Evil that Returns

The Search for Narl, Part 7

PLAY 2010-09-30 19:13:56.295

2010-09-30 19:13:56.545
2010-09-30 19:13:56.545 Welcome to Gametable 2.0.RC2.
2010-09-30 19:14:30.283 Joined game
2010-09-30 19:14:31.377 DM has joined the session
2010-09-30 19:15:24.776 DM loads a new map.
2010-09-30 19:47:41.776 DM: Interesting fact: 4096×4096 pogs lag gametable really badly.
2010-09-30 19:47:51.227 Ironbrow: o_o;
2010-09-30 19:48:31.205 DM: That’s pixels, not spaces; it’s only about 30-40 squares on a side.
2010-09-30 19:48:52.282 Ironbrow: Oh, okay. I was going to say, you laid out an entire city to scale? That’s
dedication. :D
2010-09-30 19:49:18.634 DM: Actually now that I’ve learned how to make truly enormous pogs, if I could
do that without crashing GT, I might consider it.
2010-09-30 19:49:37.985 DM: Take google earth images of NYC and pog them up so you’ve got the entire
city to walk around in.
2010-09-30 19:59:40.782 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-09-30 20:01:41.541 Morthos has joined the session
2010-09-30 20:02:11.428 DM: We have no Voraath tonight, but everyone else is here. Are we good to go?\
2010-09-30 20:02:16.678 Ironbrow: Set.
2010-09-30 20:02:21.953 DM: Extraneous backslashes are the best kind of backslashes.
2010-09-30 20:02:23.954 Morthos: yup
2010-09-30 20:02:35.879 Ironbrow: May we get a brief recap?
2010-09-30 20:02:48.226 DM: I always recap :p
2010-09-30 20:03:00.853 Jerric: Ready
2010-09-30 20:03:06.177 Ironbrow: In case you guys played last time, I mean. Since I wasn’t able to make it.
2010-09-30 20:03:24.303 Jerric: When did we play last? :P
2010-09-30 20:03:25.303 DM: Oh, no, forgot to tell you; I was pretty much useless and called it anyway.
2010-09-30 20:03:32.554 Ironbrow: Aha. Carry on then!
2010-09-30 20:06:00.124 DM: When last we left our heroes, they had just completed cleansing a third
fountain in the city of Trolanport, where they had arrived in search of
Narl, only to find it had become a very strange place. Spriggan roamed
the streets carrying sacks of body parts which for some reason they liked
to toss into the fountains, but turned into gnomes when a fountain nearby
was cleansed. It was theorized that the spriggan are, in fact, the
population of Trolanport who were twisted by magic somehow, and it was
suggested that they not be killed. Each fountain cleansed has sent up a
great beacon of silver light shining into the sky, and this third one was
no execption. However, a new thing happened with the cleansing of this
one; the green mist coalesced and formed what appears to be some sort of a
shimmering magical doorway or window (some sort of portal, anyway)
floating in the air near it.
2010-09-30 20:06:57.227 Jerric: (( If I recall, this was our third? or so fight of the day and we are
pretty much out of resources ))
2010-09-30 20:07:10.728 Ironbrow: (Yeah, we’re in pretty bad shape as I recall.)
2010-09-30 20:07:11.955 DM: The pogs are accurate.
2010-09-30 20:07:25.979 DM: For example, Dorvak is at about 2/3 hp and 0 surges.
2010-09-30 20:09:41.664 Jerric: "This is intriguing, but I’m pretty damn worn out and I think I’m not
alone. Is there anything we can figure out about this without interacting
with it?"
2010-09-30 20:10:14.691 Ironbrow: "Morthos and I might be able to make out the nature of this portal, though
it may be wise to signal the vessel."
2010-09-30 20:10:15.591 DM: The portal is covered with a film of silver mist that is slowly receding.
2010-09-30 20:10:39.267 DM: You would guess that in about two minutes or thereabouts, if it works the
same way as normal fog does, you would be able to see through it.
2010-09-30 20:10:50.568 DM: Or at least, see whatever’s behind the mist.
2010-09-30 20:11:22.047 Jerric: "Why don’t we do that then, Lanley?"
2010-09-30 20:11:42.675 DM: Lanley nods. "Pick up here, or where we got off?"
2010-09-30 20:12:15.336 DM: (Recall that you had the ship patrolling the area, so it isn’t just
waiting at the drop point.)
