Evil that Returns

Into the Dragon's Lair, Part 3

PLAY 2010-07-29 18:48:02.794 2010-07-29 18:48:03.903
2010-07-29 18:48:03.903 Welcome to Gametable 2.0.RC2.
2010-07-29 18:48:24.920 Joined game
2010-07-29 18:48:25.044 DM has joined the session
2010-07-29 18:48:48.110 DM loads a new map.
2010-07-29 18:49:24.078 DM loads a new map.
2010-07-29 18:57:33.442 Unearthly has joined the session
2010-07-29 18:58:33.549 Voraath has joined the session
2010-07-29 19:00:10.691 DM: I need another 2 minutes or so to finish shoveling food into my mouth, so we’ll begin in a bit.
2010-07-29 19:00:17.016 Ironbrow: Hokay.
2010-07-29 19:02:58.829 DM: All right. Everyone good to begin?
2010-07-29 19:03:20.181 Dorvak nods
2010-07-29 19:03:47.158 Jerric: Ready
2010-07-29 19:03:50.058 Ironbrow: Yep.
2010-07-29 19:06:39.113 DM: When last we left our heroes, they had begun the exploration of the dragon’s cave that they came to Xen’drik to find. After fighting some strange machine creatures, they continued exploring, and found a magical spring that restored some of their fatigue. Yet more spelunking awaits them. (Also, one moment, we might have Morthos; checking on that.)
2010-07-29 19:09:46.400 DM: (Nope for now. Soon, though! Continue on your regularly scheduled caving.)
2010-07-29 19:10:17.273 Ironbrow swirls a metal finger in the strange water before standing back up.
2010-07-29 19:10:34.699 Ironbrow: "This one is damaged, but able to continue."
2010-07-29 19:10:51.349 Dorvak: "I will echo that sentiment."
2010-07-29 19:11:18.027 Jerric: "Yeah I can go a bit longer thanks to this water."
2010-07-29 19:11:36.414 Ironbrow begins heading back to the illusory wall.
2010-07-29 19:11:59.515 Dorvak fills his water skin with the water from the pool
2010-07-29 19:12:07.741 DM: Lanley sighs but follows.
2010-07-29 19:12:42.829 Ironbrow pushes back through the wall.
2010-07-29 19:13:03.844 Ironbrow: (South?)
2010-07-29 19:13:13.543 Dorvak: (why not!)
2010-07-29 19:14:03.574 DM: The fungus down here is darker than earlier in the cavern.
2010-07-29 19:14:26.778 DM: (And that wasn’t a tunnel, that was a drawing failure.)
2010-07-29 19:14:50.708 Ironbrow taps the most recent acquisition on the side of its head to create another light source.
2010-07-29 19:16:31.075 DM: This room contains an enormous pool of pink liquid.
2010-07-29 19:16:46.351 DM: In the pool, though you can’t see them well from here, there are corpses of very strange things floating.
2010-07-29 19:17:17.269 DM: (All pogs are corpses.)
2010-07-29 19:17:23.350 Ironbrow: (Like four limbs and a torso strange or crazy—oh dear.)
2010-07-29 19:17:46.379 Ironbrow grips its sword tightly.
2010-07-29 19:17:53.446 Jerric: "Don’t drink that water."
2010-07-29 19:17:59.212 Dorvak: "Hmmmmmm yeah that looks bad."
2010-07-29 19:18:14.729 DM: (The last one I have to describe, because I have no sufficient pog for it :p)
2010-07-29 19:18:20.104 Dorvak picks up a small rock on the ground and lightly tosses it in the water, not aimed at one of the corpses.”
2010-07-29 19:18:36.938 DM: (It looks like a human body made out of eyeballs. Except to make it even stranger, it has a fused squid beak where its mouth would be.)
2010-07-29 19:19:04.766 DM: Dorvak’s rock sinks into the liquid with a plonk. From the behavior, you can tell that this is much more viscous and thick than water.
2010-07-29 19:19:42.317 Ironbrow: "Creatures of Khyber, almost certainly. How far beneath the surface is the group?"
2010-07-29 19:19:48.617 Ironbrow turns back to the others.
2010-07-29 19:20:56.311 Dorvak: "Id wager we are about 200 feet below ground. The rocks give it away."
2010-07-29 19:21:55.553 Ironbrow: "Somewhat shallow to be seeing such creatures, this one would think."
