thunderous clap
2010-09-09 20:17:36.323 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 7 + 14 = 21
2010-09-09 20:17:59.774 DM: Dorvak’s axe glances off the tentacle’s scales.
2010-09-09 20:18:05.749 Dorvak: (done)
2010-09-09 20:18:37.055 DM: The two tentacles in the cage surge foward, and are charred to a crisp by
lightning.
2010-09-09 20:18:57.533 DM: Dorvak and Ironbrow are attacked by tentacles.
2010-09-09 20:19:34.861 DM: Dorvak very nearly dodges both of them, but instead, they both strike him,
and he is grabbed by the northernmost one. For a total of 20 points of
damage.
2010-09-09 20:20:09.888 DM: Ironbrow is also struck once, for 10 points of damage, though he is not so
nearly missed. A burst of necrotic energy from his armor strikes the
tentacle, and it falls to the ground lifeless.
2010-09-09 20:20:39.668 DM: (Also, Ironbrow only takes 9 damage, 1 resisted.)
2010-09-09 20:20:55.569 Ironbrow: (Grabbed too, I imagine.)
2010-09-09 20:21:02.870 DM: No, because it died for hitting you.
2010-09-09 20:21:07.545 Ironbrow: (Oh, derp.)
2010-09-09 20:21:15.145 Ironbrow: (Sorry, i have the dumb.)
2010-09-09 20:21:56.905 DM: Three more tentacles surge out of the ground.
2010-09-09 20:22:06.130 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 20:23:48.488 Jerric fires an arrow at each of the tentacles surrounding Dorvak
2010-09-09 20:23:51.713 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 6 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 22
2010-09-09 20:23:51.988 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 7 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 23
2010-09-09 20:23:59.364 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 2 + 3 = 5
2010-09-09 20:23:59.614 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 3 + 3 = 6
2010-09-09 20:24:00.714 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 8 + 6 = 14
2010-09-09 20:24:23.590 DM: Jerric’s arrows both glance off their scales.
2010-09-09 20:25:12.968 Jerric then runs to backup Dorvak, taking on the tentacle behind him
2010-09-09 20:25:21.493 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 20:25:26.369 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 20:25:37.294 DM: Jerric’s whirling blades slice up the tentacle.
2010-09-09 20:25:50.445 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 20:27:55.238 DM: (I had a tentacle in the wrong space. It has been corrected.)
2010-09-09 20:28:03.814 Morthos casts fireburst
2010-09-09 20:28:09.989 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 2 + 13 = 15
2010-09-09 20:28:10.714 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 7 + 13 = 20
2010-09-09 20:28:16.489 DM: Ouch.
2010-09-09 20:28:34.615 DM: The tentacles whip around to avoid the searing flames.
2010-09-09 20:28:49.641 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 20:29:15.949 DM: Lanley fires at the tentacles by Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:29:32.450 DM: Hitting once.
2010-09-09 20:29:39.300 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:29:43.725 Dorvak: "If tentacles keep coming up from the group Ironbrow and I should try to
take care of them while Morthos Lanely and Jerric try to take down the
mouth!"
2010-09-09 20:30:13.977 Ironbrow nods and shifts its weight to prepare to change tactics.
2010-09-09 20:30:23.428 Ironbrow: "Focus on the central creature, we will hold the tentacles then!"
2010-09-09 20:31:08.805 Ironbrow moves up to cut down one of the tentacles.
2010-09-09 20:31:11.005 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 3 + 16 = 19
2010-09-09 20:31:32.457 Ironbrow bolsters Jerric with battle orders (Inspiring Word)
2010-09-09 20:31:34.432 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 4 + 3 + 1 = 8
2010-09-09 20:31:34.957 DM: Sadly, Ironbrow’s sword swings mightily through the air.
2010-09-09 20:31:50.408 Ironbrow: (Done)
2010-09-09 20:32:05.683 DM: Dorvak. (Remember, you’re grabbed by the tentacle adjacent to you.)
2010-09-09 20:33:07.167 Dorvak teleports to free himself from the grab
2010-09-09 20:33:38.294 Dorvak activates impenetrable warding
2010-09-09 20:34:20.025 Dorvak slices down at the tentacle in front of him
2010-09-09 20:34:20.275 Dorvak rolls Booming Blade (vs. AC) (d20 + 14): 9 + 14 = 23
2010-09-09 20:34:36.876 Jerric: (( Do we need to get on top of the edge of the fountain to melee the
mouth? ))
2010-09-09 20:34:55.332 DM: Either that or in the fountain.
2010-09-09 20:35:12.688 DM: Dorvak’s axe scrapes alongside the creature, shaving off scales, but just