2010-09-30 20:12:23.887 Ironbrow adjusts a few broken plates and joints while the mist clears a bit.
2010-09-30 20:12:58.709 Jerric: "Might as well have them come here."
2010-09-30 20:13:13.185 DM: Lanley nods again and pulls out his arrow.
2010-09-30 20:13:29.836 Lanley: “They’re on the way. Estimated time is about five minutes.”
2010-09-30 20:14:05.341 DM: As the mist clears off the portal, you can begin to see what (you assume)
is on the other side.
2010-09-30 20:15:18.070 DM: It appears to be a richly appointed, well-furnished room. A beaded
ottoman sits in front of a chair of some sort; there appears to be a
humanoid in the chair, but the mist is still blocking your view of the
humanoid and the chair. Multiple high-quality rugs that appear to be in
the Valenar traditions of craftsmanship adorn the floor.
2010-09-30 20:16:08.576 Jerric: (( Does it look like a certain office? ))
2010-09-30 20:16:20.351 DM: It doesn’t look like any place you’ve ever seen before.
2010-09-30 20:16:41.729 DM: Well, that’s not entirely true. It looks vaguely like any generic very
rich guy’s house, but not like any specific place you know.
2010-09-30 20:17:28.957 Ironbrow looks to the others and shrugs. “Should we make our presence known? I expect it knows we are here regardless…
2010-09-30 20:18:42.521 ”user">DM: As the mist continues to clear, you can see that the humanoid is very
tall, almost seven feet. He is also feline. In fact, you clearly
recognize him as a rakshasa. He appears to be unarmed.
2010-09-30 20:19:26.737 DM: Looking out through the portal, he smiles at you.
2010-09-30 20:20:00.275 Rakshasa: “Ahh, so you are the ones who have been playing with my fountains, and I presume, the ones that my friends have spoken of earlier. How good to meet you at last.”
2010-09-30 20:20:43.597 Rakshasa: “I apologize for the circumstances of our meeting; of course, you are aware that the situation demands I not meet you personally. Politeness is strained across such a distance, but nonetheless, it is possible to at least hold a civil conversation.”
2010-09-30 20:21:25.024 Rakshasa: “Allow me to introduce myself; I am Oadin Nakas, Third of Two Hundred. I have a gift for you, that I hope you enjoy.”
2010-09-30 20:21:41.650 Ironbrow reflexively raises its sword defensively.
2010-09-30 20:21:43.875 DM: He reaches down to the ground and picks up a bottle of wine, then begins
pouring some into a glass.
2010-09-30 20:22:00.226 DM: He then corks the bottle, drinks the wine from his class, and tosses the
bottle through the portal.
2010-09-30 20:22:05.826 DM: (glass)
2010-09-30 20:23:41.907 Ironbrow: "I apologize, but I do not require ingestion of comestibles."
2010-09-30 20:24:56.836 Nakas: “Of course. It is likely to be a poor time to drink it anyway, all things considered. But should you survive, you may wish to hold onto it. It is the last bottle ever produced by the Karlish family of vintners, and will only appreciate in value.”
2010-09-30 20:25:27.188 Ironbrow: "You speak as though you intend to allow us to survive our inevitable
encounter."
2010-09-30 20:25:47.686 Ironbrow: "Else it is pointless to give such a gift."
2010-09-30 20:26:06.237 Nakas: “And why wouldn’t I? You are quite valuable to me. Once you inevitably give into to temptation and accept the futility of fighting me, you will make excellent lieutenants.”
2010-09-30 20:26:16.489 Morthos has left the session
2010-09-30 20:26:51.217 Jerric laughs
2010-09-30 20:27:15.893 Jerric: "Is that why you are meeting with us? To court us?"
2010-09-30 20:28:10.037 Nakas: “That began quite some time ago. I’m sure that you all have noticed you have evinced certain…..powers….outside the ordinary. I have granted you these as a taste of what could happen if you joined me.”
2010-09-30 20:29:16.635 Nakas: “No, I wanted to satisfy my curiosity. For one, I wasn’t entirely certain who it was that was thwarting my plans here, and if it had been someone else, I would have had to kill them, of course.”