2010-07-29 19:22:15.650 DM: (For those who may desire to make a check, Dungeoneering is the skill relevant to Khyber.)
2010-07-29 19:22:34.801 Dorvak: "The pool might be very deep and they floated up. It seems this liquid is rather dense."
2010-07-29 19:23:13.678 Jerric rolls Skill, Dungeoneering (d20 + 5 + 5 + 1): 13 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 24
2010-07-29 19:23:38.550 Jerric gets a little closer to take a better look at the pool and its once inhabitants
2010-07-29 19:25:12.399 Jerric: "You’re right, 200 feet definitely isn’t deep enough."
2010-07-29 19:25:42.936 Jerric: "Unless you want to jump in the pool to see where they came though, I don’t think we have much business here."
2010-07-29 19:25:59.511 Ironbrow: "Understood and agreed. Back the other way, then."
2010-07-29 19:26:07.762 Dorvak nods
2010-07-29 19:26:45.694 Jerric: (( Uh oh? ))
2010-07-29 19:26:57.971 Ironbrow: (( We are fighting giant question marks! )
2010-07-29 19:27:19.305 DM: Up around the corner is almost a forest of the fungus. (Also, does the pog not work? That would make me sad :( )
2010-07-29 19:27:32.883 Ironbrow: (It’s likely just taking a while to transfer on my end.)
2010-07-29 19:28:01.167 DM: It’s thick and bushy, but you feel confident you can push through it if you try. You just can’t see through it well, if at all. It appears that there’s more and more of it behind the parts you can see.
2010-07-29 19:28:21.829 DM: (It’s difficult terrain that blocks LoS.)
2010-07-29 19:28:59.184 Ironbrow: "This one inquires if this strain of fungus may be toxic if cut."
2010-07-29 19:29:09.501 Ironbrow tests the edge of its serrated sword.
2010-07-29 19:29:11.701 Jerric rolls Skill, Nature (d20 + 5 + 5 + 1): 18 + 5 + 5 + 1 = 29
2010-07-29 19:30:27.582 Jerric: "I haven’t dealt with this particular fungus before, but it doesn’t look like it."
2010-07-29 19:31:03.104 Ironbrow: "This one will only cut if it is necessary, then."
2010-07-29 19:31:16.730 Dorvak: "It’s gotta come down if we want to go this way it looks."
2010-07-29 19:31:48.631 Ironbrow shrugs and approaches.
2010-07-29 19:32:14.091 Ironbrow: (Still no pog though, sadly. Alas, I shall cut down these question marks in the name of robot justice!)
2010-07-29 19:32:25.501 Ironbrow begins pushing into the fungus.
2010-07-29 19:32:35.106 DM: (Sad face. It’s basically a bigger, squarer version of the other fungus pogs.)
2010-07-29 19:33:12.312 DM: As Ironbrow steps on the fungus and forces his way through, pops of light occur; it looks almost like weak firecrackers. The pops of light, though noticeable, don’t really do anything.
2010-07-29 19:33:35.539 DM: (Feel free to move on through it.)
2010-07-29 19:34:29.896 Dorvak: "Morthos and Lanley go ahead of me I will make sure you get through safe."
2010-07-29 19:35:05.615 DM: Ironbrow’s light provides the only illumination here, past the fungus-forest.
2010-07-29 19:35:41.993 Ironbrow moves a bit slower to ensure everyone stays within good distance of the headlamp.
2010-07-29 19:36:03.782 Jerric: "Do we have anything else to help light up the area?"
2010-07-29 19:36:17.320 Lanley: “I could get out a sunrod.”
2010-07-29 19:36:22.677 Ironbrow: "This one still carries six torches."
2010-07-29 19:36:53.593 Jerric: (( Morthos should be able to cast light, right? ))
2010-07-29 19:37:07.336 DM: (Yes. Yes he should. I forgot he can do that.)
2010-07-29 19:37:17.937 Morthos: “i could also cast a light.”
2010-07-29 19:37:19.312 Jerric: (( Cantrips are the best part of being a wizaard! :D ))
2010-07-29 19:37:43.172 DM: Morthos points at Dorvak’s axe, and it begins to glow.
2010-07-29 19:37:50.297 Jerric: "That would be good. Since we don’t know how far this place goes, it’d be good to conserve consumables while we can."
2010-07-29 19:38:01.348 Dorvak: "Well thats handy."
2010-07-29 19:38:30.048 DM: (The Light cantrip creates light that fills the target’s square and anything within 4 squares of it.)