barely missing.
2010-09-09 20:35:13.738 Jerric: (( Does that countain as difficult? Moving into that square ))
2010-09-09 20:35:19.514 Dorvak: (done.)
2010-09-09 20:35:25.814 DM: Yes.
2010-09-09 20:35:45.340 DM: Edit; Dorvak gets a +2 to hit from his teleport power, and hacks the
tentacle in half.
2010-09-09 20:36:17.095 DM: Tentacles attack Dorvak and Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:38:12.355 Dorvak: As one of the tentacles looks to hit ironbrow Dorvak smashes his axe into
the ground sending a shockwave at it
2010-09-09 20:38:15.556 Dorvak rolls Countering Thunderclap (vs. Fort) (d20 + 12): 7 + 12 = 19
2010-09-09 20:38:55.033 DM: Sadly, the tentacle is unaffected by Dorvak’s shockwave.
2010-09-09 20:39:14.409 DM: Ironbrow is battered for 9 (1 resisted) and 9 (1 resisted)(total 18) by
the two tentacles, and he is grabbed by the northernmost one.
2010-09-09 20:39:25.686 DM: Dorvak is grabbed and squeezed for 10 points of damage as well.
2010-09-09 20:39:48.089 DM: The tentacle drags Ironbrow along the ground, towards the central mouth.
2010-09-09 20:40:27.591 DM: More tentacles burst from the ground.
2010-09-09 20:40:41.517 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-09 20:40:57.844 Jerric draws his bow and fires a pair of arrows at the mouth
2010-09-09 20:41:01.394 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 7 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 23
2010-09-09 20:41:01.669 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 6 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 22
2010-09-09 20:41:23.401 DM: This fight would be a lot less threatening if the average attack roll was
above 7.
2010-09-09 20:41:31.877 Jerric then moves to backup Dorvak, cutting up his assailant
2010-09-09 20:41:44.253 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-09 20:41:45.928 DM: Jerric slices the grabbing tentacle apart, freeing Dorvak.
2010-09-09 20:41:51.107 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-09 20:41:59.457 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-09 20:42:45.110 Jerric says “I thought you were taking care of them?” snides merrily at Dorvak
2010-09-09 20:43:02.286 Jerric: (( Er, somewhere I had a sentence ))
2010-09-09 20:43:12.062 Dorvak smirks
2010-09-09 20:43:35.363 Morthos casts Icy Rays at the big guy and nearby tentacle
2010-09-09 20:43:37.338 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 15 + 13 = 28
2010-09-09 20:43:38.288 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 12 + 13 = 25
2010-09-09 20:43:42.888 Morthos rolls Icy Rays (d10 + 10): 10 + 10 = 20
2010-09-09 20:44:04.415 DM: Morthos’ rays fire with precision accuracy into the creature’s mouth, and
the nearby tentacle.
2010-09-09 20:44:29.518 Morthos: +2 for hitting both
2010-09-09 20:44:30.368 Morthos: done
2010-09-09 20:45:02.745 DM: Lanley fires twice at the mouth.
2010-09-09 20:45:20.226 DM: He strikes it a glancing blow once, and misses entirely once.
2010-09-09 20:45:32.327 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-09 20:45:46.802 Ironbrow: (Hm…)
2010-09-09 20:46:11.204 Ironbrow: (Oh,did Jerric remember to spend the surge I gave him with inspiring word?)
2010-09-09 20:46:22.179 Jerric: (( No, whoops ))
2010-09-09 20:46:32.905 Ironbrow: (Just making sure, taking stock of what I got left.)
2010-09-09 20:46:37.030 DM: As I recall, it was surge + 8.
2010-09-09 20:46:40.605 Ironbrow: (Yarb)
2010-09-09 20:47:00.232 Ironbrow hacks at the tentacle that has it grabbed, shouting battle orders in the process. (Inspiring Word on Dorvak).
2010-09-09 20:47:03.082 Ironbrow rolls Inspiring Word (3d6): 1 + 5 + 4 = 10
2010-09-09 20:47:06.807 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 4 + 16 = 20
2010-09-09 20:47:11.132 Ironbrow: (Done.)
2010-09-09 20:47:19.509 DM: Flailing in the air, Ironbrow’s greatsword is not incredibly effective.
2010-09-09 20:47:24.734 DM: Dorvak.
2010-09-09 20:48:02.611 Dorvak tears ironbrow from the grip of the tentacle placing himself in it instead
2010-09-09 20:48:23.870 DM: Ironbrow is no longer grabbed, and now Dorvak is.
2010-09-09 20:48:30.221 Dorvak places a mark on the tentacles he can reach
2010-09-09 20:49:07.373 Dorvak stands firm, planted into the ground, hardening his skin (Iron defense)
2010-09-09 20:49:09.873 Dorvak: (done)
2010-09-09 20:49:42.405 DM: The tentacle drags Dorvak next to the creature’s mouth, which pounces upon
him the second he comes close enough.

Comments

ankiyavon

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.