2010-09-30 20:29:22.185 Morthos has joined the session
2010-09-30 20:30:52.044 Ironbrow rolls a shoulder. “It is in your nature to do as you do. As it is in our nature to resist the force you exert upon this world. I will not act as your lieutenant.”
2010-09-30 20:31:12.070 DM: He smiles.
2010-09-30 20:31:34.637 Nakas: “Perhaps you will not know it, but everything you do, you will do for me. What do you think the Orb you carry is, after all?”
2010-09-30 20:31:55.838 Ironbrow: "Precisely why I do not intend to let you possess it."
2010-09-30 20:32:13.639 DM: He continues to smile.
2010-09-30 20:32:32.494 Nakas: “Truly, Deception was the greatest of us all. He even managed to fool the couatl and the dragons.”
2010-09-30 20:33:25.042 Nakas: “This has been a lovely chat. If you survive the coming assault, let us do it again sometime. I will give you a recommendation; get onto your airship before my reinforcements arrive.”
2010-09-30 20:33:46.568 DM: The portal closes.
2010-09-30 20:34:14.979 Jerric: "Well that was unpleasant. Is the airship here yet?"
2010-09-30 20:34:27.080 Jerric scans the skies for its outline
2010-09-30 20:34:51.606 DM: The airship is not yet visible, though according to the projected time it
should be less than another minute.
2010-09-30 20:35:12.626 DM: Moments later, you see a pair of enormous shadows.
2010-09-30 20:36:33.308 Ironbrow: (Alas, I am faced with fearsome question marks. What are the shadows
caused by?)
2010-09-30 20:36:37.959 DM: (They’re not actually that close. This is laziness with huge pogs.)
2010-09-30 20:37:20.116 DM: (I think I’m fighting with upload bandwidth. The smaller pog is the
airship, the larger one is what appeasr to be an extremely malformed,
multi-part-constructed skeletal dragon.)
2010-09-30 20:37:37.291 DM: Rather than the skeleton of a single dragon, it appears to be haphazardly
thrown together from parts of multiple creatures, only some of whom were
dragons.
2010-09-30 20:37:48.192 Jerric: (( Oh dear god ))
2010-09-30 20:37:49.217 DM: (And I mean only some of whom were draconic, not necessarily true dragons.)
2010-09-30 20:37:56.568 Jerric: (( Oh ok ))
2010-09-30 20:38:15.547 Jerric: (( But its still a giant piecework dragon ))
2010-09-30 20:38:19.347 DM: The airship rushes up to be above you and hurls down lines.
2010-09-30 20:38:25.522 Jerric: "Quick!"
2010-09-30 20:38:32.049 Ironbrow leaps to grab a line.
2010-09-30 20:38:35.599 Jerric runs and jumps onto one of the lines
2010-09-30 20:38:58.366 DM: Lanley sprints for a line after his initial shock. Dorvak calmly stands
there and grabs one as it passes him by.
2010-09-30 20:39:01.616 Morthos follows
2010-09-30 20:39:13.867 DM: (Moving pogs over to the airship decks.)
2010-09-30 20:40:00.654 DM Recenters everyone’s view!
2010-09-30 20:40:17.870 Jerric: (( time to review the airship rules ))
2010-09-30 20:40:41.361 DM: Indeed. Make sure you understand how the airship, particularly the guns,
work in combat.
2010-09-30 20:41:14.779 Ironbrow: (Got a link handy?)
2010-09-30 20:41:20.704 DM: I also need to know which squad is set to which position.
2010-09-30 20:41:24.604 Jerric: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/mornelithe/wikis/airship
2010-09-30 20:41:27.480 Ironbrow: (Gracias)
2010-09-30 20:41:55.017 Jerric: (( Ok, question. If I use twin strike with a machine gun, do I do 6
attacks of 2d8+Dex? ))
2010-09-30 20:42:06.943 DM: No. Four.
2010-09-30 20:42:22.419 DM: The terrain power is three attacks, but the "Using a power through this"
is make the attack twice.
2010-09-30 20:42:41.120 DM: Also it’s only 1d8, and no +dex.
2010-09-30 20:43:14.042 Jerric: (( Is that because of twin strike? If I use a basic attack, what is it? ))
2010-09-30 20:43:29.094 DM: A basic attack would be two attacks, 1d8 + Dex for each attack.
2010-09-30 20:43:41.348 DM: Basically, whenever you use a power, it’s as if you did Power, AP, Power.