2010-07-29 19:38:42.999 DM: So Dorvak provides 4 squares of light.
2010-07-29 19:39:02.300 Jerric: (( How much light does the delver thing provide? ))
2010-07-29 19:39:14.926 DM: That depends how bright Ironbrow wants it to be.
2010-07-29 19:39:23.830 DM: It can either be dim to 20 squares, or bright to 20 squares.
2010-07-29 19:39:30.206 Ironbrow: (Yes, that.)
2010-07-29 19:39:37.298 Ironbrow: (Keeping it at 10 for now.)
2010-07-29 19:39:46.799 Jerric: (( Direceted? ))
2010-07-29 19:39:54.674 Ironbrow: (Says radius.)
2010-07-29 19:40:23.032 Ironbrow: (I assume it’s all around. But I need to attach it elsewhere because now I have a really silly image of Ironbrow with a glowing angler-fish thing on his scalp.)
2010-07-29 19:40:35.358 DM: (Anglerfish are awesome.)
2010-07-29 19:41:11.401 DM: (So, you have light.)
2010-07-29 19:41:55.856 DM: You wander through the darkened corridors for three hours. Just when you begin to feel that you’ve lost your way and you’ll wander in the depths forever, you come upon the most enormous cave you’ve ever seen or heard of.
2010-07-29 19:43:07.482 DM: Despite the fact that you’ve been going deeper and deeper all that time, you can feel air currents. In fact, there are pools of water on the ground that suggest it might even rain down here, that this cavern is enormous enough to support small weather systems. Guessing at the height is impossible, and even measuring the radius is difficult.
2010-07-29 19:43:32.280 DM: Off in the distance, you can see gold reflecting the light of Ironbrow’s headlamp.
2010-07-29 19:45:03.428 DM: As you move closer, you see that the gold is part of an enormous pile. In fact, the pile seems to match the cavern, in that it’s the most enormous pile you’ve ever seen. However, there is something else that matches the cavern as well.
2010-07-29 19:45:20.482 DM: (All those pogs are a single dragon.)
2010-07-29 19:45:22.007 Jerric: (( A dragon? ))
2010-07-29 19:45:23.882 Jerric: (( Haha ))
2010-07-29 19:45:45.126 Ironbrow: (( More question marks! It’s riddle-speaking dragon! )
2010-07-29 19:46:06.049 Ironbrow lowers the point of its sword. There would be no point in defending itself.
2010-07-29 19:46:28.610 Dragon: “Greetings, heroes. I have been expecting you.”
2010-07-29 19:47:07.315 Ironbrow: "This one expresses relief that it did not urge its companions to travel hundreds of leagues only to be devoured."
2010-07-29 19:47:19.341 Ironbrow: "Or is it mistaken in that regard?"
2010-07-29 19:47:47.959 Dragon: “You may yet be devoured. The Prophecy speaks of your death, but it also speaks of your life. But it will not be by me, in this cavern.”
2010-07-29 19:48:45.280 Dragon: “I understand that it may strain you to speak at such a distance. Come closer if you desire. I will not attack you, for you have come seeking enlightenment and fighting evil.”
2010-07-29 19:49:10.017 Dragon: “My name is Veraxinathinil, and I welcome you to my cave.”
2010-07-29 19:49:11.598 Ironbrow returns its sword to its sheathe.
2010-07-29 19:49:44.575 DM: (The dragon’s scales are a deep purple, almost black, in case you’re curious.)
2010-07-29 19:50:04.451 Dorvak waves slightly as a greeting “My name is Dorvak, but I have a feeling you already know this.”
2010-07-29 19:50:42.071 Veraxinathinil: “Your names are not part of the Prophecy. Merely your deeds. I know what you are, but not who you are.”
2010-07-29 19:51:28.724 Jerric: "Then allow me introduce myself as well, I am Jerric."
2010-07-29 19:51:46.430 Ironbrow: "This one has no designation, only the given name of Ironbrow."
2010-07-29 19:52:10.481 DM: Lanley hops foward, bows, and says "I’m Lanley; nice to meet you."
2010-07-29 19:52:30.547 DM: Morthos introduces himself as well.
2010-07-29 19:53:18.745 Veraxinathinil: “Good. The pleasantries have been observed, as they were before and will be again. You have traveled far to speak to me, with only a vague idea of what you hold. What questions would you ask me?”