2010-09-30 20:43:46.999 DM: (Minus your action point bonuses).
2010-09-30 20:44:09.475 Jerric: (( So can we instead use the listed attack? The 3 attacks. ))
2010-09-30 20:44:13.500 DM: Yes.
2010-09-30 20:44:33.751 DM: The listed attack is designed to be better than basic attack, and probably
at-wills, while encounter and dailies will likely benefit from being used.
2010-09-30 20:44:45.077 Jerric: (( I see ))
2010-09-30 20:45:55.765 DM: (I forgot to get a pog for the main gun, so it’s the giant turbolaser.)
2010-09-30 20:46:20.991 Jerric: (( What is the bonus for squads who man the guns? ))
2010-09-30 20:46:47.488 DM: Depends on the squad whether they get a bonus or not. For having the guns
manned, period, the benefit is that the squad gets to fire them.
2010-09-30 20:47:07.914 DM: There are nine guns and only five PCs, so without a squad, you can only
fire five guns at a time.
2010-09-30 20:47:12.889 Jerric: (( Right, but I was wondering the difference between me and a squad using
the same gun
2010-09-30 20:47:38.363 DM: Depends on the squad. You get to guess based on their prowess.
2010-09-30 20:47:54.514 DM: They’re NPCs of various levels with various powers.
2010-09-30 20:48:03.914 Jerric: (( Ok, we have 4 squads? At least we have 4 leaders ))
2010-09-30 20:48:11.015 DM: Yep.
2010-09-30 20:48:15.209 Jerric: (( We definitely want Alril on healing duty ))
2010-09-30 20:48:41.885 Jerric: (( It takes a single squad to man a single gun? ))
2010-09-30 20:49:01.537 DM: No. One squad can man all nine guns.
2010-09-30 20:49:28.828 DM: Average squad size is 15 people. I’ll let you know in the descriptions if
any vary significantly from that.
2010-09-30 20:50:21.556 Jerric: (( Ok, I say we have Alril on healing, Gran’s squad on the guns, Cyali’s
on the helm, Sonn’s on the engines. ))
2010-09-30 20:50:29.632 Jerric: (( Most roles seem straight forward ))
2010-09-30 20:50:45.794 Jerric: (( Then PCs stand around? ))
2010-09-30 20:50:51.319 Jerric: (( Anything else for us to do? ))
2010-09-30 20:50:54.444 DM: I generally feel it’s a good idea to not bludgeon you with hidden
mechanics until you understand the basics :p
2010-09-30 20:51:17.735 DM: You could take guns personall, and let Gran’s squad take the leftovers.
Or you could stand by to repel boarders if it lands on the ship.
2010-09-30 20:51:17.736 Jerric: (( Can’t argue there ))
2010-09-30 20:51:30.811 DM: I think you’ll find things to do, I wouldn’t worry about that.
2010-09-30 20:51:55.388 Ironbrow: (I say let them handle the guns, we should protect the deck and be mobile
as needed in case someone gets killed on the guns.)
2010-09-30 20:52:03.163 Jerric: (( I say we leave the guns to Gran and stay free. Yeah agreed ))
2010-09-30 20:52:28.055 Jerric: (( Ok, anything else to go over? Also Ironbrow you get to call these
orders :) ))
2010-09-30 20:52:52.982 Jerric: (( Did we finish the upgrade in time, or still in progress? ))
2010-09-30 20:52:59.426 DM: Yeah, that’s what I was going to ask. I need one PC to handle rolling for
initiative for the airship, and taking actions for the airship (movement,
mostly).
2010-09-30 20:53:13.127 DM: The HP upgrade is still being worked on. The others are complete.
2010-09-30 20:53:57.412 Ironbrow: (I can do ship initiative.)
2010-09-30 20:54:44.580 DM: In that case, unless there are any questions, I believe we are good to
begin your first aerial combat.
2010-09-30 20:55:08.507 Jerric: (( Ready to go. Excited! ))
2010-09-30 20:55:21.939 DM: Initiative!
2010-09-30 20:55:24.615 Ironbrow rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 9 + 8 = 17
2010-09-30 20:55:25.665 Jerric rolls Initiative (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3): 11 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 28
2010-09-30 20:55:31.265 Ironbrow rolls d20: 2 = 2
2010-09-30 20:55:33.465 Ironbrow: (Ship is slow!)
2010-09-30 20:55:46.391 DM: Yes. Yes it is.
2010-09-30 20:56:05.942 Jerric: (( are our upgrades listed on the current stats page? ))
2010-09-30 20:56:20.326 DM: Yes. The HP one is actually listed as well, despite not being done, so
just ignore that.
2010-09-30 20:58:00.346 DM: Lanley stands around with his bow drawn, waiting for something to happen.
2010-09-30 20:58:28.106 DM: (Due to wind and range, normal ranged attacks on the skeletal patchwork
dragon would suffer a massive penalty. Lanley has chosen to delay
instead.)
2010-09-30 20:58:28.931 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 20:59:16.115 Jerric: (( Is the wind enough that it’s useless to shoot at? It seems to be within
my range without penalty ))
2010-09-30 20:59:38.138 DM: That’s pogging laziness. It’s behind the airship by about 100 feet at the
moment.
2010-09-30 21:00:03.119 DM: The main gun end is the front. The stairs end is the back.
2010-09-30 21:00:16.241 DM: The airship pog and the dragon pog are now appropriately seperated.
2010-09-30 21:01:03.246 Jerric: (( Still didn’t answer my question on the wind, but I guess I’ll follow
Lanley’s lead ))
2010-09-30 21:01:18.752 Jerric draws his bow and waits the same
2010-09-30 21:01:26.377 DM: Sorry, I was busy answering range >.>
2010-09-30 21:01:53.843 DM: It’s not useless to shoot at. -6 penalty for wind. Lanley having a
shortbow means he’s at long range as well.
2010-09-30 21:03:19.002 DM: The dragon flaps closer to the ship. As it does, two large bundles of
flesh detach from its wings and fly fowards, landing heavily on the deck
of the ship and unrolling into vaguely humanoid creatures.
2010-09-30 21:03:45.131 DM: Lanley fires at them.
2010-09-30 21:04:21.476 Jerric follows Lanley’s lead
2010-09-30 21:04:24.872 DM: He strikes the left one (number 1) twice.
2010-09-30 21:04:29.998 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 9 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 25
2010-09-30 21:04:30.848 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 5 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 21
2010-09-30 21:04:34.523 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 7 + 3 = 10
2010-09-30 21:04:35.498 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 9 + 3 = 12
2010-09-30 21:04:36.779 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 8 + 4 = 12
2010-09-30 21:04:50.491 DM: Jerric’s first shot connects, though his second one fails to pierce its
blubber.
2010-09-30 21:05:01.992 Jerric: (( Do I get to take a full turn? ))
2010-09-30 21:05:07.742 DM: You delayed, so yep.
2010-09-30 21:05:16.067 DM: Ready is one action, delay is full turn.
2010-09-30 21:05:20.628 Jerric advances closer to the new enemies
2010-09-30 21:05:24.203 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 21:06:31.050 Morthos rolls Initiative (d20 + 8): 11 + 8 = 19
2010-09-30 21:07:49.324 DM: The fleshy demons charge.
2010-09-30 21:08:22.096 DM: With his accustomed accidental agility, Morthos nimbly dodges out of the
way.
2010-09-30 21:08:40.572 Jerric: (( Morthos makes everyone else look bad ))
2010-09-30 21:08:52.798 DM: Ironbrow is hammered into by its clawed arm, taking 15 points of damage (1
resisted).
2010-09-30 21:10:21.708 DM: Dorvak runs up to a creature, and while he can’t manage to make it there
and attack it, he does manage to summon up an aegis of shielding upon it.
2010-09-30 21:10:32.783 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:11:00.585 Morthos casts bigby’s icy grasp
2010-09-30 21:11:23.759 Morthos rolls Bigby’s Icy Grasp (primary) (2d8 + 10): (5 + 4) + 10 = 19
2010-09-30 21:11:37.035 DM: That’s a damage roll; need an attack roll :p
2010-09-30 21:11:46.436 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 10 + 13 = 23
2010-09-30 21:11:47.061 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 2 + 13 = 15
2010-09-30 21:12:11.005 DM: The creature almost, almost manages to dodge out of the way; but at the
last second the fist slips in and grabs him.
2010-09-30 21:12:41.907 DM: As the fist grabs him, he is covered with crackling ice crystals, and his
skin takes on a blue sheen.