2010-07-29 19:53:31.721 Ironbrow looks to the others, then back to the dragon.
2010-07-29 19:55:21.924 Ironbrow: "This one bears an artifact that it believes to have been created in part by you. This orb has attached itself to this one’s frame and has drawn powerful entities that seek to acquire it. Many are killed in the fighting that follows. Time seems to have reversed in its presence. This one would ask you, what is this object’s purpose in your Prophecy? It bears the orb with little understanding of what it must do with it."
2010-07-29 19:57:21.925 Veraxinathinil: “The Orb was created to return balance to Eberron. Siberys and Khyber threatened to destroy Eberron as the Demon War raged on, and balance was needed. However, the Orb has outlived its purpose. Balance was restored, and now Eberron is outshining Khyber and Siberys. The Orb’s orginal creation asks it to restore the balance. In so doing, it would devastate Eberron, by releasing the creatures of Khyber and Siberys back onto what you know as the world.”
2010-07-29 19:58:07.230 Veraxinathinil: “And while many of the creatures of Siberys are benevolent, such as the couatl, many others are not. Even those that are benevolant would fight the creatures of Khyber, and in so doing, lay waste to Eberron.”
2010-07-29 19:59:12.354 Veraxinathinil: “However, the Orb is not an unintelligent creation. Oneis animates it with his spirit, and he fights against the compulsion to return balance. Oneis knows that allowing Eberron its moment in precedence is the best option for all that can be achieved right now. Thus the dichotomy; the Orb’s creation begs for it to destroy Eberron, and its motive force wants to protect Eberron.”
2010-07-29 19:59:58.717 Veraxinathinil: “The Orb’s purpose in the Prophecy, to actually answer the question you asked, is to be destroyed. Only by destroying it can the threat it poses to Eberron be allayed. Oneis knows this, which is why he brought you to me, hoping that I would know how to destroy it.”
2010-07-29 20:00:55.145 Dorvak: "The way you say that sounds like you are uncertain if you do know how, or if we can perform what is necessary to do so."
2010-07-29 20:01:43.632 Veraxinathinil: “I am afraid I have no immediate help for you. I do not know how to destroy the Orb. None of us do.”
2010-07-29 20:02:40.136 Ironbrow: "Even more who are not part of your ancient struggle will die if this Orb is allowed to persist. What can be done to stop the rakshasa from attempting to acquire it?"
2010-07-29 20:04:48.930 Veraxinathinil: “Many things, but I presume you mean that you are capable of performing. I am afraid I have no ancient lore to help you with that question either. Nakas will not approach you so long as you hold the Orb, and so you must contend with his minions and servants. Those will grow, both in power and in number, as time passes and he exerts greater control over them. However, should he exert sufficient control and empower them with enough of his own power, the Orb could be used both to weaktn them and to weaken him.”
2010-07-29 20:05:26.262 Veraxinathinil: “However, there are only two sure ways to prevent him from achieving the Orb; imprison him with it, or destroy it. So long as he is free and the Orb is in this world, he will bend all the strength he can towards acquiring it.”
2010-07-29 20:05:58.364 Ironbrow: "And destroying the Orb would release the wards that keep the Third of Two Hundred bound?"
2010-07-29 20:07:41.820 Veraxinathinil: “No. The First animates the Orb. The Third is currently free, and wreaking evil upon the world. No wards bind the Third. If you could bind him again by a means other than the Orb, that would work as well, but I doubt you are capable of such a task. I am uncertain if I could do such, without the Orb’s aid. And before you say it; the Orb will not function for a dragon. A failsafe built into it, in case any of us were ever corrupted by a rakshasa; the risk was deemed too great, as who could stop us, armed with the Orb?”
2010-07-29 20:08:14.921 Ironbrow nods, finally remembering.
2010-07-29 20:08:44.948 Ironbrow: "So Nakas must be bound. Can the Orb lead this one to him?"
2010-07-29 20:10:17.212 Veraxinathinil: “Most likely. It also is unlikely to do so, as the Orb cannot protect you against the reality-warping effects of a freed rakshasa. The outcome of your meeting is by no means certain, even with the Orb assisting you. There is sufficient danger to Nakas to prevent him from assaulting you personally, but he was always cautious.”
2010-07-29 20:11:15.691 Ironbrow: "This group has encountered many of his empowered servants and even what it suspects to be a direct vessel of power."
2010-07-29 20:12:26.398 Ironbrow turns back to the others.