2010-09-30 21:12:51.932 DM: (An Arcana check may provide additional information as to what just
happened).
2010-09-30 21:13:10.320 Morthos rolls Skill Arcane/History/Religion (d20 + 15): 2 + 15 = 17
2010-09-30 21:13:34.472 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 21:14:33.187 Ironbrow whips its sword overhead and then down into a wicked slash to draw attention away from its allies. (Steel Monsoon)
2010-09-30 21:14:35.587 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 19 + 16 = 35
2010-09-30 21:14:38.713 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 2W (2d10 + 7): (8 + 3) + 7 = 18
2010-09-30 21:14:45.163 Ironbrow: (Everyone can shift 1 square.)
2010-09-30 21:14:57.025 DM: (Lanley is so out of range.)
2010-09-30 21:15:13.240 Ironbrow: (Done.)
2010-09-30 21:15:26.890 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 21:15:39.175 DM: Gran’s squad lets loose with a barrage of gunfire upon the dragon.
2010-09-30 21:16:20.352 DM: Two energy blasts, one cannon shot, and one barrage of machine gun fire
tear into it. The rest sputters off into the air, missing.
2010-09-30 21:17:11.038 DM: Ship movement?
2010-09-30 21:17:56.448 DM: (Engines are currently crewed, so speed is 8.)
2010-09-30 21:18:12.824 DM: You can take a full round worth of move actions, so single or double move.
2010-09-30 21:18:19.160 DM: Or you can hold your position.
2010-09-30 21:18:44.342 Ironbrow: (Reading, sec
2010-09-30 21:19:03.268 Ironbrow: (Double move forward.)
2010-09-30 21:19:57.640 DM: Lanley continues to fire at the injured creature.
2010-09-30 21:20:14.641 DM: He hits it once.
2010-09-30 21:20:14.642 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 21:21:41.396 Jerric moves into position to flank the creature as he trades his bow for his blades
2010-09-30 21:21:52.696 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 13 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 28
2010-09-30 21:21:53.871 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 11 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
2010-09-30 21:21:57.887 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 7 + 3 + 2 = 12
2010-09-30 21:22:02.912 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 5 + 2 + 2 = 9
2010-09-30 21:22:07.612 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 5 + 2 = 7
2010-09-30 21:22:08.643 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-30 21:22:11.487 DM: Jerric hacks into the creature with his blades.
2010-09-30 21:22:16.263 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 21:23:07.678 DM: The ship shudders as the skeletal dragon catches up and rakes it with its
claws.
2010-09-30 21:23:41.980 DM: For 38 points of damage.
2010-09-30 21:24:55.341 DM: Dorvak hacks his axe down at the creature, attempting to encase it in a
shell of sound.
2010-09-30 21:25:02.716 DM: But his swing is wide.
2010-09-30 21:25:23.540 DM: The creature grabbed by the icy hand attempts to break free.
2010-09-30 21:25:44.394 DM: And successfully does so.
2010-09-30 21:25:54.094 DM: It then sweeps its tail out in an attempt to trip Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:26:01.370 DM: But he jumps over it.
2010-09-30 21:26:11.695 DM: So it tries to punch him in the face instead.
2010-09-30 21:26:18.546 DM: But is even less successful at that.
2010-09-30 21:26:25.796 Jerric: (( I swear ))
2010-09-30 21:26:32.090 Ironbrow: (Clearly, Morthos is playing Exalted. We’re in D&D.)
2010-09-30 21:26:36.641 Jerric: (( Haha ))
2010-09-30 21:26:39.216 DM: (Haven’t rolled above a 3 on an attack roll on Morthos. Woo wizards.)
2010-09-30 21:26:50.491 DM: The other one attempts to trip Dorvak.
2010-09-30 21:27:08.192 DM: But he is a dwarf, and he laughs at its puny attempt to knock him over.
2010-09-30 21:27:41.807 DM: However, he does get slammed by its flailing arm, for 19 points of damage.
2010-09-30 21:28:03.484 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:30:09.935 Morthos casts Icy Rays at both Targets
2010-09-30 21:30:15.585 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 15 + 13 = 28
2010-09-30 21:30:16.510 Morthos rolls Spell (d20 + 13): 18 + 13 = 31
2010-09-30 21:30:24.536 Morthos rolls Icy Rays (d10 + 10): 4 + 10 = 14
2010-09-30 21:30:28.836 DM: Morthos’ icy rays strike both of them dead-on.
2010-09-30 21:30:50.633 Morthos: +2 for hitting both
2010-09-30 21:30:52.883 Morthos: done
2010-09-30 21:30:55.283 DM: However, the one with blue skin (1) appears to have been largely unhurt by
it, though he is still frozen to the ground.
2010-09-30 21:31:06.084 DM: The other one’s skin crackles with ice and turns blue as well after being
struck.
2010-09-30 21:31:26.910 DM: 1 is now bloodied.\
2010-09-30 21:31:44.701 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 21:31:59.002 Ironbrow swings to create an opening for Dorvak. (Warlord’s Favor)
2010-09-30 21:32:01.227 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 14 + 16 = 30
2010-09-30 21:32:02.927 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword 2W (2d10 + 7): (4 + 8) + 7 = 19
2010-09-30 21:32:13.003 Ironbrow: (Dorvak gets +4 to attacks until the end of my next turn.)
2010-09-30 21:32:30.120 DM: Ironbrow cleaves into the creature, and it is now bloodied.
2010-09-30 21:32:43.771 Ironbrow: (Did we get an action point after the last fight? I don’t have one listed,
I forget.)
2010-09-30 21:33:02.447 DM: You got one after the fight before last. So if you didn’t use one last
fight, you have one.
2010-09-30 21:33:17.311 Ironbrow: (I must have then, I don’t have it on my sheet. Done, then.)
2010-09-30 21:33:24.861 DM: Jerric is the only one who used an AP last fight.
2010-09-30 21:33:33.461 DM: Everyone else has one.
2010-09-30 21:33:44.687 Ironbrow: (I’ll hold onto it for now, in that case.)
2010-09-30 21:33:47.912 DM: (Probably because I forgot to remind you that you gained one.)
2010-09-30 21:34:12.212 Jerric: (( I believe I gained one as well? It’s the only AP I used all day ))
2010-09-30 21:34:24.587 DM: Oh, that’s possible.
2010-09-30 21:34:34.038 DM: I just assumed you had used one previously.
2010-09-30 21:34:43.388 Jerric: (( Nope, never got a chance ))
2010-09-30 21:34:43.938 DM: If you didn’t, then you have one as well.
2010-09-30 21:34:50.239 Jerric: (( Right-o then ))
2010-09-30 21:35:01.940 DM: Airship.
2010-09-30 21:35:39.676 DM: Only four hits from the guns this round; one energy blaster, two cannons,
and a machine gun barrage.
2010-09-30 21:35:58.577 DM: Any movement?
2010-09-30 21:36:14.650 Ironbrow: (How well does this thing turn, anyway?)
2010-09-30 21:36:34.283 DM: Since the helm is crewed, you have to move one square foward for every 90
degrees of turning.
2010-09-30 21:37:17.260 DM: (Note that ‘foward’ changes in definition every 90 degree turn.)
2010-09-30 21:37:46.775 Ironbrow: (Double move forward without turns for now. Next round I’m going to
suggest we charge the big death ray and see if we can’t use it to nuke
this SOB behind us.)
2010-09-30 21:38:17.789 Ironbrow: (Course we’ll have to let it charge and such.)
2010-09-30 21:38:33.837 DM: Lanley shifts his fire to the one everyone seems to be killing.
2010-09-30 21:38:40.687 Jerric: (( We need a squad for it too ))
2010-09-30 21:38:45.205 DM: Shooting it in the face, not once, but twice.
2010-09-30 21:39:05.181 DM: It is very unhappy.
2010-09-30 21:39:19.557 DM: Jerric.
2010-09-30 21:39:33.858 Jerric continues slicing into the creature
2010-09-30 21:39:38.283 Jerric rolls Attack, Speed (d20 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1): 5 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 20
2010-09-30 21:39:39.508 Jerric rolls Attack, Reckless (d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1): 10 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
2010-09-30 21:39:46.585 Jerric rolls Damage, Speed 1W (d8 + 3 + 2): 6 + 3 + 2 = 11
2010-09-30 21:39:49.334 Jerric rolls Damage, Reckless 1W (d8 + 2 + 2): 1 + 2 + 2 = 5
2010-09-30 21:39:50.109 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (2d8): 2 + 2 = 4
2010-09-30 21:39:55.084 DM: Thanks to the distraction provided by Dorvak, Jerric’s second attack hits.