2010-07-29 20:12:49.749 Ironbrow: "This one has asked what it can think of. It is sorry that you traveled for so long for but a few short, but pointed questions."
2010-07-29 20:12:55.174 Morthos has joined the session
2010-07-29 20:13:41.452 Jerric waves his hand dismissively
2010-07-29 20:14:05.679 Jerric: "Not at all, getting to the point is all the better."
2010-07-29 20:14:49.850 Jerric mulls over everything he heard
2010-07-29 20:15:11.377 Veraxinathinil: “I will confess, I had expected you to ask questions more of curiosity than specific advice. Perhaps this is why I am a scholar, and you are not.”
2010-07-29 20:15:48.795 Ironbrow: "This one has been slowly discovering the powers of the Orb. It has turned the tide of at least one major confrontation in which it would have lost its convenient carrier."
2010-07-29 20:16:06.071 Ironbrow: "This one is not given to curiosity in other ways."
2010-07-29 20:16:21.372 Jerric: "Well, when you’ve got beings of evil jumping over each other to get a piece of you, at least I tend to change my thinking a bit."
2010-07-29 20:16:35.424 Jerric laughs dryly
2010-07-29 20:17:39.194 Veraxinathinis: “Indeed, perhaps the mysteries of time are less important to you than remaining alive to be able to contemplate them later. I will admit that I have forgotten what it was like to be young and soft-scaled.”
2010-07-29 20:18:32.089 Ironbrow: "This one does have a question in regards to that, come to it. What did the group experience? Why is this one fused with another version of itself that should not be?"
2010-07-29 20:19:17.842 Veraxinathinil: “For this, I believe I need only remind you of things that you already know. One bit, however, may be new to you.”
2010-07-29 20:19:46.522 Veraxinathinil: “Let me state firstly that you have, at no time, traveled backward through time. Time cannot be reversed without unraveling the skein entirely.”
2010-07-29 20:20:59.333 Veraxinathinil: “The end was the beginning. When the dragons formed the heavens and the earth, their lives ended, but all else began. This was the beginning of time, as Eberron, Khyber, and Siberys laid down their lives to create a platform of existence, devining the laws of reality to seperate us from the creatures beyond the stars and from the world of nightmares.”
2010-07-29 20:22:25.652 Veraxinathinil: “Time is that which ends. Without time, nothing can end. Nor can anything begin. Life, magic, heat, existence itself owes its existence to time. When time ends, nothing remains after it.. And yet, the end was the beginning.”
2010-07-29 20:23:11.605 Ironbrow frowns.
2010-07-29 20:24:05.558 Ironbrow: "This one finds it both difficult to dispute the logic and impossible to comprehend it. Nevertheless, it must accept what you have said with no evidence to the contrary."
2010-07-29 20:25:51.990 Jerric: "Well that was just what didn’t happen, right? Going back in time. Are you saying that the end we saw was another beginning?"
2010-07-29 20:27:48.249 Veraxinathinil: “Correct. What you saw was the beginning of the Age of Demons, which would end your age of mortals. While true, that is not all the truth.”
2010-07-29 20:31:21.438 Jerric: "Would end, does that mean it did not happen? Was it just a vision, although a long and involved one?"
2010-07-29 20:31:58.465 Veraxinathinil: “It has happened before, and it will happen again, so long as the Orb exists.”
2010-07-29 20:32:34.392 Jerric: "Hmm, I see."
2010-07-29 20:32:41.093 Morthos: "So the orb has seen many of such ages come and go?"
2010-07-29 20:32:55.971 DM: Veraxinathinil nods slowly.
2010-07-29 20:33:29.927 Veraxinathinil: “Ages beyond measure, of all sorts, demons, mortals, dragons, quori, gods, and many more. We have seen them all, over and over, as the demons rise and fall and rise and fall.”
2010-07-29 20:34:45.607 Ironbrow looks down at the orb.
2010-07-29 20:35:29.860 Ironbrow: "This one half-hoped to find a steward who would reclaim the orb from it. It seems this one has more walking to do."
2010-07-29 20:36:27.063 Dorvak: "I suppose I have just one question, does the prophecy end?"
2010-07-29 20:37:56.602 Veraxinathinil: “The Prophecy has not been deciphered far enough to speak of an end. It speaks of the end of worlds, of the destruction of life, but these are only possibilities. Parts of the future have been determined, but not all.”