2010-09-30 21:40:00.493 Jerric rolls Damage, Scimitar Dance (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-30 21:40:28.127 DM: It’s seriously wounded, but still standing.
2010-09-30 21:40:30.852 Jerric rolls Damage, Blade Storm (5): 5 = 5
2010-09-30 21:40:32.052 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-09-30 21:40:44.053 DM: Adding two for Gauntlets of Blood. Still up.
2010-09-30 21:40:55.129 Jerric: (( Right, thanks ))
2010-09-30 21:41:27.974 DM: The dragon flies up close and unleashes a scathing torrent of cold, dark
energy upon the deck. Everyone make a saving throw.
2010-09-30 21:41:37.493 Ironbrow rolls d20: 7 = 7
2010-09-30 21:42:08.978 Jerric rolls Saving Throw (d20): 19 = 19
2010-09-30 21:43:24.767 DM: Jerric and Lanley quickly hit the deck, and are unaffected. Ironbrow and
Dorvak are caught in the torrent, and lose one healing surge. (Dorvak has
no healing surges left, and takes damage equal to his surge value instead.)
2010-09-30 21:43:42.144 Morthos rolls d20: 16 = 16
2010-09-30 21:44:02.471 DM: Morthos also hits the deck in time. (This is flavor text, note, and you
are not actually prone. You stand up again.)
2010-09-30 21:44:37.438 DM: In addition, the breath attack blasts the ship, for 50 points of damage.
2010-09-30 21:45:04.436 DM: (In case you’re not watching the pog, the ship is at 412/500.)
2010-09-30 21:45:19.160 Ironbrow: (How bad off does Bony Lizardo look?)
2010-09-30 21:45:40.036 DM: It’s hard to tell with a patchwork skeletal creature, but he doesn’t look
too injured.
2010-09-30 21:46:19.733 DM: Dorvak decides to give Lightning Clash a try.
2010-09-30 21:46:39.191 DM: His lightning-axe slices straight into the creature’s neck, decapitating
it instantly.
2010-09-30 21:46:46.667 DM: A bolt of lightning leaps to the other creature.
2010-09-30 21:47:03.144 DM: Or, rather, it leaps nowhere near the other creature.
2010-09-30 21:47:09.219 DM: In fact it almost hits Jerric.
2010-09-30 21:47:17.690 Jerric: "Watch it!"
2010-09-30 21:47:24.425 Dorvak: “sorry!”
2010-09-30 21:48:02.052 DM: The remaining creature stands there, gnashing its teeth, waiting for
someone to come close enough to get hit, as it is stuck to the deck.
2010-09-30 21:48:12.328 DM: Morthos.
2010-09-30 21:48:14.728 Jerric: "Keep your distance while we can."
2010-09-30 21:49:37.350 Morthos casts magic missile
2010-09-30 21:49:40.525 Morthos rolls Spell against bloodied (d20 + 13 + 1): 7 + 13 + 1 = 21
2010-09-30 21:49:57.851 DM: No more attack rolls needed for MM ;)
2010-09-30 21:50:01.951 Morthos: derp
2010-09-30 21:50:03.701 Morthos rolls Magic Missile (2d4 + 9): (3 + 4) + 9 = 16
2010-09-30 21:50:11.102 DM: Or that either.
2010-09-30 21:50:26.627 DM: Morthos’ missile crashes into it.
2010-09-30 21:50:26.628 Morthos: ah yes
2010-09-30 21:50:36.128 Morthos: also is it gripped the the fist still?
2010-09-30 21:50:46.787 DM: No, it struggled free.
2010-09-30 21:50:50.237 Morthos: kk
2010-09-30 21:50:53.012 Morthos: done
2010-09-30 21:51:00.562 DM: Ironbrow.
2010-09-30 21:51:05.138 Ironbrow charges!
2010-09-30 21:51:11.263 Ironbrow: (Ruinous Charge)
2010-09-30 21:51:24.661 Ironbrow: (Onslaught, whatever)
2010-09-30 21:51:26.586 Ironbrow rolls Greatsword Attack (d20 + 16): 20 + 16 = 36
2010-09-30 21:51:29.687 Ironbrow: (WOO!)

Comments

ankiyavon

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.