2010-07-29 20:39:11.783 Dorvak nods
2010-07-29 20:41:17.473 Morthos: "Does the orb either use or try to influence its wearer to further the balance it was created to maintain?"
2010-07-29 20:42:25.167 Veraxinathinil: “The Orb cannot act without a wielder. If it cannot convince its current wielder, by sublety or force, to act according to its desires, it is likely to attempt to find itself a new wielder, and repeat the process until it finds one who will.”
2010-07-29 20:44:40.410 Ironbrow: "This one is not pleased at the thought of being a small cog in a cosmic machine in this manner. The situation’s irony is not lost on this one, itself a creature of magic and machinery."
2010-07-29 20:45:12.538 Ironbrow: "Nevertheless, it has the Orb now, and will attempt to follow through with a logical and beneficial course of action."
2010-07-29 20:46:10.243 Jerric: "So, what exactly are we going to do? Try and find this Nakas?"
2010-07-29 20:47:17.108 Ironbrow: "This one would need to discuss that with you. It does not intend to put you in harm’s way further. This one… I… did not imagine the group to be much more than mercenaries finding their way in the wake of the War I was built to fight in for the sake of political boundaries."
2010-07-29 20:47:43.803 Ironbrow: "Now we are part of a cycle, a saddle for an artifact of great power."
2010-07-29 20:49:45.293 Dorvak: "Perhaps the orb is a good thing for us though. We have a strong goal and purpose now, and if we had not found it what we chose to do in life might not have mattered anyway."
2010-07-29 20:51:16.251 Jerric: "And even if you say that now, we are plenty involved already. We’re not going to back down now."
2010-07-29 20:51:34.743 Ironbrow frowns. It’s the closest it’s ever come to an actual smile, somehow.
2010-07-29 20:52:01.828 Jerric: "If there was ever a time to leave, it was definitely before we came to this continent. We’re hear ‘til the end now"
2010-07-29 20:52:30.668 Ironbrow: "Morthos? Lanley?"
2010-07-29 20:53:06.529 Morthos: "agreed"
2010-07-29 20:53:08.655 Lanley: “I don’t suppose I can get away with backing out now. I’m in.” (smiling)
2010-07-29 20:54:20.799 Ironbrow turns back to the dragon. “We have decided. Nakas must be stopped, and this Orb has that power. He will not stop chasing us and killing people around us until this is resolved.”
2010-07-29 20:55:30.396 Veraxinathinil: “I applaud your resolve. But you must know that you will not find Nakas alone. You will need allies. I suggest that you return somewhere you have made yourselves known and where you may have friends.”
2010-07-29 20:56:11.299 Veraxinathinil: “By now he will have formed an army of servants, and he will have no qualms about sacrificing them by the dozens to merely slow you down; anything that can improve his odds when he finally is forced to fight you.”
2010-07-29 20:58:09.709 Ironbrow: "We have work to do. Is there a swifter way back to Khorvaire? In the months we would take to return to Stormreach, Nakas’s power would grow even more than it has."
2010-07-29 20:58:55.752 Veraxinathinil: “If you survive the day, you will find your travel problem solved. I may return you to the mouth of my cave, if you so desire, but no further.”
2010-07-29 20:59:29.598 Ironbrow: "It would be a waste of your great power. I think we can walk."
2010-07-29 21:00:51.554 Ironbrow turns back to the others. “I would ask if we are prepared to return to the cave entrance. A rest is in order.”
2010-07-29 21:01:18.056 Jerric: "No problems here."
2010-07-29 21:01:42.158 Dorvak: "I think we have learned much, and I am ready."
2010-07-29 21:01:51.583 Lanley: “Good to go.”
2010-07-29 21:02:06.959 Ironbrow: (( Back to the entrance, then! Unless we run across Horrible Things. ))
2010-07-29 21:02:25.645 DM: Nothing horrible happens on the way to the entrance.
2010-07-29 21:03:08.363 Ironbrow: (Make camp and take a breather while we can?)
2010-07-29 21:03:16.531 DM: Once you get to the entrance, on the other hand…..
2010-07-29 21:03:26.257 DM: (Set up your pogs as you exited the cave.)
2010-07-29 21:05:11.421 DM: As you exit the cave, you are treated to a horrible surprise.
2010-07-29 21:06:12.413 DM: A dozen of the bone dragons you first met on the steps of the Library of Korranberg await outside, along with two familiar faces; a hobgoblin-rakshasa cross, and a tattooed shadar-kai/rakshasa cross.
2010-07-29 21:06:51.503 Lelorinel: “Well, hello once again. My companion has decreed that I’ll have to be the one to negotiate with you; he doesn’t want to dirty himself, or some such nonsense.”
2010-07-29 21:07:09.206 Lelorinel: “It’s quite simple, really; you can give us the Orb, or we can kill you and take it. Your decision.”
2010-07-29 21:07:35.408 Ironbrow draws it sword.
2010-07-29 21:07:42.183 Ironbrow: (its)
2010-07-29 21:07:42.886 Dorvak summons his axe
2010-07-29 21:07:54.862 Lelorinel: “I rather thought you’d respond that-”
2010-07-29 21:08:04.755 DM: The rest of her sentence is cut off by a massive explosion.
2010-07-29 21:08:24.409 DM: (The airship pog is not to scale. It’s 200 feet long.)
2010-07-29 21:08:38.693 DM: Blasts of energy and cannonballs crash down among the dragons.
2010-07-29 21:08:48.868 Ironbrow: (Fuck yeah!)
2010-07-29 21:08:49.168 Jerric: (( So 40 squares? Nice ))
2010-07-29 21:09:12.921 Vo: “Grrrh! Dracos, deal with the airship! We’ll handle these pathetic worms.”
2010-07-29 21:09:28.248 DM: The dragons take off and circle around the ship as it blasts at them. Initiative!
2010-07-29 21:09:34.547 Jerric rolls Initiative (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3): 19 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 36
2010-07-29 21:09:39.625 Ironbrow rolls Initiative (d20 + 7): 7 + 7 = 14
2010-07-29 21:09:46.599 Morthos rolls Initiative (d20 + 7): 14 + 7 = 21
2010-07-29 21:09:51.818 Dorvak rolls Initiative(near Ironbrow) (d20 + 7): 3 + 7 = 10
2010-07-29 21:10:45.100 DM: Jerric.
2010-07-29 21:10:50.750 DM: (No one is surprised that a 36 wins.)
2010-07-29 21:10:54.151 Jerric: (( Did we have just one fight today? Trying to remember what I used ))
2010-07-29 21:11:03.979 DM: Yep, the fight with the machine things.
2010-07-29 21:11:10.029 Ironbrow: (Yeah, that horrible fight with the mecha-dogs.)
2010-07-29 21:11:25.527 Jerric: (( Think I used Hunter’s Privilege, AP and Attacks on the Run ))
2010-07-29 21:11:27.086 Ironbrow: (But, hang tight. If this goes sour the Orb gave me a new trick. )
2010-07-29 21:11:40.969 DM: That sounds right to me.
2010-07-29 21:11:44.797 Ironbrow: (Go go artifacts)
2010-07-29 21:11:47.648 Jerric: (( Are we fighting just the two things? I see two ?s too ))
2010-07-29 21:11:57.123 DM: Just the two things. Every other pog is terrain.
2010-07-29 21:12:18.074 DM: Rocks are difficult terrain that provide cover, bushes are difficult terrain, and if you want you can climb up top on the big rocks.
2010-07-29 21:13:35.450 Jerric draws his bow and swings to his left, opening with a pair of arrows aimed at the shadar-kai
2010-07-29 21:13:38.800 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 36
2010-07-29 21:13:39.075 Jerric rolls Attack, Longbow (d20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1): 11 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 27
2010-07-29 21:13:43.936 Jerric rolls Critical, Longbow 1W (10 + 3d6 + 3): 10 + (4 + 6 + 5) + 3 = 28
2010-07-29 21:13:46.001 Ironbrow: (Nice opener. :D )
2010-07-29 21:13:47.101 DM: Both arrows hit.
2010-07-29 21:13:47.501 Jerric rolls Damage, Hunter’s Quarry (d8): 5 = 5
2010-07-29 21:13:55.404 Jerric rolls Damage, Longbow 1W (d10 + 3): 8 + 3 = 11
2010-07-29 21:14:03.054 Jerric: (( Done ))
2010-07-29 21:14:33.225 DM: The enormous furred hobgoblin disapperas from his position and reappears painfully close.
2010-07-29 21:14:56.291 DM: He then claws at Jerric.
2010-07-29 21:15:32.423 DM: Jerric is clawed for 22 points of damage, as he disappears and reappears again.
2010-07-29 21:15:45.950 Jerric activates his bracers of defense

Comments

ankiyavon

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.